Dragon Age Inquisition GOTY Discussion Thread

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
So i logged about 60 hours into this game and I gotta keep it one hunnid cause I feel only @winb83 is keeping it real.

The game has a lot of silly quests to waste ya time on and if you complete everything kinda guy you will go crazy. As @winb83 said its a really short main mission surrounded by a lot of side mission filler to make the same seem long. The game also tries to force it's apparent longevity on gamers with 5hr waits on war room missions, or needing power to unlock missions so you are forced to do side missions. The game also suffers from a large amount of features that provide no gameplay or true value and are just there for the sake of adding stuff to keep up with competitor rpgs. For example

Mounts: They are slow as fuk, and actually take you away from party banter. They are actually useless.
Inquisitor judgment missions: They seem like a fun diversion but they have zero effect on anything, putting somebody in jail does nothing or executing gives not difference.
Approval System: In previous games you atleast got a combat bonus for approval, now it does nothing, unless you gunning for low approval to purposely bounce party members.

I could go on , but these are just a few to name. The loot is also weak, as a warrior I hated the armor for my class no variation.
Game started off crazy fun and overwhelming at the sheer amount of stuff but I think this game is getting so much love do to the relatively low amount of quality Next gen games available at this moment. I believe if this game was released maybe a year or so later after we been exposed to more piff it wouldn't get all the love.

At it's heart this game is like a 7/10
I soooo agree about the mounts being slow and making you miss the heart of the dragon age series, party banter and about the loot. Why give me a big, king/queen like room if I don't have a chest to store all my items I pick up?

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I soooo agree about the mounts being slow and making you miss the heart of the dragon age series, party banter and about the loot. Why give me a big, king/queen like room if I don't have a chest to store all my items I pick up?
I never used my horse. in general I don't like how your companions teleport to you. the horse made that shyt even more obvious

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
I never used my horse. in general I don't like how your companions teleport to you. the horse made that shyt even more obvious
I actually like the fact my companions teleport, especially earlier on in the Hinterlands where I was jumping around getting stuck or climbing hills for short cuts going completely off course :mjlol:

Had they not teleported, I would have companions stuck in between hills but yea I hate the horse and will probably never use it in my current or future playthroughs.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I actually like the fact my companions teleport, especially earlier on in the Hinterlands where I was jumping around getting stuck or climbing hills for short cuts going completely off course :mjlol:

Had they not teleported, I would have companions stuck in between hills but yea I hate the horse and will probably never use it in my current or future playthroughs.
yeah, I understand why it happens, but shyt is just 'immersion breaking' when you see it. you can also kind of abuse it, because everyone teleports to the player you're controlling. so if you see your companion somehow reached a hard to reach location, you can just switch to that character, and everyone else will magically be there

I kinda liked it in Skyrim when you would be like "where the fukk is Lydia?" and then she'd finally come running back like 10 minutes later

CACarot

Where is Princess Fajita
Daps
Reppin
SSJ God SSJ at -3000
Just Beat the Game.

The shyt with Solas provides an interesting twist to the end and has you intrigued. The last fight was kinda ass tho, not challenging and not really epic. But in general lass boss fights in games almost never live up to your expectation. The one thing that bothered me was unlike the previous DA games recruiting or choosing a side for who you recruit offered nothing towards the end or final battle. It's not like by picking templars they in the battlefield with you at the end, you literally select the last mission and you transported to right in front of corphinous for a stand off not even a build up of sorts. Overall I enjoyed game but when you start to analyze it you realize alot of filler stuff was just thrown in with no real meaning. The game is king of impact less decisions, making you thing there is a any true difference in what you pick. Would have also like to see more characters from past games actually show up in game than just having text responses from war room missions.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I just opened up origin and updated dragon age and downloaded the new nvidia driver, and the game is still broken in sli. :dead: Get it together bioware and/or nvidia. :stopitslime:

This game is going the way of Unity. Straight up money thrown away. I bought the digital deluxe version too :mjcry:

Here's to update 3 :sadcam:

Yes, I'm mad. A triple A release like this shouldn't still be broken months after release. Even Ubi was able to fix the stuttering in Far Cry 4. fukking Ubisoft!

This is a goddamn shame :smh:

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
Just Beat the Game.

The shyt with Solas provides an interesting twist to the end and has you intrigued. The last fight was kinda ass tho, not challenging and not really epic. But in general lass boss fights in games almost never live up to your expectation. The one thing that bothered me was unlike the previous DA games recruiting or choosing a side for who you recruit offered nothing towards the end or final battle. It's not like by picking templars they in the battlefield with you at the end, you literally select the last mission and you transported to right in front of corphinous for a stand off not even a build up of sorts. Overall I enjoyed game but when you start to analyze it you realize alot of filler stuff was just thrown in with no real meaning. The game is king of impact less decisions, making you thing there is a any true difference in what you pick. Would have also like to see more characters from past games actually show up in game than just having text responses from war room missions.
I haven't beaten the game yet but I'm starting over since Dragon Keep fukked up my DA:O and DA2 upload but I do wish the Hero of Ferelden, Hawke, and The Inquisitor would have all fought in the final mission, shyt would have been so :banderas:

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
So i logged about 60 hours into this game and I gotta keep it one hunnid cause I feel only @winb83 is keeping it real.

The game has a lot of silly quests to waste ya time on and if you complete everything kinda guy you will go crazy. As @winb83 said its a really short main mission surrounded by a lot of side mission filler to make the same seem long. The game also tries to force it's apparent longevity on gamers with 5hr waits on war room missions, or needing power to unlock missions so you are forced to do side missions. The game also suffers from a large amount of features that provide no gameplay or true value and are just there for the sake of adding stuff to keep up with competitor rpgs. For example

Mounts: They are slow as fuk, and actually take you away from party banter. They are actually useless.
Inquisitor judgment missions: They seem like a fun diversion but they have zero effect on anything, putting somebody in jail does nothing or executing gives not difference.
Approval System: In previous games you atleast got a combat bonus for approval, now it does nothing, unless you gunning for low approval to purposely bounce party members.

I could go on , but these are just a few to name. The loot is also weak, as a warrior I hated the armor for my class no variation.
Game started off crazy fun and overwhelming at the sheer amount of stuff but I think this game is getting so much love do to the relatively low amount of quality Next gen games available at this moment. I believe if this game was released maybe a year or so later after we been exposed to more piff it wouldn't get all the love.

At it's heart this game is like a 7/10

It was fun for what it was but not GOTY imo.
I honestly enjoyed Origins more but this is still worlds better than DA 2.

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
zomg how dare this game not work on my ultra high end system. this is a joke, i keep wasting my money in hopes the stars will aligned and that i will finally get my moneys worth on this damn pc so i can feel the full immersion, textures and graphics because that's why i deserve. i deserve the best :sadbron:
:aicmon:

:camby:

Last edited: