Dragon Age Inquisition GOTY Discussion Thread

Costanza

lord of the idiots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jerrys place
It isn't difficult on 'Hard' either though. I mean 'Hard' is old school 'Normal' difficulty these days.

Anyway changing difficulty won't fix the simplistic combat, it just gives you more enemies with greater health.

dont know what to say to this, the combat really isnt simplistic once you have to get into the harder fights, with dragons and what not... u have to constantly cycle through characters to use either abilities or potions... as the game progresses u have to take down archers first or u are pretty much gonna go down...

its a different beast completely then a normal action game, but it is very close to mass effect in every way... only thing is it is significantly bigger...

@Made in '86' you gonna try and do a nightmare run? i rarely if ever play games twice over... but i think i will with this on nightmare after i finish this run.. but we shall see...

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sounds like a personal problem. The fact that you called it a WoW style game is just...wrong.

of course its a personal problem :what: and wheres the gameplay besides point in the enemies direction and hold r2 :stopitslime: its definitely not like mass effect in terms of combat

not even trynna argue the shyt cus i'll probably never touch this again. i should have checked out some user reviews on youtube instead of asking dudes that are clearly fans of the game, live and learn :yeshrug:

Mass

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
of course its a personal problem :what: and wheres the gameplay besides point in the enemies direction and hold r2 :stopitslime: its definitely not like mass effect in terms of combat

not even trynna argue the shyt cus i'll probably never touch this again. i should have checked out some user reviews on youtube instead of asking dudes that are clearly fans of the game, live and learn :yeshrug:
This is about information and story ... not so much action oriented set pieces and such. Information and story with enough action to eat alongside as a small appetizer...... and thats ok cuz this game is fuego

Black White Sox Hat

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
moonlit leaping shot

dragonageinquisition_zlu48.png
You playing it on PC?

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
dont know what to say to this, the combat really isnt simplistic once you have to get into the harder fights, with dragons and what not... u have to constantly cycle through characters to use either abilities or potions... as the game progresses u have to take down archers first or u are pretty much gonna go down...

I've already killed numerous dragons dude. I'm on the second last main quest.

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
Just beat the game brehz :wow:

Clocked in just under 70 hours in one playthrough :whoo:

Best game I've played in 2 years. My god dat ending...

at first I was caught off guard by blackwalls confession. But the ending breh. Not my man's solas.at the end when he tells you whatever comes next, you have my upmost respect. I was like :what: what that's suppose to mean? Then he dipped. After the credits I now understand... He coming for us like Booker t on Hogan. Humans done fukked up the world, and he wants revenge for his people. It's hard cuz that's my boy :mjcry:

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
started my second playthrough as a 2 handed warrior on nightmare. wasn't too bad until i got to my second rift in hinterlands. i guess i gotta start using tac cam cuz the ai can't do shyt :beli:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I'm at the Empress' ball right now, kinda hate this mission which is the first story mission I've had that issue with. It's really getting annoying trying to keep my party members alive, I wish the AI were smarter but I'm still enjoying how much you get to do and be involved in the story. Is it worth it to use an inquisition perk on schematics? I've built some custom armors and weapons to give my AI fools boosts so that I don't have to overdo the constant switching around to use potion.