Essential Dragonball Super? New series set after Majin Buu saga

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The point of them teaming up was to save Gohan from Radtiz. Goku dying was unexpected and what happen in the process of the battle. He was sacrificing himself as he did with Cell. Sure Piccolo obviously was fine with the outcome in the end but that wasn't the mission nor goal of the situation. Goku's death from Piccolo was basically symbolism for Goku bursting through King's Piccolo's chest killing him which birthed Piccolo to being with. (This is why the beam went through Goku's chest to bring it full circle.)

:dahell:

nikka, what show were you watching? Piccolo didn't give a fukk about Rescuing Gohan at that point. Piccolo just wanted to take out Raditz to get some payback and keep him from taking over the earth (which is what Piccolo wanted to do). In fact wasn't Piccolo on some "Once we finish with him yo ass is next goku" type shyt? Goku dying wasn't planned, but it wasn't an accident either.

Piccolo took Gohan because he viewed him as a potential weapon to use against Vegeta and Nappa. It wasn't until halfway through their training that Piccolo actually started to give a damn about Gohan as a person.

Then we got the GOAT DBZ sacrifice moment :sadbron:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Beyond Mystic? Wonder what that could be and how are they going to do it in less than 2 days? :jbhmm:

Just beat Gohan within an inch of his life......They never talk anymore about Saiyan's strength doubling after a near death experience, this might be a good time to bring that back up.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
The point of them teaming up was to save Gohan from Radtiz. Goku dying was unexpected and what happen in the process of the battle. He was sacrificing himself as he did with Cell. Sure Piccolo obviously was fine with the outcome in the end but that wasn't the mission nor goal of the situation. Goku's death from Piccolo was basically symbolism for Goku bursting through King's Piccolo's chest killing him which birthed Piccolo to being with. (This is why the beam went through Goku's chest to bring it full circle.)

And it was therapy for Piccolo.

Goku killed his pops, that was one of the core reasons he hated him, but when Piccolo got to return the favor, albeit in much different circumstances, it basically squared them up.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps

nikka, what show were you watching? Piccolo didn't give a fukk about Rescuing Gohan at that point. Piccolo just wanted to take out Raditz to get some payback and keep him from taking over the earth (which is what Piccolo wanted to do). In fact wasn't Piccolo on some "Once we finish with him yo ass is next goku" type shyt? Goku dying wasn't planned, but it wasn't an accident either.

Piccolo took Gohan because he viewed him as a potential weapon to use against Vegeta and Nappa. It wasn't until halfway through their training that Piccolo actually started to give a damn about Gohan as a person.

I watched DBz first and this is still one of the most touching moments in the series.

I saw it a few years ago when Kai was running and it didn't feel the same.

Piccolo and Tien were my favorites during that saga. Loved Gohan through the training and the movies.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City

The point of Goku agreeing to go with Piccolo was to rescue his son. During the Raditz fight, Piccolo was not trying to Kill Goku because they both fought him together. Also he shot the Beam twice, the first time was just straight up to Raditz. So again Piccolo motivation was about Raditz period. This idea that he want into that battle with the goal of Goku dying just isn't true. "Accident" just means something unexpected happening which is exactly what occured with Goku sacrificing himself. I think some of you thinking of it more of "Opps, I didn't mean to shoot Goku" when my comment was more about Piccolo's overall "Intent" which was more about Raditz. Goku dying at that moment was like two birds/one stone for Piccolo. Plus Piccolo knew in the back of his mind Goku could wished back.

And it was therapy for Piccolo.

Goku killed his pops, that was one of the core reasons he hated him, but when Piccolo got to return the favor, albeit in much different circumstances, it basically squared them up.

Basically, it worked out as far as symbolism because of what Goku did to King Piccolo but the way it all happen is why I don't view it as intentional as much as circumstance of the battle. In the end he got his revenge by default. Had they both survived, would they have eventually fought after? Most likely as Goku loves the challenge and Piccolo stated they would still be beefin but at that moment again that wasn't the goal, it was all about Raditz.

Last edited:

Sypress

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
seeing mystic gohan back gives me some faith Gohan wont be such a scrub in DBS :ehh:

I dont know if anyone else noticed but Gohan eating that dinosaur tail is a throw back to the original DBZ when piccolo was training Gohan as a child:obama:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
seeing mystic gohan back gives me some faith Gohan wont be such a scrub in DBS :ehh:

I dont know if anyone else noticed but Gohan eating that dinosaur tail is a throw back to the original DBZ when piccolo was training Gohan as a child:obama:
Top 3 super episode...

MIKE SPLEAN

Superstar
Daps

:ohhh:

Theabbot

#DemBootymeats
Daps
Reppin
Duuuuuvaaaaal!!
Just beat Gohan within an inch of his life......They never talk anymore about Saiyan's strength doubling after a near death experience, this might be a good time to bring that back up.
Yeah would be nice if they addressed this. If so Goku should got a massive power up from his battle with Hit.

lepard

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah would be nice if they addressed this. If so Goku should got a massive power up from his battle with Hit.

I thought they did address it:

No more Zenkai boosts - all the Saiyans are above a power level that it does not give the same power up.

ReasonableMatic

Daps
spoilers have appeared...our suffering has been lifted

My nikka Piccolo created a monster :wow:
6b51fd17c317ed8f5e48bf3fa5152ed966312484_hq.jpg

It took a real nikka to get it done :salute: