Essential Dragonball Super? New series set after Majin Buu saga

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
So you didn't think the progression with the Zero Mortals plan and the momentary bleakness of Trunks's timeline was deeper than anything DBZ got close to approaching? I mean outside of Gohan's progression in the Cell saga, I don't know what really gets close here
calling it 'zero mortals plan' isn't any different than saying "i'm gonna kill everyone". this ain't the anti-life equation or anything

it was long-winded, convoluted, and stupid

and worst of all, it had absolutely no relevance or long-term effects worth the trouble

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
calling it 'zero mortals plan' isn't any different than saying "i'm gonna kill everyone". this ain't the anti-life equation or anything

it was long-winded, convoluted, and stupid

and worst of all, it had absolutely no relevance or long-term effects worth the trouble
You just essentially summarized every villains end result in Dragon Ball Z bro :russ:

Saiyans - take over earth nope
Frieza - immortality, ruler of the universe nope
Cell - gets destroyed, Goku gets wished to life, androids brought back to life, Trunks timeline is saved
Buu - destroyed, everyone wished back

No villain in the history of the series has ever actually done anything of negative value but Zumasu has clearly been the most impactful in his goal, as he has wiped an entire timeline. And who's to say he's failed yet, the theory of choice currently is that the Grand Priest is operating under very similar beliefs as Zamasu did. We might still be in the Zero Mortals plan, or at least a revision of it :yeshrug:

Smashius Clay

The Millennium Brotha I Be
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Perpetual World Traveler
nikkas talking about "i just want writing that isnt a slap to the face" lol. Its a cartoon. relax.
It can be done. Adventure Time, Regular Show, Rick and Morty, shyt even Sponge Bob.

These people are eating well off of DB the least they can do is actually try and make this shyt make sense.

With that said, see y'all next week.

Last edited:

Roxx the King

www.RoxxAlott.com
Daps
Reppin
Norfolk, VA
If it's a cartoon then why do other cartoons(Anime to be precise) make sense? Why do they bother explaining and emphasize things then if it's cartoon?
Hey I get it. I love the show too. Maybe it would be better if they cared more. But at the end of the day, we know what we are watching and what to expect at this point. Dragonball is a brand at this point, and part of that brand unfortunately are loose storylines and a generally light hearted approach to story telling. It has never been a George RR Martin piece of work. Why expect it at this stage and then complain about it? Just enjoy breh.

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
Hey I get it. I love the show too. Maybe it would be better if they cared more. But at the end of the day, we know what we are watching and what to expect at this point. Dragonball is a brand at this point, and part of that brand unfortunately are loose storylines and a generally light hearted approach to story telling. It has never been a George RR Martin piece of work. Why expect it at this stage and then complain about it? Just enjoy breh.
That's what I said to a poster earlier it's best to just switch our brains off while watching DBS and hope that the manga does some sort of justice.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
THEY DID IT!!!!!!

1455733992_poster-921973.jpg

(Dragon Ball Super Has Crossed 100 Episodes. The series has now crossed over 600 Total Episodes between DB, DBZ, DBGT & DBS since 1986.)

the-legendary-super-sayan-from-freepik-es_1106565.jpg
20150626180303hhMBAsPd.jpg

(Broly Reborn: Kale has many qualities of Legendary Super Saiyan Broly)

Man, Man, Man. Well first let me say Congrats to the Team at Toei for crossing the Century Mark. I remember there was rumors the show would end by 100 but it's still going. It's been a wild ride these last 2 years but I'm glad the show is back. Has it been perfect? Of course not but I feel all the arcs outside of the first 2 were solid and introduced new characters and situations. Beerus and Whis are definitely amazing entries into the Franchise. Zamasu/Goku Black was a very cool and unique arc. Hit is definitely becoming one of my faves. I think the show can continue for another 100 Episodes now that so many Universes and new Characters have been introduced. I don't think it will get as high as Z but I think it can go as long as the first DB series which was over 150 Episodes. Now the Saiyan Girls definitely got some shine in the last two Episodes. Caulifla and Kale are showing they are both not only pretty but powerful.

Now if your wondering where I stand on "Is Broly Canon or Not". The fact is this, he's much more Canon today than he was before Kale. She literally is just Broly reincarnated. From being obsessed with Goku to Uncontrollable power. They even used several of homage shots that tie directly to the original Broly movie. Now technically yes, he still does only exists in the Movies but Kale outside of being a female and where she is from has so many similarities to Broly. Now yes the powerscaling was a little all over the place with the girls but I don't think they are going to have draw out transformations for new characters. It was much more emotional when we saw original Z Fighters transformed and powered up different power levels. These new characters, they don't have the time for that type of development. I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying I understand why these new Saiyans are being presented this way.

As for the Tournament, it's interesting but again when you are dealing with like over 50 Characters, there's only so much you can show at one time. This is why I last said I was cool with showing us "Sections" of the battle. I think with more characters getting knocked out, we can have even more focused fights. LOL @ the Pride Troppers getting bodied. That's what they get for acting like Ginyu Squad, lol. Look we all know Jiren is a beast, the way he shut down Kale was pretty dope. As for Goku being too playful, look I think he gets a kick out of Caulifla and Kale. Also if Kale is a Legendary Super Saiyan, why shouldn't she be able to go against Blue Goku? I think Broly could see Blue Goku as well, that's how strong he was in the movies. Vegeta even made a comment like, "Watch out, that might be the True Saiyan Form". Overall I think the tournament will be more focused once it gets down to less characters. LOL @ Next Week verse the "Vampire Hunters" Crew. Vegeta looks like he's getting that work from Big Girl too.

11335491_1637446809833303_1213105172_n.jpg

(Dragon Ball Super has surpassed GT as the 3rd Longest Running Dragon Ball Series)

Last edited:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
nikkas talking about "i just want writing that isnt a slap to the face" lol. Its a cartoon. relax.

It's up to toriyama to hire writers worth a shyt that can actually write a great story arc and address these issues... I'm sure he's highly aware of the bullshyt....:manny:

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
why put so much emphasized on the stage and have that shyt breaking every episode though:why:
The more I think about it the more I appreciate the chunin exam arc in Naruto and how well they pulled that off.

The tournament of power should have been some battle world type shyt with different terrain, climates, conditions, etc consisting of 4-5 man teams in a survivor battle royal type scenario.

Not this 10 man cluster fukk...

R.U.L.E.

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Maven/MPire Records
As someone else said, this tournament has been pretty wack so far. The episodes leading up to it were dope (Gohan training, Artificial Human 17 stuff etc) but so far the Black arc is the best minus the Trunks USSJ2 stuff.

I still watch episode 56 once a week :francis:

Malik1time

What you looking at?
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Thats every DBZ forum/thread on the internet.

Everyone has been showing out except Godhan and Piccolo.

Tien and Roshi combo

18 getting her hands dirty.

Good stuff.
You mean flabhan:mjlol:Gohan is being put in the escrow account until further notice:francis: we'll wait and see what he does