Dragon Age Inquisition GOTY Discussion Thread

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
You're trolling breh, game is ridic easy and I played on hard.

Hard =/= Nightmare breh. The difference is night and day. It took me a long ass time to kill Sandy Howler, the level 20 dragon last night and I'm 25 with basically the best possible shyt in the game. Highest DPS weapon I've been able to craft, too.

11198757_1002179559794824_1443899120_n.jpg

Not that I was in any danger of dying, but it wasn't easy either.

Having said that, the game is easy once you get the hang of it, and are playing certain jobs. But right out the gate, on Nightmare, playing let's say a 2-handed Warrior....no. It wouldn't even be fun.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
you get an option to customize him/her, thats what he was referring to

for my crafting brehs i got the option to change the colors of my outfits was that always in the game or did they just add it with the black emporium?

They added it a little before Black Emporium. A patch or two ago. :wow: at that armor color I got.

11258585_1006576489355131_78687131_n.jpg

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
35+ hours in and I just made in to Skyhold on my Nightmare run

just got done meeting....
Hawke... and I got that nikka looking like Boosie. :banderas:

:damn: there's ALOT of mother fukkers to talk to in damn Skyhold, spent about 2 hours just doing that bullshyt.

But now that I have all 9 of my crew with the world map wide open, I'm now ready to get these specializations popping :obama:

Quick question tho brehs, I haven't done any crafting or armor/weapon customizations. About how far into the game does this feature start to become prevalent?? :lupe:

You ain't really playing the game until you start crafting shyt, breh. The armor and weapons you craft blow almost everything else in the game away.

You don't really have enough materials to do it until around Skyhold anyway though...also how many dragons have you killed? Those drop very good materials to craft weapons and armor. If you craft with the dragon materials always try to use the highest tier schematics though....the ones with the best DPS if it's weapons, or DEF if it's armor. Also putting a higher tier Rune into your weapons boosts the DPS, too. That Great Axe above is what I crafted to hunt dragons on Nightmare.

Fred.

Last edited:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn. Haters coming in here 8 months after the fact n shyt. Its a great but flawed game. 8.5-9/10. If you fukk with western rpgs and don't mind the d&d style combat you'll fukk with it. That is all.

People have been shytting on it for a long time now. Its a bit like Skyrim, people were wowed by the large world and the scale of all of it, and then only after a while do they notice how poor the combat is, how poor the quests are and how unimaginative everything is beyond the world itself.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
People have been shytting on it for a long time now. Its a bit like Skyrim, people were wowed by the large world and the scale of all of it, and then only after a while do they notice how poor the combat is, how poor the quests are and how unimaginative everything is beyond the world itself.
Then maybe stay out my thread then fukk boiiiiiii :camby:

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So, Was this really GOTY ???

OR better yet, Is this the best game for PS4 to this day ??

If not then what ones ?

Best game on PS4? It's up there. Blood borne and the souls games aren't for everyone so don't just blindly buy it like so many of my friends just to frusteratingly return it a week later.

Just to note, I made the thread before it was released. Just a hype thread title. But it did win many GOTY awards so there's that. Only games I had as much fun with last year were probably Wasteland 2, Mordor, Divinity, and Dark Souls 2.

I have a pretty eclectic gaming taste, honestly, but if you enjoyed shyt like Skyrim or the previous DA games you should have fun. I love party RPGs where you can develop relationships and shyt. That's why Divinity was so cool cause you could develop the relationship between your own two characters. That's a RPG you need to look out for when it releases on consoles later this year. Hard as fukk but such a beautiful, open and rewarding game.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Best game on PS4? It's up there. Blood borne and the souls games aren't for everyone so don't just blindly buy it like so many of my friends just to frusteratingly return it a week later.

Just to note, I made the thread before it was released. Just a hype thread title. But it did win many GOTY awards so there's that. Only games I had as much fun with last year were probably Wasteland 2, Mordor, Divinity, and Dark Souls 2.

I have a pretty eclectic gaming taste, honestly, but if you enjoyed shyt like Skyrim or the previous DA games you should have fun. I love party RPGs where you can develop relationships and shyt. That's why Divinity was so cool cause you could develop the relationship between your own two characters. That's a RPG you need to look out for when it releases on consoles later this year. Hard as fukk but such a beautiful, open and rewarding game.

Co-sign, "Divinity: Original Sin" is a GOAT level RPG.

Fred.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hard =/= Nightmare breh. The difference is night and day. It took me a long ass time to kill Sandy Howler, the level 20 dragon last night and I'm 25 with basically the best possible shyt in the game. Highest DPS weapon I've been able to craft, too.

11198757_1002179559794824_1443899120_n.jpg

Not that I was in any danger of dying, but it wasn't easy either.

Having said that, the game is easy once you get the hang of it, and are playing certain jobs. But right out the gate, on Nightmare, playing let's say a 2-handed Warrior....no. It wouldn't even be fun.

Fred.

...dude you said you were playing on normal not nightmare. I didn't say shyt about nightmare being easy. :beli:

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A stan's reply. :yeshrug:
I'm not even mad. I'm a Dragon Age Stan and a Bioware apologist. I salute you for not getting all reckless with me about it lol. I am aware of the faults in these games, but I also think that if you don't enjoy this type of somewhat methodical combat, you won't enjoy it. I enjoy the lore of the series and the decision making. It's not perfect or even close to it but still....

I fukk with it :yeshrug:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I gotcha. FF8 is my favourite game of all time and I have no problem admitting the combat system is broken making the game piss easy, the story is nonsense and the characters irritating. But I love everything else about the game so... :yeshrug:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
...dude you said you were playing on normal not nightmare. I didn't say shyt about nightmare being easy. :beli:

:beli:

Pay attention man. The guy I quoted said he started on Nightmare....you came in here talking about Hard isn't that bad.

The difference between Hard and Nightmare is worse than the difference between Normal and Hard.

And :stopitslime:half the people in here talking about the game is easy played as Champion/Templar/Knight-Enchanter which is basically impossible to kill or over powered as fukk.

Play Nightmare with a Reaver, then get back to me on how easy the game is.

Fred.

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
:beli:

Pay attention man. The guy I quoted said he started on Nightmare....you came in here talking about Hard isn't that bad.

The difference between Hard and Nightmare is worse than the difference between Normal and Hard.

And :stopitslime:half the people in here talking about the game is easy played as Champion/Templar/Knight-Enchanter which is basically impossible to kill or over powered as fukk.

Play Nightmare with a Reaver, then get back to me on how easy the game is.

Fred.

Man starting out on Nightmare as a Mage was a biiiiiiiitch. I mean I was doing guerilla warfare hit-n-run tactics for the simplest confrontations. But now that I have the specializations active for my party, things are much more manageable.

:salute: props to you playing Reaver on Nightmare breh. Iron Bull always catch the fade even with some Reaver specializtions. I need some Guard on hit gear. :sadcam:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Man starting out on Nightmare as a Mage was a biiiiiiiitch. I mean I was doing guerilla warfare hit-n-run tactics for the simplest confrontations. But now that I have the specializations active for my party, things are much more manageable.

:salute: props to you playing Reaver on Nightmare breh. Iron Bull always catch the fade even with some Reaver specializtions. I need some Guard on hit gear. :sadcam:

Man I can't even use Iron Bull, he gets wrecked in like 2 seconds because the AI isn't smart enough to utilize the Vanguard abilities to build up Guard before he attacks. :snoop:

Cole and Sera are a bit better because they move around so much.

My go-to team is Blackwall (Champion/Sword & Shield), Cassandra (Templar/Sword & Shield), Vivenne (Knight-Enchanter/Spirit) and me as Reaver/Vanguard on Nightmare. Had them dragons like :whoa:

You got a gang of content still ahead of you, but cop that DLC when you get a chance. It has another dragon and a ton of weapons/armor, plus a whole new area. The DLC is some of the best stuff in the game.

Fred.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Was going to hop back into this then GTAV and the Witcher happened...:mjcry:

I'll come back to you DAI...I still need to play as a fanatical human mage who worships Andreste and smites everyone and everything in her name...

About to go make a Andreste only world state...after another hour or two of the witcher 3 :mjcry:

• Dap
Reactions: hex