Essential Dragonball Super? New series set after Majin Buu saga

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
This episode was dope. My man trunks was going for that android 18 kill, before krillin stepped in the way. Had krillin like :whoa: she's my wife breh.

That nikka zamusa is already getting on my nerves and we just met him.:scusthov:

:patrice: Speaking of Zamusa, I wonder if there's a piccolo situation building up. Maybe him trying to remove the evil in his heart is what creates black.

Last edited:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
How would that put him in Future Trunks' world though since Goku was long dead there?

Not gonna lie, time travel in DB has always confused the hell outta me. Trunks' first trip back made sense... Go back 17 years to save Goku. Even this trip back has me confused because wouldn't he have just traveled back 14 or however many years in his own timeline, taking him back to when he defeated Cell & the Androids?

Well I can explain that logically I think. Trunks could've decided not to go back that far because maybe he wanted to deal with the main group AFTER the Buu dilemma was resolved in their timeline because maybe they had gotten stronger since the time he met them.

JahFocus CS

Get It How You Get It
Daps
Reppin
Republic of New Afrika
Well I can explain that logically I think. Trunks could've decided not to go back that far because maybe he wanted to deal with the main group AFTER the Buu dilemma was resolved in their timeline because maybe they had gotten stronger since the time he met them.

I don't remember how many years back Trunks went for this current trip. You can disregard the 14 years I said before, but my question is basically, however many years he traveled back, why does that not take him that many years back in his own timeline? Everyone else is already dead in his timeline. How does he go back x years and everyone is still alive, like he did for this trip?

If we think of timelines branching off, hypothetically, you should only be able to travel back down your branch or to a point before the two diverged. However, he traveled back and ended up on a completely different branch.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I don't remember how many years back Trunks went for this current trip. You can disregard the 14 years I said before, but my question is basically, however many years he traveled back, why does that not take him that many years back in his own timeline? Everyone else is already dead in his timeline. How does he go back x years and everyone is still alive, like he did for this trip?

If we think of timelines branching off, hypothetically, you should only be able to travel back down your branch or to a point before the two diverged. However, he traveled back and ended up on a completely different branch.

I see what you mean. Yeah the shyt makes no sense now that I think about it :russ:

It's now a Universe Machine, not a Time Machine :ohhh:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Super is the woat. They tried to turn Goku into this complete idiot.. He was nothing like this in Z.
You know this is actually how Goku was in the manga right? Funimation changed the translations of his character to make him more heroic and Supermanish but this Goku you're seeing is who the character is :francis:

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
i dont think db writers are good enough to make a time paradox work like @Rapmastermind wrote :sadcam:

i think they might try to play the split personality card :flabbynsick:

Could be...

I'm still thinking we're just looking at a time loop where this meeting between Goku and Zamasu just now is what eventually inspired Zamasu to create/become Goku Black.

I agree it's hard to pull off and still make sense but Dragon Ball deals with the "Mutiple-Timeline" Theory. Also the point of a Paradox is that it's suppose to not make logical sense but it's somehow connects. It was the same theory kinda of used in "Back to the future II' when Marty went to Alternate Timeline 1985 after Biff got the Almanac. The reason I'm going with the Paradox/Loop theory is Goku, Whis and Beerus probably never see Zamusa if Black doesn't go serching for Trunks in the past. Also the fact they have to use Cell's Timemachine which came because Cell created a new timeline also adds to this Paradox. (Black Comes back, destorys Trunks Timemachine so they have to use one Cell took from Trunks). It's like it's all connected clearly. I agree that Dragon Ball has the most crazy Time Travel Theories than even "Back To The Future".

But there might be a loop going on somewhere here. "Looper" did a great job with the Paradox theory as well. Also Zamasu was clearly taken aback by Goku's power that it made him angry but he secretly admired how strong he was. What makes the Trunks Story so cool is that we are watching mutiple timelines happen at the same time bascailly They are also playing off the Paradox concept by showing how Mai and Trunks relationship happens reguardless of timelines. As far as why did Trunks go to the After Buu timeframe. I think that had to do with fuel so he could only go but so far back in time. We can all now agree Black got the timering and portua ring from These Kaio's but the quesiton is how?

CoNB-rkWYAA1KLu.jpg

Last edited:
Daps
I don't think Goku being child like is bad at all, in DBZ there were actual Threats, like, nikkas stronger than him, he couldn't really goof off. But Now, He's essentially a step below the GODs. There's no threat, so he's just in natural chill mode. Plus, Beerus and Whis's serious demeanor's make's Goku acting like a damn child more legit. Goku was kinda like this in that Broly movie too, until he found out Broly wasn't here for the bullshyt and wanted to run da fade.

I mean, for christ sakes, he's not even going SSj3 much less God form on these nikkas.

EarlyMaridia

All Star
Daps
:mjlol:@ Trunks finding out about 18.

"You killed me in the future B. Pay up. :stopitslime:"

All of this foreshadowing. If Trunks gets the SSB training, I wonder if Black actually does reach Beerus' level.

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
Need to watch the subs before I can fully give my thot since ion know what they sed, though reading body languages and voice tones helped a bit.

Nymbus

Great Value Man™
Supporter
Daps
You know this is actually how Goku was in the manga right? Funimation changed the translations of his character to make him more heroic and Supermanish but this Goku you're seeing is who the character is :francis:
He's way too cheerful to be superman:troll:

Kitsune

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

hes an exaggerated version of himself to the point that he's pretty much a caricature, he was never this bad in Z dub distortions taken into account.