Drake - For All The Dogs (Discussion Thread)

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Drake is arguably a better rapper than Kendrick.

e9d503aac4092c4b00fbdc7cd638160b.jpg

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
See the problem with you is you're stuck on the matrix.

You're so lost in lyfe that your heat and soul is on lyfe support.

You sound crazy.
When this method man drink champs over I'm bouncing and riding to this whole album n I'll pray for you.

You can relate to some of this shyt?

Izanami

Superstar
Daps
A few thoughts after about 4 spins

-This shyt needed a great Executive Producer. The BARK radio theme should’ve been established on the intro not on track 8. The theory of every Drake album would be great if condensed to the best 13-15 tracks ring true once again.
—Too many yes man in the studio and not enough inspiration and creativity going on in his camp but an opportunity was missed here.

-Drake and Cole is a dream collab that lived up to the anticipation. Same with the Cudi collab on CLB. A video needs to be shot and seeing this track performed live is bucket list worthy

-“First Person Shooter” is an instant classic track and better than Sicko Mode. Cole is the best rapper alive period

- Yeat sounds like if AI cloned a bunch rappers wasn’t sure if that track featured 21, young thug, gunna, Carti and da baby before looking at the credits. track is dope

-Songs being finished minutes before the release makes sense cause this album is too bloated and lacks direction a decent EP needed again

-“Slime You Out“ has grown on me SZA shines on her guest spots. A true star inthis era

-Adonis ruined Daylight not needed on that. Aadonis interlude would’ve been much more digestible didn’t like hearing leading up to the Epic FPS track

- The run from “Drew A Picasso“ to “Bbl Interlude” is the best on here

- “Gently” is trash and has no business on here

- The SOSA feature us fire and that beat switch was way too early and unnecessary

—Rich Baby Daddy should’ve been out during the summer and put out as a single. Nice vibe and guilty pleasure lol. Again SZA delivered

-Yachty flat out sucks as a rapper. Almost Ruined “Another Late Night” track is dope though

-“Away From Home” is classic reflective Drake and should’ve been the album closer.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
You only listen to music you “relate” to?
That's part of it:

I'm a professional 38 year old heterosexual male.

I'm recently divorced but I don't hate my ex-wife. i don't wish her bad on her next relationship or wonder "why him?"

I hang out at my local cigar lounge. I'm too old for clubs.

The other part is this album is just not good. The only song I like is All The Parties and not even the entire song. Just from Chief Keef on till the end.

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
You maga west stans are pitiful insecure fools :umad:
fukk c00nye west and anyone that loves this c00n that be sucking white zaddies in public tap dancing for them
Yeezus was a dumpster as well, so what was his point lmao. Male Doja c00n 4 Ch-an music.

Also, there’s adult men that like Rich Baby Daddy??? Even for the type of song it is, it’s so bad :russ: :russ:

Kanye @ 36 years old:

Kanye-SNL.jpeg

6TZP.gif

3e1cfe83f8006dc852598f98255a73d2.jpg

wf447x8kq9z81.png

Drake @ 36 years old:

0e2mcaj5umsb1.png

F6k_HzEWsAAS7UO

F0De_5uWYAATsxE

drakes-for-all-the-dogs-continues-to-get-absolutely-panned-v0-ahtzb02p1msb1.jpg

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
So they both dropped trash at the same age? What kind of flex is that supposed to be?

Yeezus reviews:

FATD reviews:

t0owzw1p1msb1.jpg

oyt0rr2p1msb1.jpg

snudlx1p1msb1.jpg

John Mexico

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Henderson, NV
That yeat dude is probably the worst I’ve ever heard

(cut the shyt off after his kid on Daylight; between the sassy ass interlude before the 21 verse, the fake killer shyt, and his son rapping at the end of Daylight, I had enough of how unserious he is as an artist these days and put on NWTS and ASAP Rocky lol, haven't even made to to First Person Shooter yet)

I aint gonna lie, I fukk with that energy. Randomly a few months back I was sailing the salty seas and said fukk lemme skim through some of this.

Im approaching mid-30s; Lil Pump, Carti, insert flash in the pan here; I don't fukk with any of it. Yeat sounds like everybody and nobody at the same time. It's Cam Newton font in song form. Granted this shyt is so far from appealing to me its not even funny. It's amorphous as hell but yeah I kinda like I don't know what I'm gonna get from song to song. I think it does the modern lofi shyt right, and he can actually flow, at least from the decent amount i've heard.

We aint getting no Denzel Currys or JIDs anytime soon. That I've accepted.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Been seeing a crazy amount of hate for this album on twitter. They tripping because to me this is one of his better albums. He went a little OD with beat switches, but the songs that hit, hit really fukking hard.

Virginia Beach
Fear Of Heights
Daylight
First Person Shooter
Tried Our Best
Drew A Picasso
Members Only
What Would Pluto Do

Those are the standouts for me
Everyone has since Travis really pushed it on Rodeo, and then of course Sicko Mode.