Essential Dragonball Super? New series set after Majin Buu saga

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Just finished it brehs... The fighting, Frieza coming out of nowhere with the demonic chorus music putting in work vowing to kill Jiren, Jiren's Origin story and 17.... my god...:wow:
24col8.jpg

:mjcry:

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Funny how Goku's backstory is similar to Superman's while Jiren's is similar to Batman's.

But, even with the good we can't overlook the bad. I love how Vegeta was said to have no more energy left yet he can still become Super Saiyan Bluer Than Blue with unlimited Final Flashes :martin:

Goku can repeatedly use the Kaioken x20 with no concern for Delayed Ki Syndrome :martin:

17 had trouble with pre-God Toppo, running around and playing defense the hold time, but can now hold is own with Jiren :martin:

Belmod talking about "What do you know about Jiren?!" after explicitly putting his whole government out there without anyone even asking :martin:

that's why jiren told him to shut the fukk up, and he did lol...

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:rudy:
Vegeta vs Imperfect Cell was THE most singular showing of a sonning the series has ever had. No amount of Perfect Cell vs Vegeta touched that level of fukkery. Especially when we got Final Flash out of it as well. nikkas just saying shyt to say it now.
:camby:

Nah. Vegeta got out-smarted and straight up manipulated by Cell despite being so much weaker and then how he slowly broke down Vegeta's confidence by slightly one-upping him until he just one-shot him like a punk.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Jiren is fukking ridiculous :laff:

Whole episode was pretty bad imo, 17's sacrifice made it worthwhile but this fight with Jiren is just too much, I honestly couldn't care less about his back story at this point, specially because it was rushed as fukk and didn't explain anything either :dead:

Let's just get the asspull W for U7 quick, I'm more interested in the aftermath and ending to this saga and series.

Would be hilarious if Goku and Jiren eliminate each other and while everyone looks shocked, we hear "WOO HOOOO HOOOO HOOOO :mjgrin:" from Freeza

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Not my post

But found this interesting. This from some one else on another forum

"The problem with Jiren's backstory isn't that it's generic (it is, btw). The issue here is when you realize what show you are watching: Dragon Ball. You know, the series where a baby is sent to Earth, clonks his head, and becomes a martial artist, training with multiple masters until he learns about his background as a member of an extinct warrior race, and eventually fulfills a prophecy from their culture, becoming a legendary warrior that is said to be virtually indestructable. The series where the prince of said race has all his people slaughtered by a space dictator, is held in bondage, and trains most of his life to become the strongest in the universe. The series where a boy from the future has all his loved ones killed, and is taken in by a master to train to become strong enough to protect the remaining individuals in his planet (wait, this sounds familiar).

Case in point, training has always been a major theme in this franchise. We understand that saiyans are a unique race that are genetically built to fight. Hence, they are unusually strong. So then, why is it that Jiren, a seemingly generic alien, is able to train, but unlike everyone else, can surpass even the gods and be unaffected by time itself (I still can't get over that)? Because he really, really likes being strong? The only thing more unbearable than this is the "u weak, i strong" dialogue they're going to have Jiren repeatedly spewing now, since Toei loves turning their characters into caricatures (JUSTICE FLASH!!!).

Oh, and he lost trust in people, so... he's a part of the Pride Troopers because... strength? Strength is justice? What?

Jiren should have been the survivor of a destroyed universe that had such a high level, it was considered a threat. Jiren should be someone who was born with such an unfathomable power, he trained his whole life to suppress it to not cause damage to the environments and people around him (perfect contrast to Goku). Jiren should be someone with a true sense of justice and little arrogance, as shown in one of the chapters in the manga, not this "strength is justice" bullshyt, which just makes him come off as a villain or lame anti-hero.'"

Y'all's thoughts?