"Drake couldn't exist if Big & Pac was around, would have him for lunch" - Shyne

blockboy504

LSU Tigers
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans/Dallas
You are COMPLETLY missing the point. Brainwashing kids into being feminine, materialistic, devoid of substance frauds. The fukk you talking about drugs for? Where is Chuck D glorying drugs? Stop taking shyt from 1 extreme to the other.

You are talking shyt, Shyne's father wasn't even involved with him like that, Shyne has his stripes in the street. Also Shyne's music now is more content filled than Drake's. Again, you're making shyt up so not much to say. And you're deliberately twisting shyt.

Soft people's excuses are always some nonsense like this.
Bruh you got issues like serious mental issues

Farrinto

Who's the best MCs? Biggie, Jay-Z, and Nas
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Pure horseshyt. Of all the fukkery marketed towards children, you want to take issue with Drake? Drake? What is Drake brainwashing kids into being? Child actors who don't break the law? Oh no, where is this Canadian anti-christ leading our youth lol?! :russ:I'd rather my kid listen to Drake than a thug caricature like Shyne who, even though his dad is basically a king and he had a record deal and opportunities many people will never see, threw it all away because he wanted to "buss his gun" like the music he listened to. You'd rather kids listen to a bunch of rappers tell them to sell drugs to their people and play into every negative stereotype imaginable, than listen to a guy basically explore himself, his life, and his perspective.

Basically Shyne's entiire issue revolves around the same nonsense you constantly hear about Drake, and that is he doesn't have some sort of criminal background and admit he has feelings. Music ain't a principle. It's an artform. Stop trying to tell people how to express themselves and what qualifications they have to own to do it.

I don't listen to Drake at all and I'm not a fan of his, but you have a point. If you lived what people like Shyne, Big, and even Pac to an extent lived in their songs, then you'd be leading more of a destructive lifestyle than anything Drake raps about.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Drake would do like the rest and act like he was a street dude, hang with gangsters and drop songs like fukk The Police and albums like Amerikkkas most wanted or The Chronic.

Or he would operate on that other venue and do like Hammer and go diamond on their asses, or perhaps a bit toned down and just go plat like Mark Wahlberg.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Craziness, if Pac and Big was around shyt wouldn't have been watered down mainstream wise to even allow Drake to happen. Pac would be running shyt to this day, he would be in a higher spot than Jay Z. Jay Z is older than Pac isn't he? And he still sold more than Drake and them.
B.I.G. and Pac couldn't stop the shiny suit era, they couldn't stop the South's takeover, they wouldn't be able to stop Kanye's takeover. They wouldn't be able to stop the societal changes that led to change in hip hop. Also, Jay-Z is arguably hip hop's greatest businessman, he has extreme industry push and connects, he's a label head, he's the greatest PR'd rapper ever. If Pac were alive I don't think he'd be bigger than Hov right now. I think Pac would have moved on to activism and acting.

If B.I.G. and Pac were alive they would have cosigned Drake...just like Hov has, just like Nas has, just like Bun B has, just like Ghostface Killah and Raekwon have, just like DJ Premier has, just like Jay Electronica has, just like Kanye has, just like Prodigy has, just like LL Cool J has, just like AZ has, just like Slum Village has, just like Little Brother has, just like Fat Joe has, just like Andre 3000 has get the fukk outta here.

:mjlol: at today's teens and 20 year olds wanting to listen to damn near 45 year old Pac and B.I.G. over Drizzy.

Drake is better than that biter Shyne too... :umad:

Also, there's nothing wrong about that Drake album. It's his worse lyrical effort but all in all it's just good music. If you think it's bad music you need your ears checked out. :scust:

I'm tired of nikkas making hypothetical situations bu, bu, but if Pac and B.I.G. were alive...nikka their artists who were bound to fall off commercially, they cannot change what happens in the industry.

The Drake hate :scusthov:

:camby:

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
B.I.G. and Pac couldn't stop the shiny suit era, they couldn't stop the South's takeover, they wouldn't be able to stop Kanye's takeover. They wouldn't be able to stop the societal changes that led to changed in hip hop. Also, Jay-Z is arguably hip hop's greatest businessman, he has extreme industry push and connects, he's a label head, he's the greatest PR'd rapper ever. If Pac were alive I don't think he'd be bigger than Hov right now. I think Pac would have moved on to activism and acting.

If B.I.G. and Pac were alive they would have cosigned Drake...just like Hov has, just like Nas has, just like Bun B has, just like Ghostface Killah and Raekwon have, just like DJ Premier has, just like Jay Electronica has, just like Kanye has, just like Prodigy has, just like LL Cool J has, just like AZ has, just like Slum Village has, just like Little Brother has, just like Fat Joe has, just like Andre 3000 has get the fukk outta here.

:mjlol: at today's teens and 20 year olds wanting to listen to damn near 45 year old Pac and B.I.G. over Drizzy.

Drake is better than that biter Shyne too... :umad:

Also, there's nothing wrong about that Drake album. It's his worse lyrical effort but all in all it's just good music. If you think it's bad music you need your ears checked out. :scust:

I'm tired of nikkas making hypothetical situations bu, bu, but if Pac and B.I.G. were alive...nikka their artists who were bound to fall off commercially, they cannot change what happens in the industry.

The Drake hate :scusthov:

:camby:

The shiny suit era had harder artists and more credible MC's, if you putting Big into that category too. There would be no way Drake is allowed to have the position he did if Pac was around, probably not if Big was around too. Certainly not if both were.

Pac would be bigger than Jay, we don't know though, but all we know while both were alive and even though Jay was older Pac was still much bigger.

Lmao.

Nope, Shyne better than Drake, Drake is trash. Drake's album is really awful, worst release I've heard this year by far.

Drake's trash, terrible singer and "artist", he deserves the hate and much more of it. Sooner he's done the better. Will happen eventually anyway...

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
The shiny suit era had harder artists and more credible MC's, if you putting Big into that category too. There would be no way Drake is allowed to have the position he did if Pac was around, probably not if Big was around too. Certainly not if both were.

Pac would be bigger than Jay, we don't know though, but all we know while both were alive and even though Jay was older Pac was still much bigger.

Lmao.

Nope, Shyne better than Drake, Drake is trash. Drake's album is really awful, worst release I've heard this year by far.

Drake's trash, terrible singer and "artist", he deserves the hate and much more of it. Sooner he's done the better. Will happen eventually anyway...
What is your argument whether Drake could have came up in that era or whether Drake would have came out had B.I.G. and Pac lived? :what:

It's not fair to say Pac was hotter than Jay when he was alive, Jay had just came out in '96, he was underground from '88-'95. Jay's Volume 2 would go on to sell more copies than any Pac CD going Diamond as a single CD. Jay would end up making bigger hits too. I'm also talking about the industry power Hov has which you ignored, Pac wouldn't be more commercially successful today. Like I said I see Pac getting into activism and acting, spitting the occasional verse.

Shyne isn't better than Drake. Drake has more flows and cadences, better wordplay, more clever. Shyne doesn't have a better song from a technical MC perspective than this just effortless.

The album is not trash, your ear for music seems like it though. :scust:

Not everything has to be lyrical miracle or based around societal themes this is just a cool album very well produced, dope flows, cadences and melodies, it's witty, it's ambient, it's cool to kick back to, it's just good music.

"Sooner he's done the better. Will happen eventually anyway..."

Keep waiting breh, he's been at or near the top for 6 years. That new Drake album went Gold in a few days in THIS era. :umad:

I see you ignored my point about the co-signs... :sas1:

I know you respect guys like Nas and Premo why would they support :trash:

:sas2:

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What is your argument whether Drake could have came up in that era or whether Drake would have came out had B.I.G. and Pac lived? :what:

It's not fair to say Pac was hotter than Jay when he was alive, Jay had just came out in '96, he was underground from '88-'95. Jay's Volume 2 would go on to sell more copies than any Pac CD going Diamond as a single CD. Jay would end up making bigger hits too. I'm also talking about the industry power Hov has which you ignored, Pac wouldn't be more commercially successful today. Like I said I see Pac getting into activism and acting, spitting the occasional verse.

Shyne isn't better than Drake. Drake has more flows and cadences, better wordplay, more clever. Shyne doesn't have a better song from a technical MC perspective than this just effortless.

The album is not trash, your ear for music seems like it though. :scust:

Not everything has to be lyrical miracle or based around societal themes this is just a cool album very well produced, dope flows, cadences and melodies, it's witty, it's ambient, it's cool to kick back to, it's just good music.

"Sooner he's done the better. Will happen eventually anyway..."

Keep waiting breh, he's been at or near the top for 6 years. That new Drake album went Gold in a few days in THIS era. :umad:

I see you ignored my point about the co-signs... :sas1:

I know you respect guys like Nas and Premo why would they support :trash:

:sas2:

Drake couldn't have come out in those eras and also he wouldn't be in the position he is had they lived.

Jay was older, Pac WAS hotter, we don't know what would have been had they lived.

Pac sold more records than Jay for years and years after he died, not sure on the numbers now.

Nope, both Shyne's albums are better than Drake's and his mixtape is better than Drake's albums too.

The album is trash, i don't like soulless childish pathetic music sorry, if you do cool.

Lol it will happen.

Lol at co signs, that's politics, you see what Prince said, you not gonna get many dissing him because of who he's backed by, doesn't change the fact he's a bytch and a trash rapper and singer.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Craziness, if Pac and Big was around shyt wouldn't have been watered down mainstream wise to even allow Drake to happen. Pac would be running shyt to this day, he would be in a higher spot than Jay Z. Jay Z is older than Pac isn't he? And he still sold more than Drake and them.
I agreed with everything you said up until the bolded. Let's not act like Pac's music wasn't showing signs of mainstream and co-optation; Same with Biggie; he was on that Mafioso shyt and everything, but to act like those 2 would've stop corporatized hip hop (which they helped expand) is insane. They would've jumped right along the train and made the money they wanted to make.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agreed with everything you said up until the bolded. Let's not act like Pac's music wasn't showing signs of mainstream and co-optation; Same with Biggie; he was on that Mafioso shyt and everything, but to act like those 2 would've stop corporatized hip hop (which they helped expand) is insane. They would've jumped right along the train and made the money they wanted to make.

I think Pac kept it real, 7 Day Theory had songs like Blasphemy, White Manz World and Hold Ya Head, and I could go on, those have more substance and skill than ANY Drake song. Biggie's shyt was never soft, and he had substance in a different way. Drake's music is fake and devoid of any real substance, I never said they would have stopped cooperate Hip Hop, I said Drake wouldn't exist in the level he was had they been around, and I stand by that 100 percent.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Drake couldn't have come out in those eras and also he wouldn't be in the position he is had they lived.

Jay was older, Pac WAS hotter, we don't know what would have been had they lived.

Pac sold more records than Jay for years and years after he died, not sure on the numbers now.

Nope, both Shyne's albums are better than Drake's and his mixtape is better than Drake's albums too.

The album is trash, i don't like soulless childish pathetic music sorry, if you do cool.

Lol it will happen.

Lol at co signs, that's politics, you see what Prince said, you not gonna get many dissing him because of who he's backed by, doesn't change the fact he's a bytch and a trash rapper and singer.
Shyne's albums aren't better, he isn't a better rapper. Drake is more talented and has a better ear for making music. Your opinions are just your opinions all of Drake's projects are more acclaimed than Shyne's shyt there's a reason for that.

Pretend you listen to Shyne like that to shyt on Drake, brehs. :mjlol:

In 1996 Jay had just dropped his debut stop sidestepping of course he was hotter. I just told you Jay sold Diamond off Volume 2 more than any Tupac album, I'm not counting post-humous sales because his death of course led to people copping his catalog. Could you imagine had Jay died after The Black Album?

Extrapolating Jay's career to the same amount that Pac rapped, Hov had more hits. I just told you Jay has industry power, Jay's his own man, Pac was getting extorted by Death Row. Jay is corporate, Tupac would not be more commercially dominant in 2015.

It's not politics, it's opinion they asked Nas who he's been listening to lately. He said Scarface and Drake. Bun B genuinely feels Drake always shows him love in Houston and has done several songs with him. Slum Village and Little Brother co-signed and worked with Drake before he was even signed.

I don't know how you can listed to Jungle and call it soulless :mjlol:
Drake's music is fake and devoid of any real substance,.
Drake's music does have substance though...

S.T.R.E.S.S. is about growing up mixed-raced in Toronto, being called the n-word

Look What You've Done is a tribute to his deceased grandmother

The Resistance is about being true to yourself and not letting fame change you

The Calm is about his relationship with his father who lives in Memphis and wasn't prominent in his life because of his parents divorce

Had a song with Snoop discussing gun violence

I guess you can't relate to losing a loved one, experiencing racism, not having a father, relationships with women/friends, etc.

:heh:

He's no Pac but to say no substance is ridiculous

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
I don't believe that Biggie and Pac wasn't stopping the big major shifts that occurred in the game that led to where Hip-Hop is right now. There's a lot of shyt that happened in the game that Big and Pac would've had 0 control over. The landscape still would've changed IMO.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Shyne's albums aren't better, he isn't a better rapper. Drake is more talented and has a better ear for making music. Your opinions are just your opinions all of Drake's projects are more acclaimed than Shyne's shyt there's a reason for that.

Pretend you listen to Shyne like that to shyt on Drake, brehs. :mjlol:

In 1996 Jay had just dropped his debut stop sidestepping of course he was hotter. I just told you Jay sold Diamond off Volume 2 more than any Tupac album, I'm not counting post-humous sales because his death of course led to people copping his catalog. Could you imagine had Jay died after The Black Album?

Extrapolating Jay's career to the same amount that Pac rapped, Hov had more hits. I just told you Jay has industry power, Jay's his own man, Pac was getting extorted by Death Row. Jay is corporate, Tupac would not be more commercially dominant in 2015.

It's not politics, it's opinion they asked Nas who he's been listening to lately. He said Scarface and Drake. Bun B genuinely feels Drake always shows him love in Houston and has done several songs with him. Slum Village and Little Brother co-signed and worked with Drake before he was even signed.

I don't know how you can listed to Jungle and call it soulless :mjlol:

Drake's music does have substance though...

S.T.R.E.S.S. is about growing up mixed-raced in Toronto, being called the n-word

Look What You've Done is a tribute to his deceased grandmother

The Resistance is about being true to yourself and not letting fame change you

The Calm is about his relationship with his father who lives in Memphis and wasn't prominent in his life because of his parents divorce

Had a song with Snoop discussing gun violence

I guess you can't relate to losing a loved one, experiencing racism, not having a father, relationships with women/friends, etc.

:heh:

He's no Pac but to say no substance is ridiculous

I don't really see the reason in going back and forth lol, you saying Drake's are better, I'm saying Shyne's. We not really getting anywhere, but to most real motherfukkers Shyne's is better.

Lol at acclaim, I notice you do that a lot, that doesn't mean anything in Hip Hop what pop artists these magazines say.

I've made numerous posts about Shyne on here, I'm a Shyne fan, his shyt now is dope, people are hypocritical.

Lol at not counting Pac's album sales to suit your argument lol...

Didn't Nas co sign Iggy Azalea recently? I guess she's great too then lmao. It IS politics by the way.

I can't relate to corny bullshyt artists no. I guess you can lol.

Drake isn't a top 100 artist, not top 1000.

Anyway, let's compare him, is he better than any of these MC's...

Rakim, KRS-One, Nas, Jay Z, Biggie, Big Pun? Etc....

I await your answer.