Essential Dragonball Super? New series set after Majin Buu saga

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So moros absoption power is "sealed" off i guess:jbhmm: glad they cleared that up in the early spoilers they only said he crushed the stones in his hand which made me think thats dumb cause he could just regenerate them.

i just hope this arc is just a set up to something else later. Seems like its going to be a beef between the daishinkan and goku since his son was erased because of Goku and last i remember they cant revive him with the super dragonballs since it hasnt been a year (i hope :francis:). Merus erasure kind of leave me conflicted on one hand he could have sacrificed himself to defeat moro finally (which would have been a terrible ending) but then again with that whole justice monolouge at the end i think he decided to leave Goku with the role of protecting the universe in the future, and to that end he needed Goku to master UI. A big gamble in the short term, but it could pay off in the long term depending on if my theory is correct that after this Goku might have beef with the major deities after this arc. I'm also curious as to why gokus injury isnt completely healed up you can still see the outline of the hole:jbhmm:.

i still have small hope Vegeta is gonna get his shine somehow :mjcry:
Yup the other issue I had was Meerus just could have killed him.

But from the jump he lets us know he's there to "finish goku's training"

And then let's us know that goku is just a push away from mastered UI.

Why do we assume it's rage? Goku had his back turned.

Right, he might be in some Zen like clear mind state...

But history shows us that when his friends get popped he usually rages

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
So moros absoption power is "sealed" off i guess:jbhmm: glad they cleared that up in the early spoilers they only said he crushed the stones in his hand which made me think thats dumb cause he could just regenerate them.

i just hope this arc is just a set up to something else later. Seems like its going to be a beef between the daishinkan and goku since his son was erased because of Goku and last i remember they cant revive him with the super dragonballs since it hasnt been a year (i hope :francis:). Merus erasure kind of leave me conflicted on one hand he could have sacrificed himself to defeat moro finally (which would have been a terrible ending) but then again with that whole justice monolouge at the end i think he decided to leave Goku with the role of protecting the universe in the future, and to that end he needed Goku to master UI. A big gamble in the short term, but it could pay off in the long term depending on if my theory is correct that after this Goku might have beef with the major deities after this arc. I'm also curious as to why gokus injury isnt completely healed up you can still see the outline of the hole:jbhmm:.

i still have small hope Vegeta is gonna get his shine somehow :mjcry:

give me a holy war arc :damn:

if they won’t use devils then some angels and god of destruction vs some Angels and god of destruction with mortals siding with whoever
All out battle royale
Everyone getting new power ups for the final arc

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What exactly did Beerus and Whis to save them in this story? Absolutely nothing.

The whole point is see how the angel Merus has a better respect and morale for mortals and life. Whis and Beerus don't give a fukk, they do shyt for personal reasons. But here we get an angel not cut from the same cloth. How is this bad writing?

goku's gonna save the day so nikkas is tight.

at this point i'm definitely riding for vegeta. said it before, saying it again: he's the most well-developed character in DBS, and no one else was even close until merus showed up.

but getting mad at the "quality" of a dragon ball manga because goku is the hero? after all these years?

:russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ:

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
This arc will be finished up by November most likely. This arc was stretched out for 2 years, and now the ending just feels rushed as hell. They cramming in alot.

I like Merus and the idea of him being unlike the rest of the angels due to having a sense of morality. But they rushed through everything and it made him come off bland less meaningful. Another example of DB having good ideas w/ not so good execution.

I hate how Merus basically pulled a Goku. If Merus knew he was going to die, he should have just went for the kill on Moro. But he wanted Goku to do it just like Goku did with Majin Buu and wanting Goten and Trunks to do it. I never liked that.

It's waaaay to early for Goku to be mastering ultra instinct. Which is why Merus should defeat Moro and make Goku want to push himself even further get stronger, tapping into MUI later on.

I'm hoping the next arc segues into the angels and we get a deeper dive into how they run things. And we need to see Grand Priest in action :ehh:

Daps
Yall complain about the writing but they gave us a angel with a good back story.

Because I always thought the Angels were basic. Powerful beings confided to silly rules. I get they're supposed to be neutral. But I was wondered if there was an angel that questioned their purpose. And they gave us that with this arc and I think its dope

And now he's been immediately bushed so good ol' boy Goku gets another new unearned powerup :unimpressed:

This is why this shyt :trash::trash::trash: The few times they actually bother to give other characters any type of development, interesting motivation or backstory, powers, etc.... all of it always amounts to absolutely nothing because Goku has to always get mad/sad/upset on cue and then change his hair color to whatever's the newest shade of the week. All this angel and multiversal culture and hierarchy that's been developed over this arc and the rest of Super.... in the end amounts to nothing but spectators for Goku winning another tournament, or another sparring partner to be bushed as soon as Goku needs his newest powerup to defeat whatever baddie the rest of the useless cast isn't allowed do no nothing about.

Member when Beerus was looking for the Legendary Super Saiyan God foretold in his mysterious premonition? Nah, that shyt weaker and more irrelevant than Kaio Ken at this point :russ: Now that bum ass cat just sits on his ass fishing or yelling on the sidelines at tournaments Goku always has to win for him. The one time he gets off his ass to do anything this chapter... him and Whis so slow they don't accomplish anything :francis: Member how Super as a whole was supposed to be in the interim building up to the introduction of Uub (who would be a sight for sore eyes in this :mjpls: cast of pasty ass Saiyans)? Nah, he's somehow still an infant while Trunks, Goten, and everyone else haven't aged a day or done jack shyt since Majin Buu, even though like 5+ years has technically elapsed since the start of Super. Need to devote all the screentime to Goku training more and fighting the newest baddie that is a shameless appropriation of Cell and 3 other old villains :dead:

shyt is indefensibly garbage cause there ain't no animation to admire with this. At least the finals eps of the tourney of power and the Broly movie gave us some smoothly animated fights, even if everything plays out the same as always. Reading some motionless black and white panels of Toriyama's no name assistant soullessly appropriating his artstyle and all of the same ol pointless tropes and beats narratively? :trash::trash::camby::camby:I'm out; shyt ain't gonna be animated until 2025 at the earliest the rate Toei's moving anyway. I'm sure by then this manga will have introduced Goku's super awesome new purple haired form that's beyond beyond beyond even Ultimate UI, beating the newest villain that curbstomped all his worthless ass family and friends as usual :russell:

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What exactly did Beerus and Whis to save them in this story? Absolutely nothing.

The whole point is see how the angel Merus has a better respect and morale for mortals and life. Whis and Beerus don't give a fukk, they do shyt for personal reasons. But here we get an angel not cut from the same cloth. How is this bad writing?
Did you read the chapter? They teleported everyone away so Dende could heal everyone up. Theres literally a panel with beerus and Whis saying how annoying it is for them to have to keep interfering all the time.

Merus is the same as Whis except Whis did the help mortals thing properly. He gave goku and vegeta the tools to help themselves instead of fighting their battles for them.

Lol Merus broke rules that were probably in place for a reason. His story could have easily been the catalyst for a villains origin story.

Merus's character seems a bit redundant when Whis was already helping the Z fighters to begin with.

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its like the writers even knew they fukked up. They couldn't even think of a clever way for Goku to beat Moros with his absorbing powers so they just had Merus get rid of them.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Its like the writers even knew they fukked up. They couldn't even think of a clever way for Goku to beat Moros with his absorbing powers so they just had Merus get rid of them.

Moro was pretty unbeatable with his powers intact. And even without them he still really should be far stronger than Vegeta and Goku he based one shot Goku even still after he was fully healed.

9 times out of 10 Vegeta gonna get his splitting tech off on him and Moro gonna hocus pocus them into some trickery. I don't expect this to end until December at the earliest.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Also Goku might just ask Zeno to bring back meerus as a mortal and he keeps doing his galactic police stuff

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
nikkas actually talking about seeing Grand Priest in action. :mjlol:

Nobody wants that smoke.
source.gif

nikka was touted as 1 of the strongest fighters in the universe by his effeminate son. I need to see what he can do, even a damn short sparring session will do :sas1: