Dragon Age Inquisition GOTY Discussion Thread

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
So i logged about 60 hours into this game and I gotta keep it one hunnid cause I feel only @winb83 is keeping it real.

The game has a lot of silly quests to waste ya time on and if you complete everything kinda guy you will go crazy. As @winb83 said its a really short main mission surrounded by a lot of side mission filler to make the same seem long. The game also tries to force it's apparent longevity on gamers with 5hr waits on war room missions, or needing power to unlock missions so you are forced to do side missions. The game also suffers from a large amount of features that provide no gameplay or true value and are just there for the sake of adding stuff to keep up with competitor rpgs. For example

Mounts: They are slow as fuk, and actually take you away from party banter. They are actually useless.
Inquisitor judgment missions: They seem like a fun diversion but they have zero effect on anything, putting somebody in jail does nothing or executing gives not difference.
Approval System: In previous games you atleast got a combat bonus for approval, now it does nothing, unless you gunning for low approval to purposely bounce party members.

I could go on , but these are just a few to name. The loot is also weak, as a warrior I hated the armor for my class no variation.
Game started off crazy fun and overwhelming at the sheer amount of stuff but I think this game is getting so much love do to the relatively low amount of quality Next gen games available at this moment. I believe if this game was released maybe a year or so later after we been exposed to more piff it wouldn't get all the love.

At it's heart this game is like a 7/10
They front-loaded the game. By the time you get to Skyhold which is still fairly early in the game IMO the main quest missions are probably about 60% done. The rest of the game is stalled out with less than a hand full of main quest missions that take 20-30 power to activate and long wait times at the war table for companion quest.

My only beef with the loot system is you have nowhere to hold your goods other than on you. I'm constantly having to destroy or sell stuff because I'm running out of space and I took both upgrades on storage. Its not a bad game at all. Still enjoyable but I'm approaching 40 hours and am burnt out on it. I'm gonna finish the companion quest of my favorite characters and do the last two main quest missions I have left. I don't think I'll do another playthrough any time soon.

I'm also disappointed that the villain is a side character from Dragon Age 2 that was only featured in a DLC and that you barely see him at all. I just completed the Grey Warden's arc and it was pretty epic though. The main story missions are all pretty good. I guess that's why there are so few of them.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
What level and where? I haven't fought any dragons. I'm only like level 13.

I'm at level 21... the first dragon i killed was the one in the emprise du lion, was called the hivernal... the second one the ice dragon Kaltenzahn was extremely overpowered, but the trick was the hit the hind legs with alot, so it cant fly... once you take out the legs hit the head. focus the strongest warrior members on the legs, the magician using the power spells on the face,

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I got all the shards in the game did the forbidden oasis temple... i aint trying to fight anymore fukking dragons.... bout to start the last missions tomorrow i can live with 98%:mjlol:

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
They front-loaded the game. By the time you get to Skyhold which is still fairly early in the game IMO the main quest missions are probably about 60% done. The rest of the game is stalled out with less than a hand full of main quest missions that take 20-30 power to activate and long wait times at the war table for companion quest.

My only beef with the loot system is you have nowhere to hold your goods other than on you. I'm constantly having to destroy or sell stuff because I'm running out of space and I took both upgrades on storage. Its not a bad game at all. Still enjoyable but I'm approaching 40 hours and am burnt out on it. I'm gonna finish the companion quest of my favorite characters and do the last two main quest missions I have left. I don't think I'll do another playthrough any time soon.

I'm also disappointed that the villain is a side character from Dragon Age 2 that was only featured in a DLC and that you barely see him at all. I just completed the Grey Warden's arc and it was pretty epic though. The main story missions are all pretty good. I guess that's why there are so few of them.
Ok :whew: I thought I was the only one, aside from the main missions evertything else is just basic shyt. Like fetch quests and closing rifts, which I got tired of real quick. I did do the companion quest with Varric and that was pretty good tho. But I was disappointed with how fast I got to the final battle and how easy it was, like I didnt even die during that fight. The game told a good story and the main missions are well done but I still think skyrim holds the crown, there is nothing outside the main missions as good as the assains guild missions from skyrim.. 7.5-8 out of 10

Costanza

lord of the idiots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jerrys place
man i hope people dont read this late page hate and not pick up the game... because i absolutely loved this game and i really disagree that its just boring side quests... i really had alot of fun with this shyt... and the random quests like when the demon dude offers u virgins lol.... its a great game and i realy do think its a mandatory buy at this point in ps4's history

CACarot

Where is Princess Fajita
Daps
Reppin
SSJ God SSJ at -3000
man i hope people dont read this late page hate and not pick up the game... because i absolutely loved this game and i really disagree that its just boring side quests... i really had alot of fun with this shyt... and the random quests like when the demon dude offers u virgins lol.... its a great game and i realy do think its a mandatory buy at this point in ps4's history

I don't think every sidequest is boring, but you have to admit...like 70% of them are. It's shyt like go find ring for widow, place ashes at burial site, read these two books at different locations. It's just filler waste time stuff that if people wasn't on that complete everything wave they would not waste time with. Still a good game, but it only holds a temporary crown cause their is no competition.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Its not hate its an analysis of the game design. I just did the quest you're talking about and for every one of those there's like 20 somebody dropped a ring in the woods go find it or somebody wants their prized Calf back that wondered off walk it home quest.

The main quest line though very short is great and some of the more elaborate side quest like capturing the keeps are good too but beyond that is a game that's very much padded with mundane task and excessive grinding. This is a 20 hour game that has enough mandatory filler and padding to push you past 40 hours to beat it.

Take the main quest Here Lies the Abyss. I needed 20 power just to start the quest. We go out in the desert and do that and then there's another war table operation that again requires 20 power to open the second half of the quest. This is opposed to a game like Fallout 3 that's open world and you just do the quest in whatever order whenever you want. If you don't want to do side content you can skip it entirely.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
again, I never did any of that "go fetch my ring" shyt. establishing camps, closing rifts, and other stuff I would find while exploring gave me enough power to finish the game