Drake - Family Matters (Kendrick Lamar, ASAP Rocky & Rick Ross Diss)

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikka he spoke on YG. Who was raised out there and really bangs a set. He spoke on Game. Who was raised out there and really bangs a set. Only one he mentioned that wasn't raised out there was Chris Brown. But them other nikkas was raised out there JUST like Kendrick. Kendrick is also a fukkin rapper that nikka aint no more special than YG or Game. Bruh. Lol.
i swear you said you were an unbiased rap fan breh

not sure why you jumping out the window for drake's weird ass behavior

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
The other mistake, west coast wise, was Drake bring up gang politics shyt as an outside. Nobody out west wanted to hear that shyt, certainly not the people mentioned. And since then we've seen Chris Brown dancing to Not Like Us and YG seemingly sending subs at Drake today about it. Don't gotta look hard to see who Kendrick is affiliated with, or why he's constantly surrounded by gang members. That was just dumb on Drake's part and another example of him having no cultural expertise to draw on. Should have known that shyt wasn't gonna fly.

Same thing got Game crushed over the Chiraq song and T.I. had to intermediate to save Game's ass.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Same thing got Game crushed over the Chiraq song and T.I. had to intermediate to save Game's ass.
Game started naming nikkas and acting like he was associated with nikkas he never even met before. Even to the point of getting names wrong. Speaking on business he had no part of whatsoever. G Count(one of the nikka he named and named wrong by the way). Called him out and shut that shyt down. What Drake did was no comparison. Drake was talkin bout rap shyt when he said he gets more love in the city. Game was talkin bout street politics he had no part in.

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He wasn't mocking Pac and I'm the first person to call nikkas out for shytting on Pac. He spoke to Kendrick on some West Coast Savior shyt because that's how he gets treated and how he treats himself. Drake saying he get more love in his city is NOT dissing the city. It's dissing the rapper. Again. Where was all this sensitivity when Kendrick called himself the King Of NY on Control? Every NY rapper that responded to that shyt caught flack from the media. Even Cam had to defend the NY rappers on Breakfast Club. A fukking NY based radio show. nikkas memory selective as fukk.
Cali stuck together. NY didn't. You mad at the wrong people.

And yeah he was mocking Pac with that verse, you might not feel it was but folks that new him still around didn't like it

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Cali stuck together. NY didn't. You mad at the wrong people.

And yeah he was mocking Pac with that verse, you might not feel it was but folks that new him still around didn't like it
NY did. And got criticized for it. That's the point I'm making. Every rapper that came at Kendrick during that time got called a clout chaser or a hater.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
He wasn't mocking Pac and I'm the first person to call nikkas out for shytting on Pac. He spoke to Kendrick on some West Coast Savior shyt because that's how he gets treated and how he treats himself. Drake saying he get more love in his city is NOT dissing the city. It's dissing the rapper. Again. Where was all this sensitivity when Kendrick called himself the King Of NY on Control?

A bunch of NY rappers dissed Kendrick after Control and Diddy poured a drink on him, which sparked the confrontation with Cole. There certainly was some sensitivity, it just wasn't as unified as the west seems to be right now. I remember 50 Cent being in Kendrick's corner at that time too and it's not like NY had a major rapper at the time who could rally the troops

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
NY did. And got criticized for it. That's the point I'm making. Every rapper that came at Kendrick during that time got called a clout chaser or a hater.
Who breh? The only one that got criticized like that was Papoose and folks been hating on Pap no matter what. Even NY cats hate on Pap.

NY didn't unify. There was alot of NY dudes saying what Kendrick said was fair game. There was NY cats throwing shots back at Kendrick but dont even get love across NY.

Like I'm saying, it ain't anyones else's fault NY don't stick together. The 5 boroughs might as well be different states sometimes.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Family Matters will played years from now. Not Like us is a moment in time and nobody will be listening to it by this time next year.

:umad: Kenny stans :scust:

How can you possibly make this argument. Not Like Us is a club banger, that shyt not going away. Drake can't even play Family Matters live a year from now, nobody will care. A smash hit gonna be a smash hit forever.
:dead:

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Family Matters will played years from now. Not Like us is a moment in time and nobody will be listening to it by this time next year.

:umad: Kenny stans :scust:
The beat for Not Like Us is already tiresome and played. When you really listen, it’s childish as hell. It was a moment, a big moment, but it’s definitely not song of the summer anywhere east of California