Essential Dragonball Super? New series set after Majin Buu saga

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
You new age anime kids have no idea.

DBZ is the most influential anime of all time. Super saiyan the most iconic transformation in all of anime, frieza the most iconic villain, Kamehameha the most iconic attack, Goku the most iconic protagonist... list goes on.

Demon slayer who? :russ:

Levels :wow:

This nikka just called me a new age anime kid. :mjlol:

I'm most likely older than you and most definitely seen more anime / read more manga than you. You can always tell stans of a franchise from actual anime fans because their world revolves around one thing.

DB impact is not equal to its quality. :francis:

It's great for what it is but it's surpassed in every metric by another series. Real DB fans enjoy the fukkery knowing damn well the writing has been simplistic and recycled from the jump but we love it anyway. Tori has stated the same during interviews about the formula but some randos on the internet know better than the creator right?:mjlol:

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Yeah it will do numbers... its still a weak ass anime though. Theres nothing good about it aside from animation.
Nothing epic, nothing special, nothing iconic. The main character is bland as fukk, the yellow side character is retarded.
Its a visual spectacle and thats it.

The fights themselves are whatever. Homie always talking about what hes gonna do while fighting. I HATE that cheesy shyt.

DragonBall still the GOAT action anime. Bar none.

And Dragon Ball is still way more popular in the west than Demon Slayer even in 2021

Breh I love db series no doubt about it and it’s impact is legendary not gonna debate that
Was just telling u numbers but gonna stop u bout calling demon slayer weak
U may not like it and it’s a preference of course but the movie numbers it did and manga sales it did probably won’t ever be done again so it’s not weak
9 mill sold originally then after anime aired 1 year later it sold 88 mill manga copies is damn unheard of
Whole Top 10 chart will only demon slayer in manga sales for a 1 month is unheard of

all I’m saying is u wanna say dragon ball better is fine to say demon slayer is weak is just opinion nor am I saying demon slayer is better or not either weak is what I won’t say
It’s like saying marvel movies are weak but they make so much money tho

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
I’m a vegeta stan but I’m not gonna sit here and act like dbz is the best anime when it’s fukking not:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Exactly. Been #VegetaSet for decades & I love the show but I'm not going to be delusional about the shyt. People really can't tell the difference between impact & overall quality. Nobody is taking away from it's footprint worldwide and being a gateway to the mainstream but there are flat out better shows.

It's still my shyt though & Vegeta still the most developed character in the series. :mjgrin:

BlackXCL

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
t.
This nikka just called me a new age anime kid. :mjlol:

I'm most likely older than you and most definitely seen more anime / read more manga than you. You can always tell stans of a franchise from actual anime fans because their world revolves around one thing.

DB impact is not equal to its quality. :francis:

It's great for what it is but it's surpassed in every metric by another series. Real DB fans enjoy the fukkery knowing damn well the writing has been simplistic and recycled from the jump but we love it anyway. Tori has stated the same during interviews about the formula but some randos on the internet know better than the creator right?:mjlol:

Im 31. Seen all the old shyt, most of the new shyt. Most of the new shyt y'all hype is mediocre. Nikkas be talking about how DB has been surpassed, I ask "by what?" And they say Demon Slayer :russ::russ::mjlol: LMAO

And the quality of DB is absolutely matched by its impact. You kidding me son? OG Dragon Ball is the best shonen ever made. Point blank. The stretch from Saiyan Saga to Cell Saga is TOP tier anime Shonen. Superb quality.

Y'all really just be liking other shyt because its "deep", when its really not. Theres not a single other anime you can throw at me that started recently that will be MORE popular in 35 years from now than it is today. :stopitslime:
I’m a vegeta stan but I’m not gonna sit here and act like dbz is the best anime when it’s fukking not:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

OG DragonBall is the best shonen ever made. Period. You ain't a real DB fan if you disagree :francis::mjlol:

Exactly u proving my point when I said “visual fukkery”

The quality and writing of everything from the Saiyan saga - Cell saga is right up there with ANY shonen yall love to overrate.

Malik1time

What you looking at?
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Im 31. Seen all the old shyt, most of the new shyt. Most of the new shyt y'all hype is mediocre. Nikkas be talking about how DB has been surpassed, I ask "by what?" And they say Demon Slayer :russ::russ::mjlol: LMAO

And the quality of DB is absolutely matched by its impact. You kidding me son? OG Dragon Ball is the best shonen ever made. Point blank. The stretch from Saiyan Saga to Cell Saga is TOP tier anime Shonen. Superb quality.

Y'all really just be liking other shyt because its "deep", when its really not. Theres not a single other anime you can throw at me that started recently that will be MORE popular in 35 years from now than it is today. :stopitslime:

OG DragonBall is the best shonen ever made. Period. You ain't a real DB fan if you disagree :francis::mjlol:

The quality and writing of everything from the Saiyan saga - Cell saga is right up there with ANY shonen yall love to overrate.
OG dragon ball is top tier 1000% but not the current product we see now