Dragon Age Inquisition GOTY Discussion Thread

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just took a 45 minute walk to my nearest Gamestop with 60$ + tax in hand only to be turned away for not having ID :heh:

another 45 min walk home with no game:mjcry:

now im home like

full

So the game is worth a purchase I'm torn between doing a digital download of this and gta...should I get the delux or regular edition?

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
lets talk party composition... coming into the game i wanted to have my team be me and 3 bytches... i am doing alright with vivienne, cassandra and sarah... but as im an archer im gonna have to cut sarah... i also literally have no idea what she is saying... at first i thought it was a joke in the game and then i just realized... i just cant understand wtf she is saying lol... (side note: no way to turn on subtitles for the whole game)

Im thinkiing as an archer, I need two tanks... cassandra and maybe this iron bull dude im about to get... and then ill keep classy ass vivienne who i specced out fully with spirit defense shyt... so she helps out alot for that...

only mistake i made is focused cassandra completely on shield and sword not realizing that vanguard is a really important stat for tanks....
Inquisitor - Warrior
Cassandra - Warrior
Dorian / Vivienne - Mage
Varric - Rogue

Cass might have to go 2 hand but Iron Bull was 2 hand and he guzzles potions like water then ends up dead when shyt hits the fan.

The B team for non-main missions is usually
Inquisitor - Warrior
Iron Bull - Warrior
Solas - Mage
Sera - Rogue

I typically never use Cole or Blackwall.

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
lets talk party composition... coming into the game i wanted to have my team be me and 3 bytches... i am doing alright with vivienne, cassandra and sarah... but as im an archer im gonna have to cut sarah... i also literally have no idea what she is saying... at first i thought it was a joke in the game and then i just realized... i just cant understand wtf she is saying lol... (side note: no way to turn on subtitles for the whole game)

Im thinkiing as an archer, I need two tanks... cassandra and maybe this iron bull dude im about to get... and then ill keep classy ass vivienne who i specced out fully with spirit defense shyt... so she helps out alot for that...

only mistake i made is focused cassandra completely on shield and sword not realizing that vanguard is a really important stat for tanks....

With my first playthrough I tried to run a bit of everything. I was a dagger rogue so I crept on whoever hit my warrior(Cassandra) while the Mage(Viv or Dorian) did their thing, and I'd throw in an archer for balance(Sera). Worked well for the most part. But I didn't craft shyt at first so I died alot.

2nd playthrough for my Mage, I always ran two mages (me + whoever I felt like) for constant barrier spam, a warrior for DPS/Tank(Cassandra), and either another warrior(usually Iron Bull) or Cole for daggers to kinda take the pressure away from the Mages at range.

Worked out very well, esp when I ran with two Knight Enchanters(Viv + my mage).

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm currently running two mage (my character and Viv) and two warrior (Iron Bull and Cass) - do I really need a rogue?

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I started off plying on Hard. So far 1 tank with Vanguard (best of the basic trees) is killer. Combined with Sword/Shield and you can eat all day.

BasedPrime

Xbox Woe
Daps
Shout out to all my gaming brehs.

I haven't been able to play games for the last 9 months because I work 19 hours a day so give your fellow coli brethren some good X1 joints that came out in 2014. Give me 7 must have X1 joints so I can make a list and go cop tomorrow.

25hgy74.jpg

PS: You nikkas better not talk shyt about my rapist smile :ufdup:

Best RPG out now! :whoo:

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
I like Iron Bull but for a warrior he dies too fast. I tried picking talents that help his defense and he still goes down.

seem like I been fighting for years and I have yet 2 see any damn dragon

:whoa: You don't want to run up on one. Especially when you aren't prepared.

Costanza

lord of the idiots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jerrys place
i feel like ur party pretty much has to consist of 2 melee fighters (one tank usually cassandra, but two might even be better).... one barrier, defensive mage (Vivienne, solas work well but i think u could use any mage if u respec them) and then one other range either archer or mage....

but that last spot i guess could go either way... iron bull is not bad... but he never says interesting shyt while playing... sera and cassandra actually say some cool shyt to each other... but i dont think my original team of sera, cassandra and vivienne.... with me as an archer would ever work....

but god damn i love this game... i never and i mean NEVER do sidequests in videogames i just bangem out... but ive been doing that shyt now...

does anyone know where i can get a streamlined version of the DA story up until this point... justina seems like a bad bytch