Essential Dragonball Super? New series set after Majin Buu saga

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
This shyt is high key a waste of time with no tension. Kefla is fighting Goku. Nobody is beating Goku. She isn't even the top dog so she can't whoop his ass and have him hold an L like Jiren did. Goku gonna walk away with the W.

Now if she was fighting Vegeta, well that'd be different. You know the writers hate on Vegeta, there's a chance however small it is that he might get eliminated. Same for Frieza, same for Gohan. Actual tension like you don't know what the fukk might happen.

With Goku though? :francis:
Gohan / Kefla would be a dope matchup :ehh: would be some great development for both of them on a level playing field

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Who is this At News at 6 breh in the beginning:why:

No. 35 lol :mjlol:
I WON'T FORGIVE YOU IF YOU USE THE POTARA RINGS AND LOSE! :commentatordamn:

Tryna figure out what Goku is like with full stamina because... son is wilding right now. And still losing.

tenor.gif

UI bkye?

giphy.gif

Wasted on these broads?? Jesus, that's like throwing a hail mary in the beginning of the third :coachdraper:

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not a bad episode... I've noticed that #18 seems to be all over the place though. Sometimes she's so weak that Krillin or #17 has to save her, or she 's so ridiculously powerful that she can toss guys who were giving Goku a hard time around with one hand. Is this an example of inept writing or are they periodically nerfing her on purpose so that she can play the damsel in distress role?

it has nothing to do with her being weak or damsel in distress, it's just showing her limitations/weaknesses....ex in this episode: showed she's not as fast as 17...that's why when robot dude made his move, it fukked with her, but 17 caught his punch like it was nothing....

after all, gotta remember she became a family woman, so what we're seeing is just her ability without training or anything....

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
it has nothing to do with her being weak or damsel in distress, it's just showing her limitations/weaknesses....ex in this episode: showed she's not as fast as 17...that's why when robot dude made his move, it fukked with her, but 17 caught his punch like it was nothing....

after all, gotta remember she became a family woman, so what we're seeing is just her ability without training or anything....
because 17's hardcore training with poachers was so legit :mjlol:

EarlyEarly

Superstar
Daps
Just saw a leak for DLC characters for DBFZ. If it's true then one of the characters hasn't been revealed yet. And if he does happen to get revealed during this arc then I'm going to be hyped.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
They cant tell me Goku aint a ignorant hoodlum

Stays fightin, eating, cussin up a storm, deadbeat dad that cant hold down a job, even smacked his bytch up and he always chillin with the homies, poppin beans :damn:
And in the Japanese version he speaks in a hick dialect. If the dub were more accurate he'd talk like a redneck :russ:

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
DBS is a Saturday morning cartoon like Yugioh and Pokemon geared to a younger audience than DBZ was. After coming to that realization its a lot easier to shrug off the bad writing and hold it to a much lower standard.

With the manga they can make changes to the series thats geared to an older audience which is why I think the manga seems to have more explanation behind events and forms and is just much more coherent. Which is usually the case for most manga versions of animes.

It's unfortunate that I'm more interested in what Goten and Trunks are up to on that island than anything going on in the actual tournament right now even with Goku about to go UI again against Kefla. I honestly thought we were going to get a lot more filler episodes outside the Tournament of Power which I didn't want at first but now I really wouldn't mind it at all.
:mjlol: Dragon Ball was aimed at a kids audience just like DBS is. Shonen is aimed at little kids, not adults. It's literally what shonen means!

zerorequiem

All Star
Daps
Be fighting all your life developing your power since a child to be in a tournament losing to some kids, brehs

I wonder how Goku was able to tap into Ultra Instinct though. She should be no match for it. I'll be pissed if Kefla can land a hit.