Essential Dragonball Super? New series set after Majin Buu saga

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
As a bigger fan of the Original Dragon Ball series, Goku seems to be acting normal here.

DBZ is what switched up (for the better most people would say) his image. He's always been a buffoon.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Who Has Vegeta Ever Beat, Movie or Show? :jbhmm:
kills2.jpg

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Goku hasn't really changed the more that i think about it. Goku sees the world in Black and White. Your either good or evil, a friend or an enemy.

He was the same way in DBZ. Go back and watch the Cell and Buu saga. You can't tell me Goku wasn't making dumb comments and decisions throughout those saga's also.

We've yet to see a real big bad on the scale of frieza or cell yet in super. You could argue Goku Black and Zamasu but that was some other timeline threat which would eventually became a threat to the current timeline but it never really got to that point.

Goku gets serious when he is confronted with a direct threat. It's not happening now as much as it did in the previous sagas. Also the threats were more personal in Z because Goku and his friends were being targeted directly. Now its just a generalized threat to a universe or timeline or whatever.

It's not changing anytime soon especially in a tournament setting. This is where the happy go lucky Goku thrives because its all just a game to him. Even with the threat of the Universes being erased Goku doesn't think that will happen because the God is his friend.

I also think the more grounded Vegeta also makes Goku look even more dumbed down.

As far as this arc goes, im glad that we can finally see the hierarchy of power which seems very ripe for corruption. Whether or not goku will have to climb that ladder or just be a tool to help preserve it will be interesting.
It's been kinda forshadowed that Goku and Vegeta can eventually get to God of Destruction levels of power and I could see the other Gods and even maybe Angels revolting. I know some people thought beerus would probably turn into an enemy one day but judging from the other Gods of Destruction I think hes gonna stay on our side.

I think there needs to be a bad guy though. Tournaments are fun but a legit bad guy would make the story feel more impactful. Cell's tournament was perfect.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Goku hasn't really changed the more that i think about it. Goku sees the world in Black and White. Your either good or evil, a friend or an enemy.

He was the same way in DBZ. Go back and watch the Cell and Buu saga. You can't tell me Goku wasn't making dumb comments and decisions throughout those saga's also.

We've yet to see a real big bad on the scale of frieza or cell yet in super. You could argue Goku Black and Zamasu but that was some other timeline threat which would eventually became a threat to the current timeline but it never really got to that point.

Goku gets serious when he is confronted with a direct threat. It's not happening now as much as it did in the previous sagas. Also the threats were more personal in Z because Goku and his friends were being targeted directly. Now its just a generalized threat to a universe or timeline or whatever.

It's not changing anytime soon especially in a tournament setting. This is where the happy go lucky Goku thrives because its all just a game to him. Even with the threat of the Universes being erased Goku doesn't think that will happen because the God is his friend.

I also think the more grounded Vegeta also makes Goku look even more dumbed down.

As far as this arc goes, im glad that we can finally see the hierarchy of power which seems very ripe for corruption. Whether or not goku will have to climb that ladder or just be a tool to help preserve it will be interesting.
It's been kinda forshadowed that Goku and Vegeta can eventually get to God of Destruction levels of power and I could see the other Gods and even maybe Angels revolting. I know some people thought beerus would probably turn into an enemy one day but judging from the other Gods of Destruction I think hes gonna stay on our side.

I think there needs to be a bad guy though. Tournaments are fun but a legit bad guy would make the story feel more impactful. Cell's tournament was perfect.

Be some shyt a god of destruction sees his universe losing and interferes and erases the other teams competition completely :mjgrin: