Essential Dragonball Super? New series set after Majin Buu saga

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
The movies follow their own rules. No UI, no SSBK, no SSB Evo, etc., etc. but that streamlined the movie and made the story flow.

No need to overcomplicate things. Show the 3 powerups and get to the action. Leave that other stuff for the manga and anime where you have the time and space.

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
The movies follow their own rules. No UI, no SSBK, no SSB Evo, etc., etc. but that streamlined the movie and made the story flow.

No need to overcomplicate things. Show the 3 powerups and get to the action. Leave that other stuff for the manga and anime where you have the time and space.

He almost turned UI in the movie tho they clearly show it

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
It looked like it but I think it was one of those animation flourishes they used to make the scene more dramatic similar to Vegeta's green hair.

He never really powered up into UI, it just kinda happened.

Right but he taps into it whenever hes getting the brakes beat off him and his hair was silver for a good 10 seconds almost. I think its been discussed that whenever Goku is in extreme danger and he loses conscious his body goes AWOL and does UI or at least Omen, but since he was powering up and still conscious he went Blue. He was getting fukked up out there tho so I agree with the poster who said Broly is at least Jiren tier but probably not Jiren level, but with training tho? Pfffft its a wrap

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK

Well said. At least you understand.

Like I said, this movie doesn’t follow the manga. The movies, the manga and the anime all tell different variations of the same story.

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Super has made Goku really unlikeable. Frieza is a GOAT character but Goku is legit letting this planet conquering slave master just chill and engage in business like usual. Frieza out here, doing CAC shyt to the extreme, and Goku is just like “Don’t mess with Earth and we Gucci”.

Like Frieza is a racist, genocidal scumbag of the highest magnitude that destroys entire planets on a whim. Even Buu has the “Well, it’s the good in Buu”.

Imagine you some random alien breh, finally free of Frieza’s tyrannical reign and able to start over with your family after decades of enslavement, only to hear that one of the dudes who’s race he wiped out literally broke the laws of reality to BRING HIM BACK TO LIFE so he could continue enslaving and selling entire worlds?

Cᵣₐₛₕ&ₜₕₑCₒᵤₚ

____ exposing themselves
Daps
Super has made Goku really unlikeable. Frieza is a GOAT character but Goku is legit letting this planet conquering slave master just chill and engage in business like usual. Frieza out here, doing CAC shyt to the extreme, and Goku is just like “Don’t mess with Earth and we Gucci”.

Like Frieza is a racist, genocidal scumbag of the highest magnitude that destroys entire planets on a whim. Even Buu has the “Well, it’s the good in Buu”.

Imagine you some random alien breh, finally free of Frieza’s tyrannical reign and able to start over with your family after decades of enslavement, only to hear that one of the dudes who’s race he wiped out literally broke the laws of reality to BRING HIM BACK TO LIFE so he could continue enslaving and selling entire worlds?

More reason I can't take Super that serious. Goku has always stood 100% against the weak being victimized. His kindness to his foes is one thing, bringing back a space tyrant for f***'s sake is another. That and his departure to being a full-blown retard is just not for me.

ELESDEE616

Nikkas snitch on the coli like they name is Kobe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kobe snitched on Shaq

If America got the Japanese version of dragon ball z it wouldve never been popular off jump.

Goku is up there with Superman because most little boys grew up with him being the protector of the planet.

Come to find out hes a amoral retard created as a gag character. :francis:

Supposed to be the savior of the universe :mjcry:

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
The movie isn’t “following” the manga.

I'll wait for official confirmation before assuming anything definitive.

If we get a manga version of this fight I’m pretty sure they will use that full powered ssb form.

It's very doubtful we'll get a manga version of this fight. The manga references the movie on 1 page and quickly moves on.

Last edited:

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
Thank you. :salute:

Broly put on more viciously in the movie but we really mustve forgot that Jiren was knocking Goku out of SSB with the after wind of his punches and had that nikka hiding in rocks :dead:

Matter fact these last two fights Goku been kinda sloppy to be honest Vegeta set out here racking up points

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Animation and action were dope. Freiza might be my favorite DB character :laugh:

But overall it was decent not great. Og broly was better. And power scaling is horrible

OG Broly was a walking dead end, no future, no investment, no motivation, & an irrational hatred for crying children which explains the warrants stacked up by Galactic Patrol on this nikka for a string of shaken baby syndrome deaths.

Could he style on nikkas? Absolutely. So if you're going to be honest & just say you like the 1 dimensional muscle bound nikka, then cool. :NoSmokeP:

If you're actually saying OG Broly was a better character... :ElGucciMo:

:Thisnikka:

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
OG Broly was a walking dead end, no future, no investment, no motivation, & an irrational hatred for crying children which explains the warrants stacked up by Galactic Patrol on this nikka for a string of shaken baby syndrome deaths.

Could he style on nikkas? Absolutely. So if you're going to be honest & just say you like the 1 dimensional muscle bound nikka, then cool. :NoSmokeP:

If you're actually saying OG Broly was a better character... :ElGucciMo:

:Thisnikka:

I like how even tho Broly lowkey is rocking with the idea of training with Goku, his team doesnt like Goku and he DEFINITELY hasnt said nothing about peacing it up with Vegeta. Also he was Legendary rage when Frieza did that scumbag shyt so he might still view Frieza as an ally like Frieza hinted :wtf: and another thing this is the second time in a row that Vegeta has tried to off someone in Gokus presence and that clearly doesnt sit well with Kakarot cuz hes practically a Buddha at this point. Again theres alot of ways to take the series but Tori doing the heavy lifting again guarantees some dumbed down bullshyt thats the only thing I like about Toyotaro better. Imagine DBS fleshed out not even on some super complex shyt, but on the level of like Shippudenn

@For Da Bag yea that was dope Goku was in his bag with that :mjlit:

Beer Drinker

Blue Moon Cappuccino Oatmeal Stout
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I can't tell if the shyt is subbed or dubbed around my way.

I really ain't trying to mess with dub