Draft to be your franchise player , Duncan, Kobe, or Shaq?

Curtis Nightfish

▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
Kobe.

Talking about building a franchise. Kobe won ships and yet transcended basketball.

Google: Kobe in China and get this:
kobe_with_chinese_fans2.jpg

Google: Tim Duncan in China and get this:
san-antonio-spurs-center-mengke-bateer-of-china-practices-with-tim-picture-id51666810

green-td.jpg

FOH :hhh:

fishfry600

All Star
Daps
The big fundamental Tim Duncan
1.came in the league ready to go
2. played with what he had and never complain or bring his teammates down
3. great offence and defensive player
4.no of the court issue
5.humble
6.never requested to be traded

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
This right here. Shaq is the most dominate big man of all time. But he was lazy and didn't have the drive. Kobe had that drive and always kept his team in a position to win games. Not to mention he was loyal. I'm going with Kobe.
Lazy and no drive but was MVP status almost every year. Got some dumb ass nyggas online.

Not even a real question..The two people u start a team from scratch in the last 30 years is Shaq or Jordan..everyone is just fitting in at best.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Disagree

All it takes is finding one good not great big to pair with Kobe and its instant title contention

With Duncan it took a HOF front office with a HOF coach with multiple HOF players to sustain similar title contention

I'd rather have to find 1 guy than a cast of guys.
That mentality is starting from behind..wasting money and time. Kobe came in as a sidekick player so he damn isn' tthe one u kick it off with.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Duncan rarely got injured and played 100%. Shaq was the most dominant of all time until he got fat and uninterested. Plus he stayed injured when he was ring chasing after Miami
If there was no Jordan, he would of ended up with like 9 rings

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
shaq if you got a top 2 sg to pair with.

Duncan if you satisfied just getting to the playoffs.

Kobe if you going for championships.

QuintessentialBM

GoldenAgeGamer82 - PSN ID
Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
Kobe no question.....

Shaq's legacy would mirror his whole career in Orlando if he had never met Phil and Kobe. He was that lazy. I love Shaq, but his drive & ambition didn't match his talent.

It's kinda not fair to compare perimeter players vs front court players, but in the case of Kobe vs Duncan, Kobe was the difference in all of their matchups except the first one, when Kobe and Shaq made their first playoff appearance as Lakers. In Kobe's athletic prime, he was shutting down his peers defensively and STILL dropped 25-30ppg. This doesn't mean Duncan was a terrible player; he was a great one.... the only other big man that I'd rate over him that I've seen in my lifetime is Hakeem Olajuwon.

Duncan was more successful because Shaq was lazy. Kobe and Shaq could have written their legacy together and their wouldn't be a Tim Duncan, and quite possibly a Gregg Popovich legacy either.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Shaq if we were going on basketball talent alone, but Duncan for the intangibles. He's going to be the center of your offense, your defense, provide your team leadership, maintain incredible consistency for nearly 20 years, and you will never have to deal with any immature shyt from him.

With Shaq the up and downs are just too likely.

shaq if you got a top 2 sg to pair with.

Duncan if you satisfied just getting to the playoffs.

Kobe if you going for championships.

Duncan has 5 titles and 3 Finals MVPs.

Last edited: