Essential Dragonball Super? New series set after Majin Buu saga

Raizan

Pro
Daps
Not a bad episode... I've noticed that #18 seems to be all over the place though. Sometimes she's so weak that Krillin or #17 has to save her, or she 's so ridiculously powerful that she can toss guys who were giving Goku a hard time around with one hand. Is this an example of inept writing or are they periodically nerfing her on purpose so that she can play the damsel in distress role?

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
DBS is a Saturday morning cartoon like Yugioh and Pokemon geared to a younger audience than DBZ was. After coming to that realization its a lot easier to shrug off the bad writing and hold it to a much lower standard.

With the manga they can make changes to the series thats geared to an older audience which is why I think the manga seems to have more explanation behind events and forms and is just much more coherent. Which is usually the case for most manga versions of animes.

It's unfortunate that I'm more interested in what Goten and Trunks are up to on that island than anything going on in the actual tournament right now even with Goku about to go UI again against Kefla. I honestly thought we were going to get a lot more filler episodes outside the Tournament of Power which I didn't want at first but now I really wouldn't mind it at all.

FukYaFeelings

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Englewood Chicago to Southwest Atlanta
If Kelfa don't get the hell on :gucci:

Goku spared them a few times before and now they was tryna knock him off :gucci:

This writing and shyt just terrible how tf everybody so strong. Jiren should just come and knock everybody off since even UI Goku could barely do shyt, appearently.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
If Kelfa don't get the hell on :gucci:

Goku spared them a few times before and now they was tryna knock him off :gucci:

This writing and shyt just terrible how tf everybody so strong. Jiren should just come and knock everybody off since even UI Goku could barely do shyt, appearently.
Some people actually want to win the tournament :beli: unlike Goku who just wants to fukk around with the fate of the trillions in his hands

Mr Clean

Superstar
Daps
This shyt is high key a waste of time with no tension. Kefla is fighting Goku. Nobody is beating Goku. She isn't even the top dog so she can't whoop his ass and have him hold an L like Jiren did. Goku gonna walk away with the W.

Now if she was fighting Vegeta, well that'd be different. You know the writers hate on Vegeta, there's a chance however small it is that he might get eliminated. Same for Frieza, same for Gohan. Actual tension like you don't know what the fukk might happen.

With Goku though? :francis: