Essential Dragonball Super? New series set after Majin Buu saga

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Not my post

But found this interesting. This from some one else on another forum

"The problem with Jiren's backstory isn't that it's generic (it is, btw). The issue here is when you realize what show you are watching: Dragon Ball. You know, the series where a baby is sent to Earth, clonks his head, and becomes a martial artist, training with multiple masters until he learns about his background as a member of an extinct warrior race, and eventually fulfills a prophecy from their culture, becoming a legendary warrior that is said to be virtually indestructable. The series where the prince of said race has all his people slaughtered by a space dictator, is held in bondage, and trains most of his life to become the strongest in the universe. The series where a boy from the future has all his loved ones killed, and is taken in by a master to train to become strong enough to protect the remaining individuals in his planet (wait, this sounds familiar).

Case in point, training has always been a major theme in this franchise. We understand that saiyans are a unique race that are genetically built to fight. Hence, they are unusually strong. So then, why is it that Jiren, a seemingly generic alien, is able to train, but unlike everyone else, can surpass even the gods and be unaffected by time itself (I still can't get over that)? Because he really, really likes being strong? The only thing more unbearable than this is the "u weak, i strong" dialogue they're going to have Jiren repeatedly spewing now, since Toei loves turning their characters into caricatures (JUSTICE FLASH!!!).

Oh, and he lost trust in people, so... he's a part of the Pride Troopers because... strength? Strength is justice? What?

I mean it kind of answered it's own question. Goku picked up family along the way. Enemies became friends. Friends became family. Jiren has found a different path to strength by going it alone.He's with the Pride Troopers for ideals about justice but they're just pawns to the ideals of justice. That's why he was able to just cast Toppo aside in an instance. Goku would have gotten angry and wondered why.

Also remember, Jiren has never fought as a team member during the tournament.(I don't think). He's always just gone it alone even when the others offered help. The opposite of Universe 7's coordinated attacks.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:rudy:
Vegeta vs Imperfect Cell was THE most singular showing of a sonning the series has ever had. No amount of Perfect Cell vs Vegeta touched that level of fukkery. Especially when we got Final Flash out of it as well. nikkas just saying shyt to say it now.
:camby:

Let’s not rewrite history. Vegeta coulda ended the Cell Saga himself, but let pride get in the way. And got his ass beat for it. That’s why his come up is so :wow: now. He learned how to channel his pride and use it for what’s important. Once upon a time his pride was the reason he got fukked up. Now it’s the reason he’s gettjng stronger. :mjcry:

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just watched again.

I don’t know if the writers did it on purpose, but lowkey they just showed how Goku can win.

17 proved if you time your attacks perfectly, you can catch Jiren off-guard and injure him.

Defensively, Goku’s UI is :wow:. But offensively Whis said Goku is still thinking before striking, so his attacks aren’t as effective as they should be. If he improves offensively with his next transformation, he could potentially pick Jiren apart by attacking where he needs to, between his guard. Even if Jiren is still the stronger fighter offensively, that would make sense. .

I hope they get this right. :mjcry:
Vegeta was the one who thinks too much and he said Goku doesn't think at all as expected