Dragon Age Inquisition GOTY Discussion Thread

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
Yeah he's usually the first to die. Cass holds out way longer than he does. Iron Bull guzzles potions too. My Cass usually holds off on potions.

I don't like the lack of healing with magic in this game. They don't give you enough potions.

They should have given mages the ability to cast healing wards.

i doubled back and got blackwall... and hes very similar to cassandra... ive come to the conclusion that iron bull is basically like an archer in defense... hes not a tank in any way.. even when respec'ed to be

do u have to use those elfroot things to make regen potions... cause id like to have some on deck... but honestly im not with all that picking up 10 flowers ish to make one potion

I found this build on reddit and I used it to spec Iron Bull. He actually is useful and can take hits now without going through all my potions.
http://www.reddit.com/r/dragonage/comments/2n4ts6/dragon_age_inquisition_class_build_twohand/
http://www.reddit.com/r/dragonage/comments/2n4ts6/dragon_age_inquisition_class_build_twohand/

Yeah you have to use elfroot to make those potions. I don't make them often because my party members have good gear from crafting.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
do u have to use those elfroot things to make regen potions... cause id like to have some on deck... but honestly im not with all that picking up 10 flowers ish to make one potion
it's one elf root per regen potion

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Yeah regen pots are good. You can just buy a shyt ton of Elfroot anyway, and very cheap to upgrade.

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
And what's fukked up is that dude didn't have to start over if he was going to switch from Archer to Daggers. He could have just switched his weapons right?

:deadrose:
actually, i restarted so i could use the choices i made in dragon keep

yo vivienne is straight up like an uncle tom when talking about the mages... im not feelin her no more... i might go back to solas or go with dorian but he doesnt have barrier
yeah, she is a real bytch. her knight enchanter specialization is cool, but i can't stand her attitude
my one question about this game is can i just reset everyones stats and set them to what i prefer?

like if i reset sera to be a double dagger rogue... will she be as effective as she is as an archer... or do some characters have predisposed advantages....

just got to skyhold... god damn this game is 10x better than destiny real talk
u can spec any character to whatever u want - it wont hinder anything. you're a rogue right? have u decided which specialization skill you want? breh, tempest is just...:banderas:

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
:dwillhuh: Knight enchanter is overpowered as hell. I just took out three dragons solo. This build is not capable of dying.

My first play through as tempest dual rogue was a struggle. I could deal alot of damage quickly but could not take a hit. Im going to have to up the difficulty to nightmare.

Daps
Inquisitor - Warrior
Cassandra - Warrior
Dorian / Vivienne - Mage
Varric - Rogue

Cass might have to go 2 hand but Iron Bull was 2 hand and he guzzles potions like water then ends up dead when shyt hits the fan.

The B team for non-main missions is usually
Inquisitor - Warrior
Iron Bull - Warrior
Solas - Mage
Sera - Rogue

I typically never use Cole or Blackwall.
You have to use Cassandra and Iron Bull together. Otherwise Iron bull dies a lot.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
i finished my first playthrough without fighting a dragon. theres an area i know i didnt even open...

Costanza

lord of the idiots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jerrys place
u can spec any character to whatever u want - it wont hinder anything. you're a rogue right? have u decided which specialization skill you want? breh, tempest is just...:banderas:

im an archer... ive pretty much just leveled up all of the archery stats... and i will be going subterfuge next... i havent really thought about it tho... im only level 10

i have read tho that some characters have base stats that are inherent... so for example regardless of how u spec them... blackwall has more hp then iron bull... this is wat i read on reddit cannot confirm it myself.

regardless tho i found my final team in Solas, Cassandra and black wall.... i wanted to have all bytches on my team but its not viable to use sera... and vivienne has been pulling her best uncle ralphus impression when it comes to mages so fk her lol.

Im a pretty consistent gamer put in 10-20 hours a week... but i never play games over... this could be the first one i do over with a melee character... do the tempest storyline... because this game is too good

Costanza

lord of the idiots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jerrys place
i finished my first playthrough without fighting a dragon. theres an area i know i didnt even open...

yeah i dont want to this to happen so im opening everything... even if i cant complete it... it can be frustrating tho when im level 10 and they make a level 16 level available to me.. i open that and hten i have no more power left lol

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
Also create a weapon for Iron bull that generates guard on every hit, helps out alot even with my mage.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Should be able to finish this game up within the next week. Has a lot of good things going for it, but the combat and some other stuff is pretty bad.

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
The game is good but I think its a bit too open. I kind of wish they would allow for multiple back stories for each race instead of an elf always being from the Dalish, a dwarf that will always be from a criminal organization, a human with ties to the Chantry, etc.