Essential Dragonball Super? New series set after Majin Buu saga

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
I haven't watched a single brolly movie but your acting as if they couldn't flesh him out in a TV series. Personally my favorite db villain of all time is cooler.

To your other point, every db villain is the same. They all basically want to kill goku, his friends, or earth. I don't think a single one has a complex story for their evil.
But Broly doesn't even have a personality after Movie 8. He's just some roided up nikka yelling "KAKAROT!" all the time.

Jparker

Innocence lost in the EAST
Daps
Reppin
Durham,NC
I realize what's wrong with Super as opposed to Dbz... it's too much Goku and Vegetaband literally nothing from anyone else. Z did a great job of showcasing everyone, thus making Goku and Vegeta more important when on screen. Now it just feels like over kill
At the same time how would you actually bring them into the story line?

Daps
At the same time how would you actually bring them into the story line?

Same way they always did. By doing away with Goku and Vegeta for an episode or 2.

Wouldn't be cool if some how black and zamasu found a way to trap Goku, and Vegeta in the future, then they head back to the past... fukk, they'd just catch the L from Beerus at that point :francis: never mind, Carry on.

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
Brolly might be the most overrated villain of all time. :scust:

Dude has no real backstory, no real motive (Kakarot was crying too loud when we were babies :childplease: ), no personality, no interesting powers (just a Super Saiyan on roids), and no goals other than destroying shyt for no reason.

How could you even have a Brolly arc? The character is too one-dimensional to do anything other than try to destroy everything. I mean, Beerus wants to fight a SSG, Frieza wants revenge on Goku, Champa wants to prove he's better than his brother, and Zamasu/Black think mortals are evil and should be eliminated. Brolly wants....what exactly?
i'm saiyan

that talk is worse than hoping for a gotenks return :sas1:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Janemba should've been canon man a being who's very existence shattered the balance of the universe itself:ohhh:Able to travel through dimension holes to hit you and could create swords out of a can:damn:Cooler should've been canon as well instead of bringing Freeza back originally. Have Trunks and the earth team team up to stop him or have his new form be strong enough that SSJ Goku and SS Trunks had to fight him together :damn:

Jparker

Innocence lost in the EAST
Daps
Reppin
Durham,NC
Same way they always did. By doing away with Goku and Vegeta for an episode or 2.

Wouldn't be cool if some how black and zamasu found a way to trap Goku, and Vegeta in the future, then they head back to the past... fukk, they'd just catch the L from Beerus at that point :francis: never mind, Carry on.
We already know krillin dead :russ: yamcha catching that fade too :dead:

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Janemba should've been canon man a being who's very existence shattered the balance of the universe itself:ohhh:Able to travel through dimension holes to hit you and could create swords out of a can:damn:Cooler should've been canon as well instead of bringing Freeza back originally. Have Trunks and the earth team team up to stop him or have his new form be strong enough that SSJ Goku and SS Trunks had to fight him together :damn:
Yeah I never really liked bringing Frieza back after the decisive end on Namek, which was an important moment for Goku too
bd0iUzC.jpg
(:wow:)
Kinda cheapened that moment even though it made Trunks look legit. Just bring in Cooler, have him power up to his fifth form, and then Trunks slices his bytch ass up

Urbanmiracle

Brooklyn the planet...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn son
Yeah I never really liked bringing Frieza back after the decisive end on Namek, which was an important moment for Goku too
bd0iUzC.jpg
Kinda cheapened that moment even though it made Trunks look legit. Just bring in Cooler, have him power up to his fifth form, and then Trunks slices his bytch ass up

That just dawn on me. At that moment you see the look on his face that he was remorseful that he had to kill Freeza. He probably haven't felt such rage since Piccolo Daioma. The way he looks is just a powerful character moment for sure. The manga was dope

Daps
Reppin
NYC
bd0iUzC.jpg

not sure if toriyama thought this far ahead when he conceived it but mecha freeza kinda foreshadows the technological and biological threat that is to come and sets the stage for the tone of the next saga.

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
Okay, just a few thots:

The beefs are legit about shyt not making sense. My take is that this feels like DB reaching for a new height, while trying to stay in the typical convenient lane. They're showing us the answers to math equations, without showing us the work. Either the explanation is coming in the form of a satisfying payoff, or the writers are gonna spirit bomb their way out of this.

I'm guilty of what Toei was banking on, and that's being happy and willing to watch anything with these characters back in a new series. I got ZERO problem devoting 20 mins of my weekly life to DBS. I can't defend the plot, while only saying I'm entertained, and hoping the payoff is worth the convoluted plot confusion.