Essential Dragonball Super? New series set after Majin Buu saga

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
Jiren should have been the survivor of a destroyed universe that had such a high level, it was considered a threat. Jiren should be someone who was born with such an unfathomable power, he trained his whole life to suppress it to not cause damage to the environments and people around him (perfect contrast to Goku). Jiren should be someone with a true sense of justice and little arrogance, as shown in one of the chapters in the manga, not this "strength is justice" bullshyt, which just makes him come off as a villain or lame anti-hero.

This, this, this. I was so disappointed when he dissed Toppo the Plug like that. Oh, so this is the big HEEL TURN now? Just took the wind out of his sails as a character. An antagonist with integrity is so fukking rare. I have no idea why it isn't explored more instead of these tired tropes.

ReasonableMatic

Daps
17 :mjcry::to::sadbron:

Breh is legit U7 MVP right now. The only one to figure out a way to put a scratch on the OP Gawd, and saved his universe’s two strongest fighters so they still have a chance.

Frieza with the save. :gladbron::russ::salute:

Frieza immediately getting his ass beat on some Vegeta in Cell Saga shyt. :gladbron::lolbron::deadmanny: He gotta be STEAMING right now. :bryan:

Jiren is legendary OP Gawd status at this point. Fighting 4-on-1 and still not really breaking a sweat. I don’t even care if Goku wins, but they better make that shyt count. Don’t fukk this up with a trash ass power up.

Looks like Vegeta’s run as the noble reformed prince of all Saiyans is coming to an end brehs. :mjcry: I know you tired Prince Vegeta, but FIGHT THAT shyt. :damn: If you going down make that overpowered piece of shyt respect the pride of a true Saiyan. :sadbron:
nZ5VHVy.gif

#17 :mjcry:

tenor.gif

Pray for my nikka brehs, son was holdin the fort down like a general :wow:

Last edited:

RisAri0

<<dunno what swag means
Daps
He's basically Batman

Tragic background turned hero who doesn't trust anybody and is cold towards everyone

I've always felt Jiren was like a combination of Batman & Superman in this one character.

DlAMONDZ

That pu$$y got me grinning
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Re-read that part of the manga and it's honestly kinda boring. Doesn't help that everybody is dumb as bricks too. More so than usual

The Buu saga for all the fukkery brought back a lot of humor that people missed. Expanded the DB universe. Had some meaningful character development and introduced cool new concepts (fusion). Vegeta not being an insufferable prick also helps

Hostile

All Star
Daps
Re-read that part of the manga and it's honestly kinda boring. Doesn't help that everybody is dumb as bricks too. More so than usual

The Buu saga for all the fukkery brought back a lot of humor that people missed. Expanded the DB universe. Had some meaningful character development and introduced cool new concepts (fusion). Vegeta not being an insufferable prick also helps
Fusion was not a new concept.

ALTRUISM

"My enemy is a notion, not a nation."
Daps
I think what we learned about Jiren this episode adds depth to the point of strength being a defining theme for him. He not only likes the idea of being strong and showing off said strength, but secretly seeks it to mend his past as holding on to friendships and loyalty in the present has evidently led him to nothing but pain. Whether it be in past friendships resulting in death, or his present loyalties to something as "pure" as Justice being betrayed by his own sworn friend when he gave it all up for the power to destroy. This is perhaps the reasoning for Jiren's rather reserved and detached persona; he's internally given up on genuinely caring about others, including those who accept him and he's afraid to love again. He fears getting close to others because he doesn't want to be hurt again. He ironically lacks the kind of strength to find that again. This also correlates with his lack of participation compared to the other Pride Troppers - his past serves as a motivation to why he doesn't want to eliminate other universes as he doesn't want to subject them to that pain. I believe that taking all these points into consideration makes Jiren appear to be a bit of a tragic and misunderstood character.

#TeamJiren
full

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
746pgs deep and niccas still talking bout horrible writing :scust::camby:....but anyhoo jiren balled out this ep. Backstory was butt cheeks unless it's revealed who the big bad was. Would be dope if it's like perfect cell or some shyt just cuz hes one of my favorite villains and has barely ever been seen since he died. My nicca 17 went out like a G tho. I was looking around for him on sideline and then once I figured out wat was up I was like :ohhh::to:....the way jiren was like "he sacrificed himself for u weak ass niccas :hhh:" was so disrespectful :wow: and now its up to the usuals (goku, vegeta) with frieza sleep somewhere :francis: (still think he might be the key to the win)
I thought I had called it....I thought frieza was going platinum with no features

I went from :mjgrin: charged up ready to post to :mjcry: in like two minutes.

I still got faith.
Two minutes? Frieza was mopped up in 45 seconds :mjlol: dude went from gold to sleep so quick :laff:

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
I don't give a fukk what you crying ass anti-Goku nikkas say. I can't wait for Goku to beat Jiren's ass. Ol cocky ass mother fukker. fukk your past nikka, how many times you die for your world? Goku and Vegeta lost their whole race, you know what that's like?

You want strength and then what? Jiren's wish is fukking trust? or his parents either way. fukk outta here. Goku and Vegeta could have wish their parents back, could have wished their entire race. But they moved on. What Jiren thinks is strength is actually weak and thats why 17 ethered his ass. fukk Jiren

LordLyons

All Star
Daps
Reppin
I like the little bytch way of finding an asspull for how goku beats jiren in this episode. Basically they're telling us how it will end. Vegeta is out, Frieza unconscious and then reappears at the very last moment to distract Jiren and Goku blast him, eliminating him. :mjlol: Since they've been basically copying everything else from dbz, (final flash, down to vegeta laughing afterwards; female broly; frieza coming back; new saiyans from another universe; future trunks coming back; evil goku) There is no reason for me to not believe that this will be a carbon copy of how Gohan beat Cell.

Jiren = Cell
Frieza = Vegeta
Goku = Gohan

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
Belmod the one who killed Jiren parents you heard it here first :yeshrug:

and everyone crying about "asspulls" need to just stop watching instead of crying every week
Like I'm watching this shyt and I'm like that's it? Am I supposed to be sad for this nikka. I wised somebody form U7 would have interrupted Belmond and gave him the :childplease:

That's fiine and all, but Goku and Vegeta's come up is way worse nikka. Jiren may be about strength and justice but it's selfishly driven

Jiren wants strength for justice. Goku wants strength to be the best and master and his martial art.