Essential Dragonball Super? New series set after Majin Buu saga

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
LOL @ it taking EVERYONE'S Power for Goku to even get that hit. I can't even give the Z Fighters the W because Broly won on points by taking them all on at the same time, lol. Broly is one of the GOAT Villians, only character to have a Trilogy deciated to him. Even though Broly 2 and Broly 3: Bio Broly weren't as great as part 1 though I loved the Father/Son Kamahama with Goku Gohan and Goten in Broly 2. I love the movie because it's almost as if Broly was turning Super Saiyan God looking back. Outside of I would say Cell, no Villain gave them more work. Yes Freeza bodied the whole race and Majinbu was Godly. But something about Broly that caught them all off guard. I also like the fact he as a baby next to Goku. It's almost as if he's Goku's true opposite.

broly-vs-goku.png

ssj_broly_1.jpg

Brolly is actually a horrible character.

He's strong but that's literally his entire character. What little backstory/motive he has is stupid (he's mad because Goku cried too much when they were newborns :childplease: ) and doesn't even have a personality outside of just yelling "KAKAROT!!!!" and trying to destroy everything. You couldn't have a Brolly Arc because dude is just too one-dimensional to actually have a plot about.

He's like Buu but with less interesting powers (at least Buu had all those forms and was funny sometimes).

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Brolly is actually a horrible character.

He's strong but that's literally his entire character. What little backstory/motive he has is stupid (he's mad because Goku cried too much when they were newborns :childplease: ) and doesn't even have a personality outside of just yelling "KAKAROT!!!!" and trying to destroy everything. You couldn't have a Brolly Arc because dude is just too one-dimensional to actually have a plot about.

He's like Buu but with less interesting powers (at least Buu had all those forms and was funny sometimes).

A Majority of Dragon Ball Films are only an hour long which is like basically 2-3 Episodes. Considering that we still got more backstory for Broly's character than most movie Villians. I agree the Sequels just made him a raving lunatic killing machine. But the first film there was context and I like how it connected to Goku as a baby and King Vegeta. Also the crying may seem trival but it's a symbolic connection to Goku before he's sent to earth. Goten crying was what set off "Broly 2". If Broly actually had a true Arc like the others than maybe we would get even more about him so I don't agree that you couldn't have an arc. I'm actually hoping with all this Universe/Alternate Dimention stuff in Super that somehow Akira would finally write him in.

It took 3 movies including a Clone for them to kill him. Again I agree that the sequels dropped the ball in exploring him as a character because honestly they were trying to make it the Goten and Trunks show (Nothing wrong with them getting some shine) but the first film was flawless. Understand though, Broly is basically "The Terminator" of Dragon Ball. Instead of Killing Sarah and John, it's about killing Goku and anyone assoicated with him. Also he is a surviving Saiyan so that gave his character mystique instantly. Buu, Cell and Freeza were different in that way. "Tree of Might" also was an interesting film because Turles was a surviving Saiyan as well.

187f55ec72f7461b644e4d6b075963b1.jpg

145810395.jpg

Last edited:

Wiles

Superstar
Daps
Peep how goku really is a runt compared to broly.

Said his power level as a baby was so weak he couldnt be strong...

broly-vs-goku.png

Goku got more heart tho....

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

:dahell:

Is that Future Trunks timeline? And why are Pilaf/Mai/Shu babies?

I did always wonder why Mai and Trunks are the same age in that timeline. In the normal timeline Mai is actually around Bulma's age and they just wished themselves back to being kids by mistake...but in Trunks timeline there aren't any Dragonballs because Piccolo is dead. Unless they did it before he died or something.

Black_Panther_JS

Superstar
Daps

I did always wonder why Mai and Trunks are the same age in that timeline. In the normal timeline Mai is actually around Bulma's age and they just wished themselves back to being kids by mistake...but in Trunks timeline there aren't any Dragonballs because Piccolo is dead. Unless they did it before he died or something.

Different timeline, different shyt i guess
they must've wished for something else

Kitsune

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

exactly, I just assume the wish was granted when all the z fighters were either dead or stuck on namek so it left a wide opportunity for them to gather all 7, nothing else would make sense

Daps
Reppin
Capsule Corp
the situation happened in both timelines at the same point in time, clearly before the androids arrived killing everyone