Essential Dragonball Super? New series set after Majin Buu saga

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That cool and all but how does training your mind increase your physical stamina? That was a straight ass pull by the writers. The thing about Frieza replaying all the different ways to defeat Goku in his head made sense if he was increasing his fighting technique but I don't understand how that made him be able to stay in gold form longer. If Frieza was in hell IN golden form in the coc00n focusing the whole time, then it would have made sense for him to figure out how to be in the form for longer periods of time, but he was in his final form during the whole time.

I don't think frieza increased in physical strength, he was stronger than goku blue even when they fought the 1st time, he just burned through his ki. So him being tortured in hell and mentally training himself for his next battle with goku would really only allow him to manage his Ki more than anything else. His Ki/energy control should be through the roof and we kind of saw that with how he handled that god ki. He escaped, controlled and reused it.

Everything else was just frieza being frieza.

A huge part of characters getting "stronger" is Ki control and growth which doesn't seem to take much physical training but more time and mental training. Vegeta literally didn't go god mode until he learned how to control his ki.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
That cool and all but how does training your mind increase your physical stamina? That was a straight ass pull by the writers. The thing about Frieza replaying all the different ways to defeat Goku in his head made sense if he was increasing his fighting technique but I don't understand how that made him be able to stay in gold form longer. If Frieza was in hell IN golden form in the coc00n focusing the whole time, then it would have made sense for him to figure out how to be in the form for longer periods of time, but he was in his final form during the whole time.

The way I took it was that his stamina itself didn't increase, it's just that he has better control and doesn't waste so much energy now and thus doesn't burn through it as fast.

Kind of like jogging vs sprinting. If you learn how to jog and pace yourself well, you can keep going for a much longer distance than if all you did was sprint.

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think frieza increased in physical strength, he was stronger than goku blue even when they fought the 1st time, he just burned through his ki. So him being tortured in hell and mentally training himself for his next battle with goku would really only allow him to manage his Ki more than anything else. His Ki/energy control should be through the roof and we kind of saw that with how he handled that god ki. He escaped, controlled and reused it.

Everything else was just frieza being frieza.

A huge part of characters getting "stronger" is Ki control and growth which doesn't seem to take much physical training but more time and mental training. Vegeta literally didn't go god mode until he learned how to control his ki.
The way I took it was that his stamina itself didn't increase, it's just that he has better control and doesn't waste so much energy now and thus doesn't burn through it as fast.

Kind of like jogging vs sprinting. If you learn how to jog and pace yourself well, you can keep going for a much longer distance than if all you did was sprint.

Frieza would have needed physical conditioning to do what he did though. It's almost exactly what Goku and Gohan did when they went in the Time Chamber and stayed SSJ in order to decrease how much Ki it takes and energy it dissipates.

Like I said though if Frieza was in hell this whole time in Golden Form then it would have made sense but he wasn't.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
I don't think it was ever meant to follow the anime. AT gave both writers a loose storyline and allowed them to fill in the material as they saw fit. The manga has done a better job to me atleast with the story and power scaling. It made no sense for Goku to be stronger than Vegeta at any point in the anime until ssbkk. In the manga it was structured better and paced to make more sense that he only surpassed him last chapter with containing God ki in his body. They did Trunks power better too.

Like dude said though, the tournament is going to be really interesting in the manga. There's no telling who it will differ. They better keep Frieza though.
:ufdup:
The way they seem to cape for the villains, Frieza will probably curb stomp Goku

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Honestly, I hope Goku and Vegeta are the first people knocked out of the ring, especially since we've seen enough of them anyway. The fan rage would be :banderas:

Personally I'd rather see more focus on the other fighters, not too interested in another hair color change.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Honestly, I hope Goku and Vegeta are the first people knocked out of the ring, especially since we've seen enough of them anyway. The fan rage would be :banderas:

Personally I'd rather see more focus on the other fighters, not too interested in another hair color change.
I feel like at this point one of the last people standing will be frieza, I hope the z fighters actually make it pretty far.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
dont know where yall nikkas getting he masted gold form from

You havent been paying attention to what happened last time in Ressurection of F movie?!:dahell: Frieza was a problem when he came back and now that he has mastered this gold form it's becoming a problem... I mean Frieza of all people with godlike powers is a fukkING PROBLEM...:damn:

Kid Bu

Pro
Daps
tumblr_orq0bzwij91ujn35ko1_400.gif

:whoo::merchant:

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
dont know where yall nikkas getting he masted gold form from
His mental training in hell helped him gain better control ove rhis Ki, which was the big weakness of the Golden Form.

It's a concept that might fly over the heads of Western fans though, because over in Japan they're more clued into the all encompassing spiritual aspects of Ki and shi.