Dragon Age Inquisition GOTY Discussion Thread

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
just finished In Hushed Whispers (the mage quest)

King Alistair came through at the end :blessed:

told the mages :ufdup:

the shyt that went down in that mission was crazy. this game is really turning it up :whew:

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )
Last night I was playing at the storm coast, doing some quest I don't even remember, when suddenly I see a GIANT putting the beats on a fvkking DRAGON :wow:

So epic, at the end the Giant won, tho the Dragon looked kinda disinterested when he noticed that the Giant wasn't backing down

Shxt looked like a cross between WWE and a Godzilla video game :pachaha:

I killed the giant. You don't really get anything good though which sucks.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I'm having a hard time finding a statuette to progress through this Ball mission. :beli:

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
I'm having a hard time finding a statuette to progress through this Ball mission. :beli:

Climb up that shyt in the garden and make a right. You'll find a key or some shyt that will lead to a door that has the statuette. After that the mission should be a straight shot of fukkery. :troll:

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Ran into my first dragon in Crestwood.

Cassandra: "A dragon. I suppose we must fight it. :birdman: "

Me:
mike-woodson-reaction.gif

Kept running and didn't look back.
Dragon didn't even bother attacking.
:mjlol:

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
For my gully DAI brehs. This thread might not be floated for much longer, but I appreciate all the fun we've been having talking about it. This is one of my most anticipated games of all time, if not the most. And to be honest, for the most part, its completley satisfied me. Here's some of my thoughts on it though.

At 34 hrs on this character. 70 Hours overall over characters I started and bullshytted with. Highest 2 other characters are level 9 and 7, respectively, and my current one is level 13. I wasted a lot of time until I realized my Ozymandias look a like was a keeper. I don't wanna jump the gun, and I know some of ya'll might call me a fanboy, but I am a huge fan of this series. And honestly, this is probably better so far than I could have expected as a true sequel to DA:O. I am absolutely head over hills in love with this game. I know it has faults. Actually, let me bytch about the game for a minute before I act like its a godsend.

I know the tactical camera is ass. When i played DA:O on hard, I used it in a majority of my battles. Its not fun to use in this one, and I'm hoping that the mod community will have a hand in correcting that if Bioware decides not to. What other faults? Might seem nitpicky, but I absolutly.....ABSOLUTELY hate that your companions disappear when you ride your mount. I understand the practicality of it. The AI of the horses for all 3 compainons following you throughout your journey, I feel like that would take a bit from the resoursces. But fukk that. This is the
NEXT GEN

I expect more. Thats mostly prestentation/production value type shyt. Gameplay wise I actually dislike how if you're a Knight Enchanter you pretty much can't die. I dislike how it has one move, and if you intend to be a KE you pretty much are saying you're okay with button mash to win type gameplay.

I hate that Sera is kinda interesting, but just a crap character. I haven't disliked a character so much in a while, and its mostly because of her face. Her gameplay icon on the left is really dope, but shes just an ugly bish with a shytty attitude towards mages to boot.

But overall, I feel lost in this world when I'm playing it. I only truly get upset when playing this game when I know I have to go do something else. When I'm playing it, the companions draw me back in when I'm starting to lose a bit of focus. When I'm starting to drag a bit while playing. Their banter and random responses/missions keep me on my toes and encourage me to look around. Not just look around, but travel with various characters. I dont think I've ever played a companion based RPG where I've eagerly explored places with literally every character on my roster. None of my character ever need to be leveled up more than 1 or 2 because I go through phases where I fukk with all of them.

I just love this game and the amount of interesting shyt it throws at me on the regular.

Review in progress. I'll try to post an unbiased decent written review after I finish the main story. But this game has so much goddamn content, I may not finish until a date that ends in 2015.

And I won't even be mad. :yeshrug:

And if you're thinking about buying it, stop bullshytting and COP. You spent 70 hours in Skyrim? Time to top that nikka :myman:

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
For my gully DAI brehs. This thread might not be floated for much longer, but I appreciate all the fun we've been having talking about it. This is one of my most anticipated games of all time, if not the most. And to be honest, for the most part, its completley satisfied me. Here's some of my thoughts on it though.

At 34 hrs on this character. 70 Hours overall over characters I started and bullshytted with. Highest 2 other characters are level 9 and 7, respectively, and my current one is level 13. I wasted a lot of time until I realized my Ozymandias look a like was a keeper. I don't wanna jump the gun, and I know some of ya'll might call me a fanboy, but I am a huge fan of this series. And honestly, this is probably better so far than I could have expected as a true sequel to DA:O. I am absolutely head over hills in love with this game. I know it has faults. Actually, let me bytch about the game for a minute before I act like its a godsend.

I know the tactical camera is ass. When i played DA:O on hard, I used it in a majority of my battles. Its not fun to use in this one, and I'm hoping that the mod community will have a hand in correcting that if Bioware decides not to. What other faults? Might seem nitpicky, but I absolutly.....ABSOLUTELY hate that your companions disappear when you ride your mount. I understand the practicality of it. The AI of the horses for all 3 compainons following you throughout your journey, I feel like that would take a bit from the resoursces. But fukk that. This is the
NEXT GEN

I expect more. Thats mostly prestentation/production value type shyt. Gameplay wise I actually dislike how if you're a Knight Enchanter you pretty much can't die. I dislike how it has one move, and if you intend to be a KE you pretty much are saying you're okay with button mash to win type gameplay.

I hate that Sera is kinda interesting, but just a crap character. I haven't disliked a character so much in a while, and its mostly because of her face. Her gameplay icon on the left is really dope, but shes just an ugly bish with a shytty attitude towards mages to boot.

But overall, I feel lost in this world when I'm playing it. I only truly get upset when playing this game when I know I have to go do something else. When I'm playing it, the companions draw me back in when I'm starting to lose a bit of focus. When I'm starting to drag a bit while playing. Their banter and random responses/missions keep me on my toes and encourage me to look around. Not just look around, but travel with various characters. I dont think I've ever played a companion based RPG where I've eagerly explored places with literally every character on my roster. None of my character ever need to be leveled up more than 1 or 2 because I go through phases where I fukk with all of them.

I just love this game and the amount of interesting shyt it throws at me on the regular.

Review in progress. I'll try to post an unbiased decent written review after I finish the main story. But this game has so much goddamn content, I may not finish until a date that ends in 2015.

And I won't even be mad. :yeshrug:

And if you're thinking about buying it, stop bullshytting and COP. You spent 70 hours in Skyrim? Time to top that nikka :myman:
Does each companion have their own quest?

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Loving but this game, but there a couple of things that bother me.

1)

All the gathering of herbs and seeds. At times, it feels like I'm playing a farming simulator.
Crafting is a staple in RPGs (for better or worse.) I know that.
I can't recall a game that was this out of control with it.
It's gotten to the point where that unless it's essential to have, I pass.
Upgrading potions and discovering new ones would be fine, but I'm not going on a pilgrimage and a hike to do so.
Sorry, Bioware.

2)

I'm all for turning the player loose and allowing them to tackle things at their speed.
That's why I love games like this, Skyrim, Fallout, GTA, ect.
However, too many times the game has been entirely too vague with what the next move should be.
I've had to turn to the internet more times with this for direction than any game I can remember in the last two years.
Just a recent example.
Doing a specialization quest so I can essentially become a full fledged Assassin build. The last objective says, verbatim, "Craft The Knife"
Cool.
Head to the Undercroft, but I can't craft the knife. Why?
Because Bioware inexplicably omitted the rather important tidbit that you don't craft the knife as you would a weapon -
despite that being precisely what the Journal tells you to do.
No, you craft the knife at the Requisitions table.
Would have been great to know from the onset.

18heur1z2xqvogif.gif

Stuff like that is annoying but thus far, the positives outweigh the negatives.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
You seen the one on the Storm Coast? :damn:

Spent a good 8 minutes on that bullshyt

:mjcry: I just finished the astrariums in Storm Coast. The first one I did down south was easy. The Maiden and The Oak one though... That was some fukked up shyt, I didn't think I would be able to finish it. Had to pull out pencil and paper to trace. :deadmanny:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
The Dragon in Storm Coast and another electric type :mjcry:

First time I had to retreat. I can't face that beast with what I have right now.

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )

Good post and yea this. My gripes wit the game:
- Inventory system is complete bullshyt. Don't have me collecting all this shyt and have to trash it almost immediately. No fukking stashbox and extra inventory is a perk :beli:
- Bioware still has the worst character creation. Even after Dragon's Dogma let you basically create anything and most recently Destiny had some cool looking shyt.
- Rogue class seems left behind. I wrecked shyt as a rogue in DA:O and now this shyt is gimped as fukk. It sucks.
- No Mabari hound :mjcry:

Everything else I love. Big world and good story with great companions which is what DA is about.