Dragon Age Inquisition GOTY Discussion Thread

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
by barrier yall talking bout them spells under spirit magic right? :lupe:
For sure, brother. Thats it. Its an AOE(Area of Effect) spell. You get to choose where you want to put down your barrier, and friendlies that are within that space get the protection. It is there to counter the limitation on potions. You just gotta level up one of your companion mages to have it, or if you are the only mage in the group you like to run around with, you need to have it yourself.

Side note, one of my biggest complaints, and something that honestly will knock it down a half point for me is the limitation on ability slots. Its not just this game, but the consolization of RPGs in general is pissing me off. DAO had a ton of slots you could fill. More than youd need. DA2 had like 10-12. Now DAI only gives you 8 ability slots. It sucks because you use a spell for a specific moment. I have like 10-11 spells that I use continuously. Its just really disappointing that Bioware would do that to us who have been here from the beginning, the PC GAMERS. We made their name. Gave them their fandom. You'd think that even if they're attempting to cater to consoles, they wouldn't let that hinder their final product for PC. But whatever. Not a game ending deal. I can switch the spells around. Its just that there's no need for that limitation.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
BTW, still my GOTY. RPGOTG(so far). Sure TW3 will have something to say about that if it fixes the abysmal combat. Even if they don't, the world might just be enough to suck me in. I love party RPGs though. I like interacting with the people who are going through the shyt with you. Its why I LOVED Divinity and how it took a different sort of spin on it with the arguments and disagreements over what to do in a situation. I'd love to see that put into these higher budgeted games. Bioware needs to just absorb them nikkas who made that game, because they're onto some real shyt. RPGs are about to be NUUUUUUUUTS this gen. Thinka bout all the content, and all the massive areas in this game.

Yo.

THIS IS A CROSS GEN GAME.

We aint seen nothing.

I can't wait tilll years down the road when shyt like Cyberpunk 2077 comes out. Or the next Deus Ex. :whew:

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
BTW, anyone who was a DA:O junkie, like me, I know you're LOVING this game. All the characters that they throw in there at you. The side missions at the War Table with Zevran. Just little shyt with that. I love it so much.

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I'm a console RPGer at heart. Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Xenogears & XenoSaga :banderas:

But I rock with party RPGs. I think way back in the day I played Icewind Dale and Neverwinter Nights

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I'm a console RPGer at heart. Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Xenogears & XenoSaga :banderas:

But I rock with party RPGs. I think way back in the day I played Icewind Dale and Neverwinter Nights
More like you're a JRPG fan :yeshrug:

You haven't been tested too much in the WRPG area, so how bout you swing for the fences wit this one. PM me nikka and I'll send you 5 dolla paypal if you prove you bought it

And talk to me bout the game :mjcry:

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
lol I don't have it yet. I posted before but I'm coppin a PS4 very soon and getting this game. The youtube videos make the game look boring but I think it's just the people I watch. Either way I need to get back into RPGs (best genre)

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
You went 9 levels without a barrier :dahell:

This. That is crazy town. I play as mage and don't use barrier but always have Dorian or Viv have one with me

:mjcry: Well now I know.

That barrier shyt is so fukking helpful, no wonder I've been struggling. I'm in Crestwood right now and closed the cave rift that was fukking up the town. I didn't even have to use barrier or potions down there :russ: I found a lightning staff that's beast mode and I'm taking ice rays to the chest but my health bar stay full. I had to check the stats to my armor and I realized a lot of the modifications and crafting I've done to it were magic defense and cold resistance :whew:

I need to give these things more attention.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Side note, one of my biggest complaints, and something that honestly will knock it down a half point for me is the limitation on ability slots. Its not just this game, but the consolization of RPGs in general is pissing me off. DAO had a ton of slots you could fill. More than youd need. DA2 had like 10-12. Now DAI only gives you 8 ability slots. It sucks because you use a spell for a specific moment. I have like 10-11 spells that I use continuously. Its just really disappointing that Bioware would do that to us who have been here from the beginning, the PC GAMERS. We made their name. Gave them their fandom. You'd think that even if they're attempting to cater to consoles, they wouldn't let that hinder their final product for PC. But whatever. Not a game ending deal. I can switch the spells around. Its just that there's no need for that limitation.
the UI sucks in general, especially for PC. inventory management is a mess. you can't even put something into a container. that really sucks when you're inventory is full, and you just want to make some space

Divinity on the other hand had real good inventory management. you could have windows for two different characters, a loot crate, and that barrel over there, and just drag-and-drop shyt between them with no problem. Divinity also had multiple quickbars (ability slots) for each character

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I gotta put this out there cuz I really want to play this game and I feel like I'm missing out. Where is the goddamn patch for pc? It's been 2 fukking weeks and not 1 single patch :wtf:

I thought bioware was better than this :snoop:

At least Ubi is trying with ACU. It's not working, but at least they're trying.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I gotta put this out there cuz I really want to play this game and I feel like I'm missing out. Where is the goddamn patch for pc? It's been 2 fukking weeks and not 1 single patch :wtf:

I thought bioware was better than this :snoop:

At least Ubi is trying with ACU. It's not working, but at least they're trying.
all platforms are waiting for a patch. they should push it through on Origin, but they're probably waiting to patch everything the same day... for "parity" :skip:

:snoop:

edit: and I think it's mostly on nvidia to fix SLI issues

Last edited:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
all platforms are waiting for a patch. they should push it through on Origin, but they're probably waiting to patch everything the same day... for "parity" :skip:

:snoop:
fukking parity breh. It's killing us :mjcry:

I just wanna play this fukking game. It's the best game out, and shyt is fukked up in sli and it's not fixable (at least not on my end) right now :mjcry:

I guess it's just a waiting game :manny:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
fukking parity breh. It's killing us :mjcry:

I just wanna play this fukking game. It's the best game out, and shyt is fukked up in sli and it's not fixable (at least not on my end) right now :mjcry:

I guess it's just a waiting game :manny:
peep my edit. I think you're waiting on nvidia to fix SLI. they have to update the game's profile or whatever

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
peep my edit. I think you're waiting on nvidia to fix SLI. they have to update the game's profile or whatever
Nvidia is normally good about this shyt. What are they doing? :mjcry:

I guess to be fair it is a really busy time of year and there are a lot of problems with a lot of games right now.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Nvidia is normally good about this shyt. What are they doing? :mjcry:

I guess to be fair it is a really busy time of year and there are a lot of problems with a lot of games right now.
yeah, it's probably the same shyt where they're trying to cram a bunch of shyt into their next driver