Essential Dragonball Super? New series set after Majin Buu saga

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Yeah I loved the animation these last few episodes cause they looked so good, this team must be fukking top notch...:ohlawd: Why when super first started everyone looked horrible...:scust:
The show basically had no pre-production, as Toei rushed it out so they could get the timeslot filled. Your average anime episode usually gets about 6-8 weeks of production work, while DBS episodes up until around the Black arc were barely getting 4. And because of that hellish schedule they weren't getting a lot of talented staff to work on it and the few good ones they had just didn't have enough time to contribute at their usual standards.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
The show basically had no pre-production, as Toei rushed it out so they could get the timeslot filled. Your average anime episode usually gets about 6-8 weeks of production work, while DBS episodes up until around the Black arc were barely getting 4. And because of that hellish schedule they weren't getting a lot of talented staff to work on it and the few good ones they had just didn't have enough time to contribute at their usual standards.

:ehh: he should have went in with the right squad from jump...:ufdup:

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Early

DCmOB6tVYAEKwoX

Now

DCmOCdzUwAEuW7G

Side note: Base Goku is incredibly strong now. He probably didn't need to transform to SSB in 90% of the fights since the Goku Black Arc.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:wow:

Freeza stole the show... someone give him an Oscar and a pay raise. Freeza just reminded everyone why he's the best villain in all of Dragon Ball. Freeza returning yet again is like one of the best things to happen in Super so far.

People wants Cell back :hhh:

I was scared after he tried to bargain with U9, I really figured he would switch teams. But, as he himself said, the tournament is a perfect opportunity to manipulate the gods

It's going to be interesting to see what he does at the tournament. :lupe:

Prodigital

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Episode was straight piff! :blessed:

Why / how Goku took a ki blast from a god of destruction in base form, I think this is inching more and more toward Mystic Goku. Just like in the opening how he cuts through his kaokin to base form while fighting jiren.

Speaking off, you can tell jiren is a fukking beast by the fact that none of his training required any fighting. This nikka sitting in the middle of empty space, looking at sunsets and shyt.. ain't no telling how much he doesnt fukk around.

But back to freiza hitting Goku with the swag sauce throughout the episode.. there seems to be two reason why villains get murked in dragon ball. One of them is just lack of endurance (resurrection f arc), the other is being overpowered by ki attacks (buu arc). Ain't nobody ki blasting Frieza no more. I'm putting bread down that he joins universe nine and we get a proper Vegeta vs finish to his saga. Now at the same time, we know goku has more power so whis is bullshytting. He can go at least 10 more that, but it's nice to see these dudes square off in a honorary fashion. And we know goku knows what it takes to beat a god stronger than beerus, the vegito arc would've ended fast if they weren't fighting immortal fused zamasu, so saying that they are matched really is an extreme nod to just how much frieze leveled up.

We in for s good tournament brehs, this shyt could low-key be it's own bluray box set, yet we getting it for free, amazing :banderas:

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
He's dangerously naive....which he's always been, but now shyt is just ridiculous. Motherfukker literally said he forgot how evil Frieza was, like he didn't destroy earth the last time they faced off. He left Frieza hold that god of destruction energy then turned his back on him. Then after all that shyt he basically asks Frieza to promise to drop his grudge against him :dead:

Goku is just too stupid to live at this point, he gotta go :camby:
I blame it on this dumbass writing

dakidblu

We Out Here!
Daps
Suprised he said goku and freiza are equals with him knowing goku has kaioken in his bag. Maybe he just meant golden frieza vs ssb goku without kaoiken is even. And even then i bet goku was still holding back. He said in the preview now i can use my true power.

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
This episode just reinforced my reasoning for wanting Cell instead of Frieza again.

Frieza mastering his Golden Form while he was dead and imprisoned makes no sense. It's like he knew he would get a 5th shot at coming back and trying again, which I don't blame him for thinking that sense he's already died 4 times and came back to life so why not a 5th?

Frieza only bosses on dudes he vastly out-powers, but cries like a baby when he's challenged and doesn't get his way. Same as always, we know how this story ends. We spent that last 15 episodes getting a team that works well together just to say fukk it and put Frieza on the roster.

They're putting nostalgia ahead of good storytelling. The whole Goku Black arc was just to bring Future Trunks back and then he left just as fast as he came. The whole story really didn't make any sense and the ending felt awkward as hell like the writers didn't think that far ahead when they came up with the idea. Future Trunk's timeline should have been destroyed and he should have died saving the current one. That way the loop would be closed and we wouldn't have some other random timeline flouting around out there.

They could have taken their time with the return of Frieza and gave him a proper arc, but instead they just retold the movie.

I get why the Frieza animation is so good because Frieza is their promo villain so they make sure its well done so they can show it off in ads.

This whole arc is getting convoluted and the addition of Frieza is unnecessary and isn't helping. The writers really screwed up when its the beginning of the tournament and
your not even rooting for the home team anymore.

Hope that Cell enters the tournament in the Manga.

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
Frieza getting stronger is Hell is some bullshyt. But whatever, I liked the episode.

I noticed Goku never transformed while stuck in the God energy. I can't imagine Frieza's stronger than Goku or Vegeta even with all that "concentration".

Frieza a damn demon tho, he makes much more sense than Cell. I'm not even sure Cell's power can grow without absorbing people.

They really need to speed up the dub. I haven't watched it once since they're so far behind. I'd rather watch this in English tbh.
He has Saiyan Cells breh he could get as strong as Goku and Vegeta