Dragon Age Inquisition GOTY Discussion Thread

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
i don't know why i bought this ole hold R2 to win bullshyt, listening to you nikkas. i've never given a fukk about any of that hobbit, elf type lore, so why did i think i'd care now. mass effect universe >>> this shyt. cant even enjoy the conversational aspects of this game cus its boring.
Play it on hard or nightmare, and stop being a c*nt.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
and you nikkas coulda just been honest and said the game was lame instead of hyping this bullshyt up

:dahell: You blaming us for buying the game? I'm a Mass Effect fan too. I even like the lore better but DA:I wasn't lame.

You didn't like it, that's fine but charge it to the game and keep it moving, breh.

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
Bianca is raw bruh you gotta stay on your shyt and craft them upgrades. I made it my mission to keep Bianca upgraded in my latest playthrough and :wow: :wow: :banderas: Rogues can deal out ill amounts of damage if you know what you're doing, starting with crafting.

In fact, if you not crafting at all you just pouring jelly on yourself in the harder missions/difficulties.
eh call me simp but i only craft shyt for my girl cassandra cuz at least she giving up some booty. everytime i speak to varric and ask about hawk there is no option but exit convo. don't wanna give up info on your boy? cool i respect that, but im the fukking inquisitor bytch. if i ask something u better comply. fukk him and his whack ass bianca weapon. i wish there was a way to excuse him from skyhold.
I been crafting a lot. Spec dagger rogues for crits, evasion and threat reduction. Control them and flank all day, watch the damage :blessed:
im still eating off my tier 2 master dagger i created. flank>death blow almost automatic kill
i just crafted myself a beast bow... but i dont have enough good schematics for other shyt... the good thing is tho ive made it this far into the game without ccrafting at all lvl12... so i atleast have a some materials saved up....

im gonna be doing the tempest thing but does anyone have experience with it... im scared that its gonna be so cheap that the game wont even be challenging... right now even on normal mode the dragons are challenging as fukk for me
bump up the difficulty. i went from normal to hard at level 13. nightmare gonna be on my second playthrough
from what i hear the thousand cuts thing for rogue tempest is a glitch... im not trying to glitch my way through the game im enjoying the challenge so im gonna go assasin archer
is it cheap? hell yeah, but its the best last resort. ive only used it on dragons tbh. best believe imma spam it on nightmare tho:skip:

Pretty much. Usually its the story (which not having played the other games, I don't really understand) and the combat (which is just too easy, and even when difficult, pretty shallow) that keeps you playing RPGs. Unfortunately in DAI both aspects of this game get less interesting as the game goes on.
eh im still finding myself immersed in the game. story isn't the greatest but i think if bioware had added more especially in the beginning like why the hell your character was at the chantry place that exploded would've helped alot. also wish you could choose your background. kinda don't like that my dude is from a noble family.

Pretty :yeah ok: that they have it so only rogues can unlock doors and warrios can smash buildings...

Makes you have to go way out of your way to run with an all one class team...

Was outright wrecking everything in site with Viv, Dorian, Solas and myself as mages...

Got to a locked chest and had to go back and switch someone out for Cole just to unlock it :yeah ok:

Got to a door that needed to be broken and had to go back and switch cole for Blackwall just to get some gear that sucked :yeah ok:

shyt is annoying and they need to make it so that anyone can pick locks or kick down doors:yeah ok:
slay dragons but can bust open a door or wall brehz :skip:

i don't know why i bought this ole hold R2 to win bullshyt, listening to you nikkas. i've never given a fukk about any of that hobbit, elf type lore, so why did i think i'd care now. mass effect universe >>> this shyt. cant even enjoy the conversational aspects of this game cus its boring.
i agree about mass effect theme as i am a huge fan of sci fi compared to this type of fantasy. but this game is great but we all can't be satisfied :yeshrug:

I just beat it. Fuuuuuuck that was a lot of game :to:

damn, im level 20 and imma bout to whoop samsons ass. this game has consumed me since christmas. i know ill beat it in a day or two, but i wonder if ill have time for a second playthrough before school starts next week :ohhh:

Game not lame, sorry you don't like it, go cry somewhere else nikka.
:dahell: You blaming us for buying the game? I'm a Mass Effect fan too. I even like the lore better but DA:I wasn't lame.

You didn't like it, that's fine but charge it to the game and keep it moving, breh.
:skip:

Costanza

lord of the idiots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jerrys place
@Made in '86' thousand cuts isnt just cheap, from what i understand its literally a glitch... flask of fire says it is supposed to only effect stamina... but it works on focus too...

and it doesnt look like its going to be fixed any time soon

i mean its a single player game so who really cares... but once u master it... u can get through even nightmare mode easily, it can be used over an over basically...

i went assasin and honestly it is not that good but im dominating on normal just with my regular skill tree classes... might switch to hard mode but i doubt it... i got dominated by one of those level 16 rifts early on... so i went out of my way to go back and kill 2 dragons level my shyt up and come back to slaughter shyt... and thats what im doing now...

but god damn tho this is a great game... like for real... not in the way destiny seems like a great game then just gets worse over time... this gets progessively better and better.... and even the side quests are full out stories/dungeons etc...

just finished the dungeon on emprise... and i wont spoilt it for yall but the choice u get at the end is funny as fukk lol.. i suggest doing that one for sure.

Costanza

lord of the idiots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jerrys place

im right there with you... i dont fukk with this shyt... but give this game a chance.... force urself to play... if u get about 5 hours in... ull be hooked... it gets progessively better and better... and the story is dope as it progesses...

most fun ive had on ps4 by far

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
im right there with you... i dont fukk with this shyt... but give this game a chance.... force urself to play... if u get about 5 hours in... ull be hooked... it gets progessively better and better... and the story is dope as it progesses...

Agreed. And if you think the combat is weak, turn the difficulty up. I mean, duh.

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
@Made in '86' thousand cuts isnt just cheap, from what i understand its literally a glitch... flask of fire says it is supposed to only effect stamina... but it works on focus too...

and it doesnt look like its going to be fixed any time soon

i mean its a single player game so who really cares... but once u master it... u can get through even nightmare mode easily, it can be used over an over basically...

i went assasin and honestly it is not that good but im dominating on normal just with my regular skill tree classes... might switch to hard mode but i doubt it... i got dominated by one of those level 16 rifts early on... so i went out of my way to go back and kill 2 dragons level my shyt up and come back to slaughter shyt... and thats what im doing now...

but god damn tho this is a great game... like for real... not in the way destiny seems like a great game then just gets worse over time... this gets progessively better and better.... and even the side quests are full out stories/dungeons etc...

just finished the dungeon on emprise... and i wont spoilt it for yall but the choice u get at the end is funny as fukk lol.. i suggest doing that one for sure.

thousand cuts is the most op skill bar none. but like i said i only use it as a last resort - which is rare since ive only needed it for dragons. but the flasks in the tempest are so diverse that i always use each one. ice flask as a shield and freezing enemies, fire flask to spam abilities, and light flash to stop time to either pick up a fallen companion or get a few clean shots on an enemy - its a really fun specialization.

i almost solo'd hissing wastes until i got murked by those fukking rhinos ganging up on me trying to close a rift. i swear this game just be pulling some bullshyt. first the buffalos in crestwood fighting the dragon, then a rhino bum rushing me while im fighting two despair demons and a pride demon :upsetfavre:.

also, if anyone is playing rogue daggers, make sure you use dual blade daggers as the combat is more fluid and faster. if u chain your hits, u can do a twin fang move at the end which made me swap out that ability for throwing daggers.

the hardest person i faced was that empress' assassin cousin. i was wondering why she and her assassins was making me use all my potions. and then i realize that i didn't have my armor and the game made me use some whack ass daggers by default. i was almost dead until i realized :snoop: i was gonna give her that thousand cut taste but it was inactive for some reason :sadcam:. got killed and played as cassandra and kept spamming guard until i cut that bytch down.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Agreed. And if you think the combat is weak, turn the difficulty up. I mean, duh.

It isn't difficult on 'Hard' either though. I mean 'Hard' is old school 'Normal' difficulty these days.

Anyway changing difficulty won't fix the simplistic combat, it just gives you more enemies with greater health.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
moonlit leaping shot

dragonageinquisition_zlu48.png

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

breh, im not bout these WoW type games. admittedly, only played about 2-3 hours, only at level 5, but the game just aint for me. i'll attempt to give it another chance later but imma charge that shyt to the game and pick up something else

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It isn't difficult on 'Hard' either though. I mean 'Hard' is old school 'Normal' difficulty these days.

Anyway changing difficulty won't fix the simplistic combat, it just gives you more enemies with greater health.
exactly, coming over from last of us remastered and tomb raider definitive edition to this was a mistake. its just not the type of gameplay i expected.