Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 4 - revealed

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
True. Budokai was better

Budokai Tenkaichi problem with me was that the fights became to formulaic. Punch, Punch, sway, punch, punch. Every fight I got a perfect.
You might not have been fighting real opposition then, because Tenkaichi's formula was pretty technical and is still very unique. It was a permanent game of reflexes and quick guesses and decisions that managed to perfectly fit the anime's spirit.

The best way to start a damaging combo was ending its first entry with a smash, which could be directionally oriented. Just that part added a lot of depth, because you always had a chance to reverse your opponent's upperhand by directionally blocking his smash and gave you priority. On top of that, you had the teleportation that could be used offensively or defensively, the dragon rush that opened up even longer combo strings, the numerous special attacks and techniques every single character had...

And it could get pretty fukking deep. I remember how even intermediate players did not know how many openings the simple head nod could open...

It was an easy series to handle for casuals and it stayed very enjoyable for more experienced players (if you played against humans).

And to this day, the fighting system is the closest players ever got to feel like the anime/manga.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
'Bout to hop in the hyperbolic time chamber and get right.

NyLR7W.gif

:mjgrin:

Daps
I'm hyped, but I'm praying SPIKE isn't the one making it. I'm disappointed surprised that Bandai and/or Shueisha still wanted them after Jump Force.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Yea i have no interest in this lol. Tenkahichi is amazing visually but it's no different then xenoverse honestly gameplay wise.
Guess we wont get a proper DBFZ sequel for another 3 years or so. At least the original has rollback now.