Dragon Age Inquisition GOTY Discussion Thread

Costanza

lord of the idiots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jerrys place
Should be able to finish this game up within the next week. Has a lot of good things going for it, but the combat and some other stuff is pretty bad.

i wouldnt say the combat is bad after playing other similar 3rd person games... just more that its very simple... if you compare this to destiny each has what the other one is missing... destiny has near flawless gameplay and controls... this has better story... literally more than 6-7x more content (im not exagerating)... but simplistic controls....

overall i can see easily why this would be game of the year to many... it is to me

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
The game is good but I think its a bit too open. I kind of wish they would allow for multiple back stories for each race instead of an elf always being from the Dalish, a dwarf that will always be from a criminal organization, a human with ties to the Chantry, etc.
are you talking about the areas? i actually love the size and scope of this game. especially after playing dragon age 2 which was ridiculously recycled. as for the lore, this is where it pales in comparison to elder scrolls. there isn't much variety or backstory with the other races, but i am intrigued about the elvish gods, deep roads and the qun. so far its been more of human fukkery that's been making thedas the shyt hole it has become:skip:.

how many hours did yall take to complete the story? im already 50 hours in, level 18 rogue and i have yet to start the empress assassination plot story mode. i try to do most missions to help me level up, but the shards and the astrawhateverthefukk can :camby:. already cleared out most missions on hinterlands, fallow mire, forbidden oasis, western approach, exalted plains. the exalted plains is officially the woat area in this game for me. not only do i hate the design, but i have missions i already fulfilled but wont complete cuz its a bugged infestation. a new stormcoast section just opened, hopefully that's where that bytchass dragon is who ran off and left a giant trying to stomp me out. already killed four dragons and i want more :demonic:plus the loot is always good.

i really wish they had a different buttons for jump and interaction - shyt gets irritating at times. and why can't i reuse or extract runes of other weapons? :shaq2:

just got done clapping cassandras cheeks :youngsabo:

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
The shards are supposed to be for the Elven temple in Forbidden Oasis. I didn't even bother with that because the rewards are not great for the effort you have to put in to collect the shards. The astrariums sometimes do give good loot.

What I have noticed is the story makes more sense if the inquisitor is an elf.

Costanza

lord of the idiots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jerrys place
are you talking about the areas? i actually love the size and scope of this game. especially after playing dragon age 2 which was ridiculously recycled. as for the lore, this is where it pales in comparison to elder scrolls. there isn't much variety or backstory with the other races, but i am intrigued about the elvish gods, deep roads and the qun. so far its been more of human fukkery that's been making thedas the shyt hole it has become:skip:.

how many hours did yall take to complete the story? im already 50 hours in, level 18 rogue and i have yet to start the empress assassination plot story mode. i try to do most missions to help me level up, but the shards and the astrawhateverthefukk can :camby:. already cleared out most missions on hinterlands, fallow mire, forbidden oasis, western approach, exalted plains. the exalted plains is officially the woat area in this game for me. not only do i hate the design, but i have missions i already fulfilled but wont complete cuz its a bugged infestation. a new stormcoast section just opened, hopefully that's where that bytchass dragon is who ran off and left a giant trying to stomp me out. already killed four dragons and i want more :demonic:plus the loot is always good.

i really wish they had a different buttons for jump and interaction - shyt gets irritating at times. and why can't i reuse or extract runes of other weapons? :shaq2:

just got done clapping cassandras cheeks :youngsabo:

at what level did u kill ur first dragon.... also do i have to go to a blacksmith or something in order to upgrade my armor... its so frustrating ihave the right pieces to upgrade my chest but it just wont equip

Ruck

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
anytime i see that glowing crytal skull i don't even bother. cuz once you highlight the shards, its on the map and that i feel like i have no choice but to get them.

Ruck

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
at what level did u kill ur first dragon.... also do i have to go to a blacksmith or something in order to upgrade my armor... its so frustrating ihave the right pieces to upgrade my chest but it just wont equip
i think i was a level 11 when i killed the hinterlands dragon. would've killed it on my first try but those little fukking dragons did me in. so the second time i took care of those little fukkers, but when she's almost down, she goes on a hill. i like dumbass went the wrong way and was wondering how the fukk to reach her so i could finish her off. finally got to her and was :blessed:

the dragon in crestwood was the toughest for me because fukking buffalos kept spawning where we were beefing and because of the battle, one of my companions would accidentally hit one and then those buffalos would come directly for me :dwillhuh:. shyt was some bullshyt.

if you want to upgrade your armor, you need to modify yourself. you need schematics tho, and then you need materials to create the schematics. once you get to skyhold you can start using runes to be incorporated with your armor or weapon.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
The shards are supposed to be for the Elven temple in Forbidden Oasis. I didn't even bother with that because the rewards are not great for the effort you have to put in to collect the shards. The astrariums sometimes do give good loot.

What I have noticed is the story makes more sense if the inquisitor is an elf.

Yeah, feels like Elf/Mage is the best playthrough.

Last edited:

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Finally started playing did it really take damn near an hour just to get to the title screen.

Ruck

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
i tried range with my bow rogue on my first playthrough, but its not for me. ive never been a mage in any fantasy rpg and i never will. idk, i just don't see the appeal with magic abilities. warriors are too fukking slow in this game, and i don't like having to rebuild and spam guard. even tho my dagger rogue has no shield, the speed and ability to evade and disappear negates that imo. plus u gots having a mage in the group with barrier so u get something. tempest brehz...

:banderas:

Ruck

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
Finally started playing did it really take damn near an hour just to get to the title screen.
lol props to u for being that patient. that happened to me too, but i didn't wait after 10 minutes. i think its a bug for newly installed game if you're connected to the internet. same shyt happened to me, but i wasn't waiting no more than 10 minutes. i knew it was something wrong, so i went on google and found out to just disconnect from internet and then it worked. i connected back online and everything is still running.

be back in a bit

All Star
Daps
This game kinda just fell off for me. I'm at the point where my quest log is filled with all these quests I don't feel like doing, and the combat never really grabbed me. I wanna see the story through and meet this Morrigan chick though. :yeshrug:

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finally beat my 1st playthrough. Dropped 85+ hours on this shyt through 3 playthroughs. Probably the most fulfilled I've been with a gaming purchase and I'm still gonna try one more playthrough.

Ruck

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
so how many times have yall used the tactile amulet that lets u respec? i be buying that shyt by the boat load :mjlol:. what are y'all companions looking like? who you letting roll with you? i always gotta have cassandra with me, then mage either dorian or solas. the last spot i switch it up. the ones that get no play is vivian and varric. vivian and her bytchass attitude and varric don't want to use no weapon but bianca :camby:

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
so how many times have yall used the tactile amulet that lets u respec? i be buying that shyt by the boat load :mjlol:. what are y'all companions looking like? who you letting roll with you? i always gotta have cassandra with me, then mage either dorian or solas. the last spot i switch it up. the ones that get no play is vivian and varric. vivian and her bytchass attitude and varric don't want to use no weapon but bianca :camby:

Bianca is raw bruh you gotta stay on your shyt and craft them upgrades. I made it my mission to keep Bianca upgraded in my latest playthrough and :wow: :wow: :banderas: Rogues can deal out ill amounts of damage if you know what you're doing, starting with crafting.

In fact, if you not crafting at all you just pouring jelly on yourself in the harder missions/difficulties.