Essential Dragonball Super? New series set after Majin Buu saga

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And I don't think Goku "forgot" how evil Frieza is, he just got too comfortable like always and wasn't even thinking about it.

Yeah, and he probably figured he could "stop" him at any point also. But now that Frieza is as strong if not stronger than goku and can keep up his new transformation that's a real problem. Even when he got Ko'd he was still gold altho goku had changed back.

ThatTruth777

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hell I forgot how evil Frieza was, I remember coming back from school and watching it on Toonami and just being like :lupe: with a pit in my stomach like cod damn Frieza been whooping their ass for 3 months now.. when is it gonna get better :sadcam:

Now to see him swagging out but with a sinister edge to it, if they can replicate what they had in the Namek saga Freiza will truly be the GOAT :wow:

Last edited:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
The mental training part isn't an issue. They've been doing that for a while. Him being in Hell doing it is what's tripping me out.

No I'm talking the demonic I'm about to vaporize you murder your whole clan look on beerus as he goes behind frieza... :merchant:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This episode just reinforced my reasoning for wanting Cell instead of Frieza again.

Frieza mastering his Golden Form while he was dead and imprisoned makes no sense. It's like he knew he would get a 5th shot at coming back and trying again, which I don't blame him for thinking that sense he's already died 4 times and came back to life so why not a 5th?
It makes plenty of sense, he didn't really improve physically or strength wise. His endurance did because he's literally being tortured in hell and mentally he worked on focusing his enegry on killing goku. basically he should be great against fighting goku now.

Frieza only bosses on dudes he vastly out-powers, but cries like a baby when he's challenged and doesn't get his way. Same as always, we know how this story ends. We spent that last 15 episodes getting a team that works well together just to say fukk it and put Frieza on the roster.
1st part I agree with but imo its part of his charm, the situation right now is one of those "The ends justify the means" frieza is both there best chance and worst chance at surviving right now.

They're putting nostalgia ahead of good storytelling. The whole Goku Black arc was just to bring Future Trunks back and then he left just as fast as he came. The whole story really didn't make any sense and the ending felt awkward as hell like the writers didn't think that far ahead when they came up with the idea. Future Trunk's timeline should have been destroyed and he should have died saving the current one. That way the loop would be closed and we wouldn't have some other random timeline flouting around out there.

They could have taken their time with the return of Frieza and gave him a proper arc, but instead they just retold the movie.

I get why the Frieza animation is so good because Frieza is their promo villain so they make sure its well done so they can show it off in ads.

This whole arc is getting convoluted and the addition of Frieza is unnecessary and isn't helping. The writers really screwed up when its the beginning of the tournament and your not even rooting for the home team anymore.
Time travel is always weird basically

Future trunks timeline was destroyed and they are living in another time line where they killed zama before he turns rouge (minority report) There are plenty of time lines floating around the one that the original FT came from is gone now tho.

I'm a huge frieza fan, but I didn't want to see just another typical fight between goku and frieza...this is MUCH more interesting, and could lead to all kind of stuff. In the end goku and frieza will fight because he wants nothing more than to kill goku.

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Krillin and Gohan did the same on their way to namek in DBZ

Hell, piccolo does it all the time lol
That cool and all but how does training your mind increase your physical stamina? That was a straight ass pull by the writers. The thing about Frieza replaying all the different ways to defeat Goku in his head made sense if he was increasing his fighting technique but I don't understand how that made him be able to stay in gold form longer. If Frieza was in hell IN golden form in the coc00n focusing the whole time, then it would have made sense for him to figure out how to be in the form for longer periods of time, but he was in his final form during the whole time.