Essential Dragonball Super? New series set after Majin Buu saga

Biblical Goon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Goten was trained by Chi Chi in the main timeline (and achieved ssj) while Goku was dead and Gohan was forced to study.

If evil goku = goten, then its not far fetched he still got his start with chi chi, achieves ssj at an early age, then goes :demonic: later on.

My theory is that an evil entity (i assuming it is an evil kai or god because it has to stay relevant to current power levels). This evil kai was looking for Goku (and or Saiyan's) either to destroy them but ended up finding a infant Goten instead and killed Chi Chi and the process. Trained him, powered him up and gave him the task of seeking out remaining Saiyans across the universe.

Biblical Goon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:upsetfavre: yall nikkas can't even come up with a decent theory, my theory is pretty solid. You would think a Goku twenty years into the future would not look younger than his present self.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
:krs: Future Goten??!

Lets completely forget GT, its not canon nor does have any influence to DBS.

With that said, its the only reasonable conclusion i can make because its not know exactly when Goten was conceived but it was before the cell games and during the Trunks story special, chi-chi and the ox-king were still alive and likely to still be alive being so far removed from civilization.

Im thinking he was kidnapped and brainwashed because he's always looked like Goku. He would not know he is a saiyan himself or was intentionally not told he was.
Just look at his clothes style, even the and his stature ...he looks to be around the same age as Trunks now that we seen him in his entirety.
gokublackoeumj.gif

So this would be a genius way of having a story arc including future trunks/goten and past trunks/goten. Toriyama the gawd :ahh: mark my words brehs. Just think about it, Goten has not had any significance to Dragon Ball outside of fusing with Trunks to become Gotenks.

Goku goes to fight him and only to find out it is his son
:ohhh::ohhh::ohhh::ohhh::ohhh:

Rigby.

Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Nah, there is no Goten in Trunks' timeline. It's not really debatable.

Goku died of his heart virus a while before Goten would've even been conceived. And if Gohan had a brother in that timeline I'm sure it would've been mentioned. Most likely that evil Kai in the intro somehow got a hold of Goku's body in Trunks' timeline.
but trunks' timeline was changed to where goku didn't die...

Rigby.

Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
If the timeline was changed (IF), to where a Goten was around, and this was an evil Goten, that would make this saga so much more interesting.

here

shyt would go from to

here

Rigby.

Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
so trunk dont know teleportation, all these years he cant put up some fight

so you telling me future trunks went out like some coward
Instant Transmission and teleportation isnt the same thing

Dudes in DBZ/DBS have used "teleportation" in very small distances during bouts to show increased speed, but they cant teleport long distances

IT can teleport anywhere he can sense energy (INSTANTANEOUSLY) I assume Trunks brought up Black being able to sense his ki to set up that Black knows this move. Which means as long as Trunks has ki, he basically cant escape Black. Disregarding the fact that Black is stronger and would smack the fukk outta Trunks, if he went over to grab Bulma and miraculously ran off on the plug, dude would've got chased down like a lion to a gazelle

same with Mai

LEEeveryday

The-Coli Music Critic
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#LyricsMatter
Just how powerful is Black?...

as it stands, he'd be going against, God Goku, God Vegeta, Future Trunks (will probably train to become a God too), Gohan (we know he been training), and Gotenks

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
but trunks' timeline was changed to where goku didn't die...

Nah it wasn't.

All that stuff still happened in Trunks' world. Him going to the past just created a separate timeline where Goku didn't die, but it didn't change the original. He flat out said that nothing he did in the past would change his timeline and he was basically just there to find a way to deactivate/defeat the Androids so he could go back to his future and beat them. That's why he had to go back and actually kill the Androids and Cell in his time.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Instant Transmission and teleportation isnt the same thing

Dudes in DBZ/DBS have used "teleportation" in very small distances during bouts to show increased speed, but they cant teleport long distances

IT can teleport anywhere he can sense energy (INSTANTANEOUSLY) I assume Trunks brought up Black being able to sense his ki to set up that Black knows this move. Which means as long as Trunks has ki, he basically cant escape Black. Disregarding the fact that Black is stronger and would smack the fukk outta Trunks, if he went over to grab Bulma and miraculously ran off on the plug, dude would've got chased down like a lion to a gazelle

same with Mai
i mean IT

MyApps

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I have a feeling that goku and vegeta will both travel to the future to face 'black'. And although vegeta and goku both have the upper hand against him, he will somehow steal their time machine and travel back to goku's time, impersonating goku in the process. And since only trunks would know that its 'black' goku, hes gonna fukk shyt up.

This would also allow goku and vegeta to work together to travel back on their own, and give gohan and the kids some shine against black. With ultimately goku traveling back in time using some advanced version of kaioken-ssb, with help from vegeta, and defeating black once and for all.

At least it sounds nice. :manny:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I have a feeling that goku and vegeta will both travel to the future to face 'black'. And although vegeta and goku both have the upper hand against him, he will somehow steal their time machine and travel back to goku's time, impersonating goku in the process. And since only trunks would know that its 'black' goku, hes gonna fukk shyt up.

This would also allow goku and vegeta to work together to travel back on their own, and give gohan and the kids some shine against black. With ultimately goku traveling back in time using some advanced version of kaioken-ssb, with help from vegeta, and defeating black once and for all.

At least it sounds nice. :manny:

Agree that Goku and Vegeta (and maybe some other people) will probably travel to the future to fight Black, unless Black comes to the past first.

But I doubt he would try to impersonate Goku...based on what we've seen of him he wouldn't fool anybody (dude just seems too evil to pass for Goku), and besides that what would be the point? IMO, if Black travels back to the present he's just going to be trying to take over/destroy shyt rather than wasting his time impersonating Goku.

That said, even though the episode was good I'm starting to feel like Toriyama is really lazy these days about villains and character designs. His MO now seems to be just taking an existing character and changing the character's color/costume/build/gender rather than coming up with something new.

-Super Saiyan God/Super Saiyan Blue are just hair color changes
-The Resurrection F Arc/Movie was cool but it's still just Toriyama reusing an old villain
-Speaking of that, Golden Frieza was literally just Frieza with a different color
-Champa was basically just Beerus, but fatter
-Vados is just a female version of Whis
-Frost was basically just an alternate version of Frieza
-Black seems to just be an evil Goku

Not saying that the characters/arcs are bad, but hopefully Toriyama doesn't use the alternate universe thing as an excuse to be lazy and not actually design new characters

MyApps

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Agree that Goku and Vegeta (and maybe some other people) will probably travel to the future to fight Black, unless Black comes to the past first.

But I doubt he would try to impersonate Goku...based on what we've seen of him he wouldn't fool anybody (dude just seems too evil to pass for Goku), and besides that what would be the point? IMO, if Black travels back to the present he's just going to be trying to take over/destroy shyt rather than wasting his time impersonating Goku.

That said, even though the episode was good I'm starting to feel like Toriyama is really lazy these days about villains and character designs. His MO now seems to be just taking an existing character and changing the character's color/costume/build/gender rather than coming up with something new.

-Super Saiyan God/Super Saiyan Blue are just hair color changes
-The Resurrection F Arc/Movie was cool but it's still just Toriyama reusing an old villain
-Speaking of that, Golden Frieza was literally just Frieza with a different color
-Champa was basically just Beerus, but fatter
-Vados is just a female version of Whis
-Frost was basically just an alternate version of Frieza
-Black seems to just be an evil Goku

Not saying that the characters/arcs are bad, but hopefully Toriyama doesn't use the alternate universe thing as an excuse to be lazy and not actually design new characters
Allow me to clarify, i dont think he will ACTIVELY impersonate goku. But since he looks just like him, people will think its him with the exception of trunks. And because of that, everyone will be completely blindsided by black goku's actions.