Dragon Age Inquisition GOTY Discussion Thread

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I been crafting a lot. Spec dagger rogues for crits, evasion and threat reduction. Control them and flank all day, watch the damage :blessed:

Costanza

lord of the idiots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jerrys place
Bianca is raw bruh you gotta stay on your shyt and craft them upgrades. I made it my mission to keep Bianca upgraded in my latest playthrough and :wow: :wow: :banderas: Rogues can deal out ill amounts of damage if you know what you're doing, starting with crafting.

In fact, if you not crafting at all you just pouring jelly on yourself in the harder missions/difficulties.

i just crafted myself a beast bow... but i dont have enough good schematics for other shyt... the good thing is tho ive made it this far into the game without ccrafting at all lvl12... so i atleast have a some materials saved up....

im gonna be doing the tempest thing but does anyone have experience with it... im scared that its gonna be so cheap that the game wont even be challenging... right now even on normal mode the dragons are challenging as fukk for me

Costanza

lord of the idiots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jerrys place
i just crafted myself a beast bow... but i dont have enough good schematics for other shyt... the good thing is tho ive made it this far into the game without ccrafting at all lvl12... so i atleast have a some materials saved up....

im gonna be doing the tempest thing but does anyone have experience with it... im scared that its gonna be so cheap that the game wont even be challenging... right now even on normal mode the
dragons are challenging as fukk for me

from what i hear the thousand cuts thing for rogue tempest is a glitch... im not trying to glitch my way through the game im enjoying the challenge so im gonna go assasin archer

Dolla$

Minus the bullsh*t...life's great
Daps
Gamefly just sent my copy out 2 days cant wait

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This game kinda just fell off for me. I'm at the point where my quest log is filled with all these quests I don't feel like doing, and the combat never really grabbed me. I wanna see the story through and meet this Morrigan chick though. :yeshrug:

Pretty much. Usually its the story (which not having played the other games, I don't really understand) and the combat (which is just too easy, and even when difficult, pretty shallow) that keeps you playing RPGs. Unfortunately in DAI both aspects of this game get less interesting as the game goes on.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Pretty :yeah ok: that they have it so only rogues can unlock doors and warrios can smash buildings...

Makes you have to go way out of your way to run with an all one class team...

Was outright wrecking everything in site with Viv, Dorian, Solas and myself as mages...

Got to a locked chest and had to go back and switch someone out for Cole just to unlock it :yeah ok:

Got to a door that needed to be broken and had to go back and switch cole for Blackwall just to get some gear that sucked :yeah ok:

shyt is annoying and they need to make it so that anyone can pick locks or kick down doors:yeah ok:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Pretty :yeah ok: that they have it so only rogues can unlock doors and warrios can smash buildings...

Was outright wrecking everything in site with Viv, Dorian, Solas and myself as mages...

Got to a locked chest and had to go back and switch someone out for Cole just to unlock it :yeah ok:

Got to a door that needed to be broken and had to go back and switch cole for Blackwall just to get some gear that sucked :yeah ok:

shyt is annoying and they need to make it so that anyone can pick locks or kick down doors:yeah ok:

Yeah, I think I had leave a dungeon midway for stupid shyt like that. :beli:

I tried going on a third playthrough as a rogue but I felt burnt out on the game and decided to delete it. I'll come back to it another time.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps

you do this to yourself by trying to have an all mage squad. I think trying to rely on one class should be a handicap in a game like this. there's different classes with different abilities for a reason

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Beat the game yesterday

Anyone wanna explain the Solas stuff?
be warned, these are actual 'designer notes' that were found in game files, not just some 'fan theory'

Designer's Notes: This is Flemeth from the previous two games. In this game, Flemeth's story comes to a head -- she knew that Solas would summon her, and that he would need to steal her power to further his plans. She knew that because they are both elven gods...yet Solas has slept for a thousand years and his power dwindled, while she was killed long ago and a spark escaped from her into the body she now holds. She has nurtured that spark, and knew that Solas would need it. He was once her oldest friend, but she knows in his drive to save the elven people he will kill anyone -- even her. She intends to let him have the power, so long as she can pass the essence of her god-hood onto Morrigan, a gift Flemeth had always planned for her daughter yet one Morrigan misunderstood as hostile possession.

Solas is Fen'Harel: The Dread Wolf

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Fen'Harel

although even with this info, it's hard to say exactly what happens at the end

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
you do this to yourself by trying to have an all mage squad. I think trying to rely on one class should be a handicap in a game like this. there's different classes with different abilities for a reason

A handy cap in the fights...sure...

Forcing me to use a certain class just to unlock a door a smash a wall...just a stupid way to make me play the game with certain characters...

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
A handy cap in the fights...sure...

Forcing me to use a certain class just to unlock a door a smash a wall...just a stupid way to make me play the game with certain characters...
I can kinda understand that if it's needed to progress the game. but like you said, most of the time it's just there to block "some gear that sucked". it many cases it's only your desire to find everything that's "forcing" you to use a certain class

I'm playing Wasteland 2 now, and there's separate skills for: alarm disarming, computer science ("hacking"), trap disarming, lock picking, safe cracking, and mechanical repair (edit: and "brute force" to knock down walls and shyt):damn:

Last edited:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i don't know why i bought this ole hold R2 to win bullshyt, listening to you nikkas. i've never given a fukk about any of that hobbit, elf type lore, so why did i think i'd care now. mass effect universe >>> this shyt. cant even enjoy the conversational aspects of this game cus its boring.