Essential Dragonball Super? New series set after Majin Buu saga

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
At the end of the day, Dragon Ball's not a series with much subtext, if any, and Toriyama wasn't one to plan stuff out. If Goku really was strong enough to beat Cell, he would've said it.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
i say that cause that's how goku has always been written...he never goes full strength until he has to...and then it's shown that his full strength is always just enough to win...in this case, with cell, they dont show it, but it's implied...how else would he know how strong gohan had to get to beat cell?...he does cause that's how they always write his character....the only difference this time was they didnt want him to be the savior, they wanted gohan to be the savior and take over....
He doesn't "know" definitively how strong Gohan had to be to defeat Cell..he just knew that Gohan's hidden strength was really fukking strong and would more than likely be enough to beat Cell, or anybody in the universe [that he knew of obviously lol]. It's confidence based off of what he sees, not concrete mathematical shyt.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
i say that cause that's how goku has always been written...he never goes full strength until he has to...and then it's shown that his full strength is always just enough to win...in this case, with cell, they dont show it, but it's implied...how else would he know how strong gohan had to get to beat cell?...he does cause that's how they always write his character....the only difference this time was they didnt want him to be the savior, they wanted gohan to be the savior and take over....

I get whar ur saying I do just not in this case I agree or see it cuz when he does it results usually show but didn't in cell case
Vegeta v goku part 2 hid ssj3

Hell In super jacked up power scale recruiting teammates he fighting krillin in blue form for Christ sake and other people in universes not.in full power getting knocked around then powers ups on some kkx10 ssjb

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The manga never hints that Goku was stronger. You're talking as if Goku and Cell were at a stand still and he was about to put Cell away, then changed his mind. No. He was losing. Piccolo pointed out how much his Ki was dropping rapidly while he tried to keep up, Trunks was contemplating helping him out. Vegeta pointed out that if it kept going like this, Goku would die. Goku knew his time was up and tagged Gohan in.

And like twan said, Cell didn't use all of his power against Goku anyway, because he powered up after Gohan went SSJ2. So if Goku was struggling against Cell when he wasn't even using all of power anyway...I mean it's clear he had no chance.

the manga does hint at it..that's how goku knew how strong gohan had to be to beat cell...when ole boy says cell is a lil stronger, goku says i knew it, which goes along with him being a fighting genius...at that point, he knew exactly how strong gohan had to be to beat cell, which was ss2....so how would he know that if he couldnt reach the level himself?...hoping and wishing has never been how goku was written....

now, why the manga didnt show him do it is cause they were passing the reigns to gohan....showing goku reach the level wouldve defeated that purpose....

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If im.understanding u right ur saying the creator is implying this in subtle hints in your view of goku being stronger but the anime and manga won't flat out state it cuz of passing the torch

yes, that's all i've been saying...it is hinted at it in the manga, but wont flat out state it cause of the plot they were going with which was gohan taking over....

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
At the end of the day, Dragon Ball's not a series with much subtext, if any, and Toriyama wasn't one to plan stuff out. If Goku really was strong enough to beat Cell, he would've said it.

true lol....think he would have if he didnt have other plans, which he was blatantly showing...

anyway, nice shooting the shyt with you and @twan83 ....i always enjoy good convos with others that dig shyt like me....

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
Realistically Vegeta is stronger than Goku if you compare them with the same forms.
Vegeta's SSJ, SSJ2, and SSJB are stronger than Goku's but Goku has better techniques that amplify his power.

This is all currently of course.
:laff: what the hell are you talking about

Goku perfected ssj in the time chamber and was stronger than Vegeta.

Vegeta cheated to go ssj2 so how was he stronger than Goku who could go ssj3 at the time?

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Airtrack360

Dragon Ball 405 - Read Dragon Ball 405 Online - Page 3
Cell.admitting that goku was right gohan power level was higher than goku but not enough to beat him

That's not what you linked me says or any of the other versions that i've seen. During the whole 20 mins that they fought Cell didn't break a sweat and Gohan couldn't touch him. Cell was visually fatigued after Goku's fight and you could see that it took a lot out of him.

Vegeta cheated to go ssj2 so how was he stronger than Goku who could go ssj3 at the time?
Read the last sentence... I said currently.

I'm not picking and choosing different times in DBZ.

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
Lmao y'all gotta learn to stop responding to people after a while in a argument or whatever.

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps

Vegeta unlocked ssj2 during the time skip please get your facts right.