Drake - Family Matters (Kendrick Lamar, ASAP Rocky & Rick Ross Diss)

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
A bunch of NY rappers dissed Kendrick after Control and Diddy poured a drink on him, which sparked the confrontation with Cole. There certainly was some sensitivity, it just wasn't as unified as the west seems to be right now. I remember 50 Cent being in Kendrick's corner at that time too and it's not like NY had a major rapper at the time who could rally the troops
50 wasn't in Kendrick's corner. 50 actually exposed Kendrick during that time. Everyone was like "oh Kendrick didn't expect this to be such a big deal. He's bigging everyone up. It's just friendly competition.." 50 said "I was at the studio that nikka Kendrick knew what he was doin.." and started laughing. Look. I don't have a problem with Kendrick. I just don't like how people baby him and act like hypocrites when it comes to him. Look at this thread. Drake disses Kendrick. He dissed the whole west coast. Kendrick claims King Of NY. He's not dissing NY and/or we weren't unified. Meanwhile every NY rapper that responded to that lil nikka got shytted on to the point Cam had to point it out and break down why it wasn't fair to try to silence people.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Who breh? The only one that got criticized like that was Papoose and folks been hating on Pap no matter what. Even NY cats hate on Pap.

NY didn't unify. There was alot of NY dudes saying what Kendrick said was fair game. There was NY cats throwing shots back at Kendrick but dont even get love across NY.

Like I'm saying, it ain't anyones else's fault NY don't stick together. The 5 boroughs might as well be different states sometimes.
:what: this is straight up cap. JR Writer got shytted on. Joe Budden got shytted on. Pap got shytted on. shyt man even Lupe got shytted on for responding to son. Why yall sitting here lying? Every rapper that respo ded to that shyt got hate for it.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
50 wasn't in Kendrick's corner. 50 actually exposed Kendrick during that time. Everyone was like "oh Kendrick didn't expect this to be such a big deal. He's bigging everyone up. It's just friendly competition.." 50 said "I was at the studio that nikka Kendrick knew what he was doin.." and started laughing. Look. I don't have a problem with Kendrick. I just don't like how people baby him and act like hypocrites when it comes to him. Look at this thread. Drake disses Kendrick. He dissed the whole west coast. Kendrick claims King Of NY. He's not dissing NY and/or we weren't unified. Meanwhile every NY rapper that responded to that lil nikka got shytted on to the point Cam had to point it out and break down why it wasn't fair to try to silence people.

He didn't expose shyt, dude just recognized the game/play lol. Because he's 50. That shyt cracked me up because it's still true to this day. Hell you can tell Drake fell for it when he was taking tough for those two weeks waiting for a response. When Ak said Drake told him that he was tired of Kendrick throwing shyt and disappearing, and wouldn't let him do it this time....perfect example of Drake misreading the situation.

I remember Punch saying they listened to the responses while laughing. Do I think that was disrespectful? Sure but then again...and I mean no disrespect to you since you from NY...Kendrick was right. Even accounting for that being a Kurupt bar, the fact that he got that off without shyt happening and nobody being ready to really challenge him tells me he won. Even with the Like That verse and the Melle Mel line...to quote Ye, he running around like Pac lol.

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:what: this is straight up cap. JR Writer got shytted on. Joe Budden got shytted on. Pap got shytted on. shyt man even Lupe got shytted on for responding to son. Why yall sitting here lying? Every rapper that respo ded to that shyt got hate for it.
Breh, what are you even arguing. nobody even heard JR Writer's shyt. Pap got shyt on cause Pap gets shyt on. Neither of them cats got NY behind them. NY didn't really get behind any new rappers till Pop Smoke.

Lu from Chicago and Budden from NJ. They didn't get shyt on for being from NY and they wasn't responding to the KONY line. They got shyt on cause folks think they are corny (I don't). That's got nothing to do with what you are trying to argue. They ain't from NY. They inserted themselves for a whole different reasons.

Nobody shyt on KRIT, Meek or Jay Elect for responding, but folks did think Jay Elect could have come better. KRIT got praised for his response and rightfully so, cause his shyt was fire. But again that wasn't about the KONY line either.

You ain't speaking facts breh.

NY should have got behind Joey Badass. He came out the same time as Kendrick, had similar lyrical leanings. But NY wrote him off as backpack rap.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikka he spoke on YG. Who was raised out there and really bangs a set. He spoke on Game. Who was raised out there and really bangs a set. Only one he mentioned that wasn't raised out there was Chris Brown. But them other nikkas was raised out there JUST like Kendrick. Kendrick is also a fukkin rapper that nikka aint no more special than YG or Game. Bruh. Lol.
And what was he speaking on?

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He wasn't mocking Pac and I'm the first person to call nikkas out for shytting on Pac.
Breh, from the jump, using AI to replicate someone's voice, especially if they're dead, has been seen on some disrespectful shyt if not blessed by the family. Timbaland did that shyt with Biggie and got the :camby:. Scarlett Johansson is about to sue the fukk out of OpenAI for replicating her voice. Whether he mocked Pac or not, the simple fact of using his voice was going to piss people off. The estate spoke out against it, emphasizing that the fact that it was used against Kendrick, who they consider a friend of the estate, made it worse. A relative spoke out against it. Why wouldn't the west coast feel a way about it?

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
Spliz you see how them west coast dudes move. They cliquing up behind the success of not like us

Isaiah Rashad never been acknowledged by Kendrick even though they both on TDE and been silent since his gay sextapes dropped. Next thing you know he playing Not Like Us have the crowd go wild at his show :mjlol:

All the washed up :flabbynsick: from Cali were going crazy when not like Us came out. Talking about "he did the coast proud"
West Coast Pride ≠ East Coast Hate

You dikkheads are just spinmasters. No one was shytting on the East. Unless y'all claiming Toronto now :scust:

PHamm

Superstar
Daps
He didn't expose shyt, dude just recognized the game/play lol. Because he's 50. That shyt cracked me up because it's still true to this day. Hell you can tell Drake fell for it when he was taking tough for those two weeks waiting for a response. When Ak said Drake told him that he was tired of Kendrick throwing shyt and disappearing, and wouldn't let him do it this time....perfect example of Drake misreading the situation.

I remember Punch saying they listened to the responses while laughing. Do I think that was disrespectful? Sure but then again...and I mean no disrespect to you since you from NY...Kendrick was right. Even accounting for that being a Kurupt bar, the fact that he got that off without shyt happening and nobody being ready to really challenge him tells me he won. Even with the Like That verse and the Melle Mel line...to quote Ye, he running around like Pac lol.
Melle Mel had a perfect opportunity to go at Dot, he should have done it

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Breh, what are you even arguing. nobody even heard JR Writer's shyt. Pap got shyt on cause Pap gets shyt on. Neither of them cats got NY behind them. NY didn't really get behind any new rappers till Pop Smoke.

Lu from Chicago and Budden from NJ. They didn't get shyt on for being from NY and they wasn't responding to the KONY line. They got shyt on cause folks think they are corny (I don't). That's got nothing to do with what you are trying to argue. They ain't from NY. They inserted themselves for a whole different reasons.

Nobody shyt on KRIT, Meek or Jay Elect for responding, but folks did think Jay Elect could have come better. KRIT got praised for his response and rightfully so, cause his shyt was fire. But again that wasn't about the KONY line either.

You ain't speaking facts breh.

NY should have got behind Joey Badass. He came out the same time as Kendrick, had similar lyrical leanings. But NY wrote him off as backpack rap.
nikka do u get it? Everyone who dissed Kendrick during that time was called a hater. Everyone who supported it was called a hater. The whole media was supporting Kendrick and trying to shyt on anyone who responded to him. What do u mean get behind Joey Badass? nikka do u not understand what was going on during that time frame? Joey Badass for one was like 16 or 17 at the time. Ain't even dropped his first solo album yet. Only his 1999 mixtape. Troy Ave came at him. But like I said. The people was being drowned out by the media. Even our own NY based radio stations was defending Kendrick. Being that people who WERENT from NY was hosting the shows and was the program directors. One of the biggest Kendrick dikkriders in media is a white dude on Hot 97 named Rosenberg. Like I said. Intellectually dishonest ass nikkas man.

Omerta

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OZ via El Barrio
i swear you said you were an unbiased rap fan breh

not sure why you jumping out the window for drake's weird ass behavior

Dude used to be one of the best posters here. It’s such a shame one of the more logical posters has turned to absolute shyt, and it’s evident af - look at the people homie has been defending in some capacity lately in their respective situations- Tory Lanez, Nicki, Diddy, Drake and Budden (re: abuse).

My uncle used to always tell me even good dudes, when they get older, watch out for them because they become bitter and evil spirited. Spilz personified that. I just put dude on ignore.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Dude used to be one of the best posters here. It’s such a shame one of the more logical posters has turned to absolute shyt, and it’s evident af - look at the people homie has been defending in some capacity lately in their respective situations- Tory Lanez, Nicki, Diddy, Drake and Budden (re: abuse).

My uncle used to always tell me even good dudes, when they get older, watch out for them because they become bitter and evil spirited. Spilz personified that. I just put dude on ignore.
:what: I'm bitter cause I pointed out bias in some rap beef shyt? When the fukk did I defend Budden's abuse? Are u fukking stupid? When did I defend Diddy's abuse? Saying Drake had the best track in a rap battle means I'm bitter and evil spirited? Man fukk this site bruh. Lol. Real talk @hex and @FreshAIG ban me so I dont even the urge to post on this bum ass shyt no more. shyt corny.

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikka do u get it? Everyone who dissed Kendrick during that time was called a hater. Everyone who supported it was called a hater. The whole media was supporting Kendrick and trying to shyt on anyone who responded to him. What do u mean get behind Joey Badass? nikka do u not understand what was going on during that time frame? Joey Badass for one was like 16 or 17 at the time. Ain't even dropped his first solo album yet. Only his 1999 mixtape. Troy Ave came at him. But like I said. The people was being drowned out by the media. Even our own NY based radio stations was defending Kendrick. Being that people who WERENT from NY was hosting the shows and was the program directors. One of the biggest Kendrick dikkriders in media is a white dude on Hot 97 named Rosenberg. Like I said. Intellectually dishonest ass nikkas man.
Kick rocks. NY let outsiders take over. Now you going hard for a fake ass Canadian child actor with ghostwritten raps pretending to be a serious contender. Breh I thought you was an MC?

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Kick rocks. NY let outsiders take over. Now you going hard for a fake ass Canadian child actor with ghostwritten raps pretending to be a serious contender. Breh I thought you was an MC?
I don't give a fukk about Drake nikka. This aint about Drake. Me personally. Would've never even engaged with Drake cause I don't respect his pen. Kendrick chose to. Now he gets judged accordingly. NY let outsiders take over? So we control the radiostations n shyt now? Lol. shyt is insane bruh. How did it even get here? All I said was how did Drake diss a whole coast by dissing Kendrick. Yet Kendrick not considered to have dissed a whole coast when he said he the King Of NY? And nikkas kept making excuses. This battle got nikkas on some tribal bs word up. Can't even have a difference of opinion. U got nikkas in here questioning my morals and calling me evil spirited over this goofy shyt when in reality I literally been stopped talkin bout this shyt outside of this site. And I crowned Kendrick the winner of the battle.