Essential Dragonball Super? New series set after Majin Buu saga

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Guys Spud is right about inconsistant Power Levels on the show with that said I wouldn't overanalyze that scene. The point of the Trunks scene was to pay homage to the first time he saw Goku. They even added the famous Finger/Sword block. As for the explaination that he was testing Trunks to see Black power level I can buy that but I think he was overall testing Trunks Power just as he did when they first saw each other. Also remeber, Because Trunks is from the future, his Super Saiyan levels are different.

His 1 was very powerful as he beat Freeza very easily but still not stronger than Goku. This Trunks is clearly a strong SSJ2 Level. Also I really enjoyed seeing how Trunks handled the Buu situation. We are all diehard fans so we will anayzle everything but this saga is bringing in Causals like crazy. People who wrote off the show are now hooked because of this arc. They are saying the ratings are historic in Japan right now. That's because Future Trunks is one of the best written sagas and characters in Dragon Ball History.

super_saiyan_future_trunks_vs-_super_saiyan_goku_1.png

Cl-RLlXWMAADqD2.jpg

Last edited:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Clearly I understand that more than a majority of the tap dancing nikkas in this thread.

I know how strong Goku is, that sparring scene was absurd and insulting to anybody with half a brain. They are literally making mistakes every week and you tap dancing nigaas just eat it up.

Wait....you're saying you know more about the characters than the people who created them in the first place :skip:Relax bruh as I said before when you had a rant:mjlol:this is merely a cash in series and nothing more. Just enjoy the entertainment and relax gotdamn :russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::dead::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
:mjlol:Dragon Ball fans always talking about power levels and shyt like they think the writer(s) have flowcharts and lists out at all times when they're coming up with the story

No:ufdup:. The characters have always been as strong as the story required them to be. That's why Goku can jump from being slightly stronger than Ginyu to toe-to-toe with Final Form Frieza with one measly Zenkai. Or that Dr. Gero can create beings stronger than Super Saiyans with weak ass Earthling technology :lolbron:. Y'all put way too much thought into this shyt.

Besides, even the shytty ass speedsubs made it clear that Goku was just shuffling through the Super Saiyan forms so Trunks could figure out Black's strength
Pretty much writers are just bullshytting this is all for money man:mjlol:

woof

Daps
Reppin
No one has said there aren't inconsistent power levels (Super has been a fukking mess even by Toriyama standards on that front) or disputed that Goku could body him, if trying, in base form. They've pointed out why the scene with Trunks and Goku played out like it did, the purpose of the transformations. It was about Trunks and working with what he knew and could sense/do.

It's legit :mindblown: that people aren't getting it and ranting on about how Goku should have stayed in base to beat his ass, as if him revealing huge power that Trunks could sense (he can't God Ki) wasn't a key detail.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
No one has said there aren't inconsistent power levels (Super has been a fukking mess even by Toriyama standards on that front) or disputed that Goku could body him, if trying, in base form. They've pointed out why the scene with Trunks and Goku played out like it did, the purpose of the transformations. It was about Trunks and working with what he knew and could sense/do.

It's legit :mindblown: that people aren't getting it and ranting on about how Goku should have stayed in base to beat his ass, as if him revealing huge power that Trunks could sense (he can't God Ki) wasn't a key detail.

To add to this point, Goku knew Trunks probably never reached SSJ3, he wanted to open Trunks mind so he could be ready to go to higher power levels. Vegeta did that as well telling Trunks he no longer needs he sword (Because they reached God Status Power). The whole scene was more about Trunks than Goku. Technically speaking show wise it's been a long time and a lot of happen since they've seen Future Trunks. It's was like Goku giving him a lesson as well as seeing how strong Trunks is now compared to the last time they saw him.

Last edited:

Beerus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
PC BRO #LWO
Clearly I understand that more than a majority of the tap dancing nikkas in this thread.

I know how strong Goku is, that sparring scene was absurd and insulting to anybody with half a brain. They are literally making mistakes every week and you tap dancing nigaas just eat it up.
Didn't you say you was done?
Shut the fukk up bigot you are a lame.
Your life must really suck

Last edited:

The D-List Vet

Being in a recommendation system.
Daps
Reppin
Coli.

i was straight :mindblown: the whole god damn show is fukking :trash: now going back in time changes timelines? what the fukk :wtf: then why the hell is future Trunk timeline still shyt?
SSJ3 can only be achieved by training non-stop in the Other World. You dont need sleep nor eat and have no limitations while dead. If Goku doesnt die, Goku never becomes SSJ3.
:aicmon:stop playing yourself... gotenks went ss3 without non stop training in other world breh

Biblical Goon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Trunks did all that shyt it by himself, even in the hyperbolic time chamber vegeta abandoned him to train by himself. He doesn't get the credit he deserves. Even Goku and Vegeta had received help to get where they're at. That's my favorite dragon ball character :mjcry:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
The writing was fine, goku was holding back in the spar scene and showing off SSJ3. The only thing I didn't like is Black magically having a "Ring of Time" and being able to time travel like it ain't shyt
Story hasn't been fully explained yet man patience :jawalrus:We still have no idea about this new Kai in the intro. He definitely has something to do with that ring.