Essential Dragonball Super? New series set after Majin Buu saga

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
Broly theories
Is it just me or was Broly in SS form while his hair is black?

Legendary form > Beerus? Jiren > U11 Hakkaishin. Could be possible.

I may have to take back what I said earlier. Broly > Jiren. That may be. Since we saw no SSBKK or Evolution Blue Vegeta and Vegeta went SSG, it seems that the movie is following the manga not the anime. Jiren was able to keep up with UI Goku in the manga. SSJ Broly already easily tanked SSB Goku and SSB Vegeta. SSJ Broly = SSJ Gogeta. LSSJ Broly > SSJ Gogeta. LSSJ Broly < SSB Gogeta. Plus, Gogeta > Goku + Vegeta.

I wonder how that movie looked in 3D. :jbhmm:

The movie isn’t “following” the manga. They simply pick and choose what they want to include/exclude. The manga has that stupid full power SSB form, there was none of that crap in this movie.

It’s just inconsistency. Like when Goku asked Vegeta has he ever seen a saying like this despite both of them seeing Kale showing the same type of berserker power.

Dragon ball is full of inconsistency. If we get a manga version of this fight I’m pretty sure they will use that full powered ssb form. If we get an anime version we will get ssbkk and Vegetas upgraded form. :yeshrug:

Last edited:

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
Where was the full powered ssb form if it follows the manga?

Where was Goku’s haika?

Vegeta’s gamma ray burst?

Doesn’t SSB use up too much stamina in the manga so they have to go between red and blue?

:mjlol:

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
They literally do what ever they want to do when it comes to dragon ball. Everything is inconsistent.

Last edited:

Cᵣₐₛₕ&ₜₕₑCₒᵤₚ

____ exposing themselves
Daps
First time I've been in the movies in years to see this lol :mjlol:

2.5/5 definitely not worth the $15 but still slightly entertaining. Broly here could be replaced with any typical, weird, angry guy for no reason villain. He had absolutely no flavor. OG Broly had swagger when he transformed, sounded like Urien from 3rd strike, and had classic lines/ruthlessness, the guy in the new movie is basically filler. Also the nostalgia tint may be blinding but the rock in the 90's movie set the scene perfect (this is a different time tbf). Movie had some good cheesy DB:Super humor but I'm still not used to it. CGI scenes were subpar but not the worst, if you we were a huge fan of the tournament of power's last few episodes in Super you'll probably like the action. Still not the brand of Dragon Ball I like (DBZ Super Movies, and DBZ Super outside a handful of moments) but the nostalgia of seeing a classic series in 2019 still alive is enough to make the film somewhat favorable in my eyes.

Edit:
I know Bardock movie isn't considered canon but his incorporation left a bad impression in my mouth how the movie streamlined/changed it. Instead of getting gully on the whole Frieza force and telling Frieza we quit and f*** outta here, he throws that measly ki blast at Frieza death ball :mjlol: I'd rather him be like :francis: at the point when facing oblivion.

Another huge gripe with this movie, I know Super is the Goku & Vegeta show but what made the OG movie so powerful was Broly going ham on the whole squad. I know, I know they're useless now right, but that feeling watching the OG movies all the warriors band together against such overwhelming power was :wow:

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Fun movie. I honestly like the animation from RoF better but I can see why people liked the old school feel. Either way, it was dope all the way through and definitely had Toriyama's humor spread throughout.

EDIT: Did y'all notice how SSG Goku and Vegeta both used "special" moves? Thought that was dope.

Last edited:

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Movie was amazing. Favorite moment has to be Frieza being a dirtbag with the "stray energy beam" though. :heh: That was fukking dirty. This whole movie, he was like...

DxEzl9dUYAIdiRj.jpg
Frieza had me laughing the entire movie. He was on one the entire time. The whole theater laughed after the Paragus scene. :russ:

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Where was the full powered ssb form if it follows the manga?

The movie didn't really go into detail with the forms and took stylistic liberties to show off their flair You could argue that they never went SSJ2 in the movie either. It's just how the art team wanted to design the movie.

Where was Goku’s haika?
I could say the same thing about that in the manga....

Vegeta’s gamma ray burst?
Where was his Big Bang Attack and Final Flash? Noticing a pattern here?

Doesn’t SSB use up too much stamina in the manga so they have to go between red and blue?
I think your just flat out confused.

:mjlol:

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK

Bro get out of here clown. I told you guys from day 1, if you can’t post facts, don’t quote me with bullshyt. All of this is your opninion. No facts.