Dragon Age Inquisition GOTY Discussion Thread

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I'm gonna try to force my way through the rest of this game but I got bored with it quickly. The game is very deceptive. It's actually a very short game that's padded with a ton of mundane side content Huge environments with nothing interesting to do in them. Bland fetch quest side quest.

The power mechanic forces you to do some of the side quest just to be able to continue the main quest line. It's a terrible mechanic that solely exist to pad the length of the game. One of these quest made me walk a damn bull halfway across the map to a farm. We're supposed to be on an important quest to save the world so why should I need to do stuff like that.

I'm about 30 hours into this game and have had it for about 1.5-2 months. That says all that needs to be said about the game. When I look back at that 30 hours most of it was spent doing irrelevant side quest. There have been worse (from a technical aspect) games I've found more compelling to play. I beat Fairy Fencer F within a week, Lightning Returns within a few days. Tails of Xillia 2 within a week and a few days I even beat Dragon Age 2 within a week.

The thing with DA2 is at some point I got bored with the side quest and just plowed through the main quest missions and only the required other ones. Can't do that here which is why I keep quitting playing this game.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I'm gonna try to force my way through the rest of this game but I got bored with it quickly. The game is very deceptive. It's actually a very short game that's padded with a ton of mundane side content Huge environments with nothing interesting to do in them. Bland fetch quest side quest.

The power mechanic forces you to do some of the side quest just to be able to continue the main quest line. It's a terrible mechanic that solely exist to pad the length of the game. One of these quest made me walk a damn bull halfway across the map to a farm. We're supposed to be on an important quest to save the world so why should I need to do stuff like that.

I'm about 30 hours into this game and have had it for about 1.5-2 months. That says all that needs to be said about the game. When I look back at that 30 hours most of it was spent doing irrelevant side quest. There have been worse (from a technical aspect) games I've found more compelling to play. I beat Fairy Fencer F within a week, Lightning Returns within a few days. Tails of Xillia 2 within a week and a few days I even beat Dragon Age 2 within a week.

The thing with DA2 is at some point I got bored with the side quest and just plowed through the main quest missions and only the required other ones. Can't do that here which is why I keep quitting playing this game.
meh, I never bothered with side quests that weren't interesting to me, and I still had enough 'power' to finish the game. plus the Inquisition gaining 'power' is part of the story

the only thing that made me want to get the game over with was my desire to start a second playthrough

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier

this game demands a lot of hours. sure, there is a lot of fetching, but i didn't have a problem as i loved going to new areas and exploring.

Costanza

lord of the idiots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jerrys place
beat the game yesterday, loved it... my favorite game on ps4... started playing a second run through but i just dont know if im the type of player who can beat a game twice over... even if i love it.... but ill definitely be back for the dlc... and the sequels which are obviously coming considering the critical success.

ending fight was easy as fukk on hard, but that ending with solas had me doing some research on this shyt... should make for an interesting dlc

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Pretty much.

Plus the more you play the glitchier it gets.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
The Storm Coast is based on a real place. "The Giant's Causeway" in Ireland

1024px-Causeway-code_poet-4.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant's_Causeway

:dwillhuh:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Solas breh I took you on every mission, did your personal mission, and every time the dialogue gave me the chance I selected the option to let you say some elvin shyt that I didn't even know what it meant...
and then you go and do this shyt
wpid-owes-me-o.gif

Nah B if they drop that DLC then you already know what time it is :stopitslime:

Ice Cold

King of Blades
Daps
finally beat the game after 70 hours
Got the draws from Cassandra, I originally wanted josephine but Cassandra got Cakes
Sided with the Mages, mainly because I'm an Assassin so the templars can suck it
Solas' betrayal was unforseen but he was always a fukk nikka so I look forward to ending him
I chose Hawke to live on bump the other guy
I drank from the Well myself like a boss

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
i love exploring the world with all the side content.... fukking giants and dragons though.... at least in skyrim the dragonborn had so much power he stood a fighting chance.... :mjcry:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
i love exploring the world with all the side content.... fukking giants and dragons though.... at least in skyrim the dragonborn had so much power he stood a fighting chance.... :mjcry:
at least the dragons are a challenge in this game. in Skyrim the bears and trolls were more challenging than a dragon