Essential Dragonball Super? New series set after Majin Buu saga

I pick shyt up
Daps
Reppin
Vixens, Mascara's, Mary-Ann's
That’s kinda short for a whole series. Pretty sure I first saw DBZ on Cartoon Network in 1997 and it concluded in 2003 or 2004. I haven’t gotten around to watching super. Any site that has the episodes on it for me to watch? How’s it compare to Z in terms of quality, style, character work, and storytelling?

KissAnime is a site you can watch it..

There's nothing about it that is better than Z but DB as a whole is not Shakespeare.. I'm just here for the power ups and fighting and Vegeta.. I'm a fan of DB and they can damn near do nothing to turn me off from the series lol

Black Samurai

Kill or Be Killed
Daps
Reppin
California
I hope they expound on Black's obsession with Goku, cuz the shyt seem wild forced so far. :mjlol:

Trunks is the GOAT Saiyan of his timeline. His power level is far above what was last seen of Goku. How is Goku even relevant in that timeline is what I'm wondering. :heh:

His obsession with Goku is actually worse in the manga. He never even met Goku. He was on some weirdo face book, you tube stalking shyt. I don't know why some people think the manga is better :hhh:

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
So far my biggest gripe of Super is Beerus, Whis, Zeno, etc removing any real feeling of doom. 70 episodes in and villains still have no real weight because these godly entities exist. Poor additions that cheapen the entire experience.

The problem with the Black saga was how many times are they gonna get their ass whooped back to their past to go fight again.

Super doesn't have enough buildup, it moves too quick.... The Buu saga alone was almost as long as all of Super..

This is really just a cash grab but I'm not mad at it

I'm sayin. Problems for me:

-Like you said, the unnecessary amount of time traveling (clearly filler)

-Lazy timeline manipulation. I bust out laughing at the end when Whis had to yet again explain just wtf was going on because the story did such a poor job. Even then I had to google and rely on manga info for clarity.

-Nothing new brought to the table. Literally every bit of that arc was a remix of events from Z and Movies. I even saw bits of Garlic Jr. sharking in there :dead:

-Of course the ending.

People are still talking trash about the best dragonball super arc?

They messed it up at the end but it is still the best arc of Super and one of the more intriguing arcs in the DB universe.

I'm gonna have to drop my expectations moving forward if this is the best Super has to offer. :ld:

It's not touching any arc in DBZ, btw.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
So far my biggest gripe of Super is Beerus, Whis, Zeno, etc removing any real feeling of doom. 70 episodes in and villains still have no real weight because these godly entities exist. Poor additions that cheapen the entire experience.

I'm sayin. Problems for me:

-Like you said, the unnecessary amount of time traveling (clearly filler)

-Lazy timeline manipulation. I bust out laughing at the end when Whis had to yet again explain just wtf was going on because the story did such a poor job. Even then I had to google and rely on manga info for clarity.

-Nothing new brought to the table. Literally every bit of that arc was a remix of events from Z and Movies. I even saw bits of Garlic Jr. sharking in there :dead:

-Of course the ending.

I'm gonna have to drop my expectations moving forward if this is the best Super has to offer. :ld:

It's not touching any arc in DBZ, btw.
What’s the issue with Whis and Beerus?

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
What’s the issue with Whis and Beerus?

They're cool characters. I really like Beerus, but the presence of an all-powerful being who can inject himself and alter the outcome of any situation the protagonist gets involved in cheapens the experience.

Frieza isn't Frieza if we knew the concept of Gods back then. We'd be robbed of empathy and one hell of a story. Nobody would care how much "fear" he put into the heart of everybody in the Universe. If he got out of hand, Beerus would push his wig back. Same for Buu. Supreme Kais were acceptable because they were hands-off and had limited power that kept the villain relevant. You still felt a cataclysmic event could happen should the heroes lose. More was at stake. That is not possible as long as Beerus, Whis, Zeno, etc remain all-powerful.

Again I'm only 70 episodes in, but going off some of the tweets regarding the Broly movie, it seems Beerus power is still unmatched. :ld:

I pick shyt up
Daps
Reppin
They're cool characters. I really like Beerus, but the presence of an all-powerful being who can inject himself and alter the outcome of any situation the protagonist gets involved in cheapens the experience.

Frieza isn't Frieza if we knew the concept of Gods back then. We'd be robbed of empathy and one hell of a story. Nobody would care how much "fear" he put into the heart of everybody in the Universe. If he got out of hand, Beerus would push his wig back. Same for Buu. Supreme Kais were acceptable because they were hands-off and had limited power that kept the villain relevant. You still felt a cataclysmic event could happen should the heroes lose. More was at stake. That is not possible as long as Beerus, Whis, Zeno, etc remain all-powerful.

Again I'm only 70 episodes in, but going off some of the tweets regarding the Broly movie, it seems Beerus power is still unmatched. :ld:

They're supposed to be neutral and have been somewhat..

It doesn't bother me that they exist, they bring plenty of potential. I like having someone out there that can't be beaten but DB isn't written well enough to take advantage of it.

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
I think it’s funny how nikkas tryna downplay Jirens power. It took all these nikkas to damn near knocking on deaths door to unlock all these power ups and dude was flexing in base mode until the end. That’s a testament to how much of a beast he was

GOAT-geta even when he lost was still more menacing. Delivering etherous lines to the gods and flexing like the goat he is.. that’s my GOAT saiyan prince

And if we REALLY keeping it real, MVP of the tournament are:

No. 17
Freiza and
Master Roshi

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
I think it’s funny how nikkas tryna downplay Jirens power. It took all these nikkas to damn near knocking on deaths door to unlock all these power ups and dude was flexing in base mode until the end. That’s a testament to how much of a beast he was

GOAT-geta even when he lost was still more menacing. Delivering etherous lines to the gods and flexing like the goat he is.. that’s my GOAT saiyan prince

And if we REALLY keeping it real, MVP of the tournament are:

No. 17
Freiza and
Master Roshi

nikkas already forgot the sheer weight that Jiren's shadow cast on that entire arc. Attention spans are absolutely garbage these days.:BiblicallyScust:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
nikkas already forgot the sheer weight that Jiren's shadow cast on that entire arc. Attention spans are absolutely garbage these days.:BiblicallyScust:
By tourmanents end not even sure if that Fakkit Jiren was on Goku and Vegeta level they just took too many ass whoopings throughout the tournament

How do you expect us to respect Jiren when 17 putting death blows on that nikka, when he was running for his life vs Toppo

If we being serious 17 did more damage than both Vegeta and Goku....Thats why we dont take Jiren serious :pacspit:

Last edited:

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
By tourmanents end not even sure if that Fakkit Jiren was on Goku and Vegeta level they just took too many ass whoopings throughout the tournament

How do you expect us to respect Jiren when 17 putting death blows on that nikka, when he was running for his life vs Toppo

If we being serious 17 did more damage than both Vegeta and Goku....Thats why we dont Jiren serious :pacspit:

Nah fam, can't agree with you this time.:manny:

Jiren was the got damn Boogie Man the entire tournament. Had gods shook, questioning their own abilities. Tanked or dozed off during shyt that levelled everyone else on the roster. Straight up beat the brakes off former world beaters. Turned Hit into a whole bytch.

Jiren was that nikka.:MauryORly:

I pick shyt up
Daps
Reppin
The way Jiren beat the brakes off Goku with SSB Kaioken, there's no way they should have been able to touch him..

The way he was initially written, there's no way he should've lost that tournament..

The Manga doesn't seem to have him as completely untouchable.. He actually started fighting as soon as the bell rang with everyone else..

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Just got to the episode reducing SSJ to a "tingly-like feeling in your back." :hhh:

What am I watching? :hhh:

Edit: Did Kale just turn into Broly :gucci:

Even sharked his
Jn4pTlN.png

This is where Super jumped the shark, isn't it? :dead:

Last edited: