Essential Dragonball Super? New series set after Majin Buu saga

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
D
Wait you mean to tell me the woman who does Goku's voice speaks in a Japanese "hick" dialect? LOL Makes sense, dude was dropped off in the wilderness as a child lmao

Didn't know that's what "shonen" meant but... lets be real, Dragonball looked like it was aimed at children whereas Dragonball Z had gore and blood all over the place at times.... language too, if i remember correctly wasn't that "child friendly"
DBS comes on in the morning I believe so they aren't allowed to really show blood and damage like they could if it was at night.

IShotTheSheriff

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
D

DBS comes on in the morning I believe so they aren't allowed to really show blood and damage like they could if it was at night.
Yeah I've heard

Anyone here watch the English dub or DVD version of this series? Wondering how it holds against the OG

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wait you mean to tell me the woman who does Goku's voice speaks in a Japanese "hick" dialect? LOL Makes sense, dude was dropped off in the wilderness as a child lmao

Didn't know that's what "shonen" meant but... lets be real, Dragonball looked like it was aimed at children whereas Dragonball Z had gore and blood all over the place at times.... language too, if i remember correctly wasn't that "child friendly"

Shounen is aimed at teens, and even then Japan let's more slide than the US

Dragonball was adult humor breh

Lot of sex humor, and violence later on it the series that set the ground for the violence in Z

This shyt wasn't aimed at children breh

Last edited:

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718

Lot of sex humor, and violence later on it the series that set the ground for the violence in Z

Shonen literally means "young boy" breh. Even with all the sex jokes it was still a kids show, Japan just didn't give a fukk. That was all considered toilet humor. By Japan standards it was basically Ren & Stimpy type stuff

hotbeezie

Go Dawgzz!!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
fukk it...I’m not annoyed by Ribrianne I’m actually rooting for fat Sailor Moon

ribrianne_rolling_gif_by_asait1990-dbq5rb0.gif

:mjgrin:

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps

Man I love Dragonball

Goku straight kicked that bytch in the face :laff:

ELESDEE616

Nikkas snitch on the coli like they name is Kobe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kobe snitched on Shaq
Shonen literally means "young boy" breh. Even with all the sex jokes it was still a kids show, Japan just didn't give a fukk. That was all considered toilet humor. By Japan standards it was basically Ren & Stimpy type stuff
Look no further than shows like Tar-chan

Dude used his nutsack to fly

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Shōnen, shonen, or shounen manga is manga aimed at a young male audience. The age group varies with individual readers and different magazines, but it is primarily intended for boys between the ages of 12 to 18

We're making the same point

Me calling it adult humor is in relation to how America views DB's brand of humor