Dragon Age Inquisition GOTY Discussion Thread

ShaneTheRogue

Roguelike
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tennessee
Still on my first playthrough at 70+ hours...

About to do the mission where you go to Adamant fortress. About how much more main campaign do I got left?

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
at least the dragons are a challenge in this game. in Skyrim the bears and trolls were more challenging than a dragon

In the begining the dragons was a pain in the ass... but the minute you started to master the voice powers and your smithing was crazy high I could kill anyone... The ones that gave me competition was the dremoras.... uggghhh...

:sadcam:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
You :troll:? Dragon fights are easy (and boring) as fukk, they just go on forever.
that depends on your level, and what specializations your party members have

in Skyrim I don't think I ever avoided a dragon, or felt like I should fight it later

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah I don't remember anything about Skyrim, so maybe you are right comparison wise. This game does a lot of similar things much better.

Main problem with the dragon fights is that fighting them never really demands you to do much in the way of strategic thinking. And all the dragons are pretty similar so after the first couple its hard to care. Combat in general in this game just isn't very good.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
B7j_mdvIUAAXrcB.jpg:large

B7j_w2qIYAAgSLK.jpg:large

B7j_2gpIYAE0JLu.jpg:large

B7j_71GIcAAeX97.jpg:large

B7kAAo_IUAAk7is.jpg:large

B7kAmnmIUAAmc9P.jpg:large

:ohhh:

Costanza

lord of the idiots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jerrys place
Bout to be a cold winter :whew:

Go HERE to access Dragon Age Keep to choose the choices that were made in the previous two games:

https://dragonagekeep.com/

I've seen some tweets from people saying its absolutely incredible how much content is in the game. Someone said they would be surprised if full game content was 150-200 hours, and that its not all tedious fetch quests. Hearing some very good impressions. Needs some brehs who post at GAF to post some of the impressions.

GOTY :ohlawd:

did u expect the game to actually be named goty by most sites/publications or were u just hoping when u made this thread lol?

its crazy that polygon, ign etc... all agreed on one game considering most would say it was an even playing field.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
did u expect the game to actually be named goty by most sites/publications or were u just hoping when u made this thread lol?

its crazy that polygon, ign etc... all agreed on one game considering most would say it was an even playing field.
Of course I did. I'd been waiting for this game for a long time it feels like. After watching a couple previews I knew it would deliver lol

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Been killing this since I got my PS4 I'm about 32 hours in and I just did the
Celine Ballroom mission
You're almost at the end of the main story then. I'm about to do the story mission before that with Hawke and my Inquisitor just bagged Cassandra they showed her big ass titties and everything.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Been playing this game all day and have made next to no progress in it. I still have a buffer of about 40-50 Power that I try to keep at all times. Just did the Fade mission and before that I got to the snow area I was seriously under-leveled for and defeated a demon along with a bunch of red Templars.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Been playing this game all day and have made next to no progress in it. I still have a buffer of about 40-50 Power that I try to keep at all times. Just did the Fade mission and before that I got to the snow area I was seriously under-leveled for and defeated a demon along with a bunch of red Templars.

game is fun right, I'm getting mad powerful me and my squad just killed our first dragon...

CACarot

Where is Princess Fajita
Daps
Reppin
SSJ God SSJ at -3000
So i logged about 60 hours into this game and I gotta keep it one hunnid cause I feel only @winb83 is keeping it real.

The game has a lot of silly quests to waste ya time on and if you complete everything kinda guy you will go crazy. As @winb83 said its a really short main mission surrounded by a lot of side mission filler to make the same seem long. The game also tries to force it's apparent longevity on gamers with 5hr waits on war room missions, or needing power to unlock missions so you are forced to do side missions. The game also suffers from a large amount of features that provide no gameplay or true value and are just there for the sake of adding stuff to keep up with competitor rpgs. For example

Mounts: They are slow as fuk, and actually take you away from party banter. They are actually useless.
Inquisitor judgment missions: They seem like a fun diversion but they have zero effect on anything, putting somebody in jail does nothing or executing gives not difference.
Approval System: In previous games you atleast got a combat bonus for approval, now it does nothing, unless you gunning for low approval to purposely bounce party members.

I could go on , but these are just a few to name. The loot is also weak, as a warrior I hated the armor for my class no variation.
Game started off crazy fun and overwhelming at the sheer amount of stuff but I think this game is getting so much love do to the relatively low amount of quality Next gen games available at this moment. I believe if this game was released maybe a year or so later after we been exposed to more piff it wouldn't get all the love.

At it's heart this game is like a 7/10