Draft to be your franchise player , Duncan, Kobe, or Shaq?

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Shaq if we were going on basketball talent alone, but Duncan for the intangibles. He's going to be the center of your offense, your defense, provide your team leadership, maintain incredible consistency for nearly 20 years, and you will never have to deal with any immature shyt from him.

With Shaq the up and downs are just too likely.

Duncan has 5 titles and 3 Finals MVPs, dumbass.
and it took the Lakers completely falling off for him to get that, stupid.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
I guess Gasol is "dominant" now :laff:

How many playoffs wins does Kobe have without Gasol?

Titles without Gasol?

People act like Pau wasn't taking Memphis to at least the playoffs ever year he was there :mjlol:

Something you know...Kobe couldn't do by himself in a Lakers jersey :mjgrin:

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Really depends on the time period.

If they all appeared in today's perimeter oriented game I'd pick Kobe first. His combination of scoring, playmaking and defense is still all-time great and would be amplifoed today.

In the 00's probably Shaq.

Duncan at #2 in either era still a surefire win though. His skillset would've been a little different in today's game but he'd still be amazing...

...so maybe its really Duncan. :patrice:

Daps
Shaq on weight watchers. If he stayed at his Orlando fitness probably wins 2-4 more with SnitchBe. Otherwise St. Croix's Finest.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Prime forms or the forms available through the 2000s? If the former, Shaq. If the latter, Duncan.

Edit: I don't think it fair to call Shaq a mercenary when the only team he truly left during his best years was Orlando. He was traded from LA and Miami.

Last edited:

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
Shaq is easily the most physically dominant player I've ever seen in any sport vs his peers when he was in his prime.

Duncan is more accomplished and Kobe as well. But if I'm runnig a horrible franchise like the Knicks and all three prospects were available next draft and I'm picking #1, Shaq no question.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Your a idiot

:mjgrin: i can post plenty clips of Kobe destroying the spurs.

:bryan: bu, bu, but Tim got 50 win teams, he always made the playoffs.

50 win teams year after year and only got 5 rings? that's legendary shyt no doubt, but i can't pick you over the nikka who got there faster than you while also wasting several years in trash teams.

kobe on 50 win teams you probably getting to the finals. Tim on a 50 win team you might get to the finals... or you might get knocked out first round. :manny:

DrexlersFade

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:mjgrin: i can post plenty clips of Kobe destroying the spurs.

:bryan: bu, bu, but Tim got 50 win teams, he always made the playoffs.

50 win teams year after year and only got 5 rings? that's legendary shyt no doubt, but i can't pick you over the nikka who got there faster than you while also wasting several years in trash teams.

kobe on 50 win teams you probably getting to the finals. Tim on a 50 win team you might get to the finals... or you might get knocked out first round. :manny:
You saying a bunch of if's and like you said the Lakers fell off a cliff no falling for Tim

Daps
How many playoffs wins does Kobe have without Gasol?

Titles without Gasol?

People act like Pau wasn't taking Memphis to at least the playoffs ever year he was there :mjlol:

Something you know...Kobe couldn't do by himself in a Lakers jersey :mjgrin:

The thing is... Pau wasn't takin Memphis to the playoffs every year.... the grizzles made the playoffs once and got swept.

Kobe made the playoffs both years before Gasol got there and managed to win 4 games those two series. The Lakers were also sitting at the top of the West when they traded for Pau.

Do you nikkas even think before you type? :gucci:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
shaq if you got a top 2 sg to pair with.

Duncan if you satisfied just getting to the playoffs.

Kobe if you going for championships.

Duncan has 5 titles and 3 Finals MVPs, dumbass.

and it took the Lakers completely falling off for him to get that, stupid.

What are you even arguing? You claimed that Duncan is for "just getting to the playoffs", yet he has just as many rings as Kobe, MORE rings as the team leader than Kobe, and MORE rings as the Finals MVP than Kobe. Your claim was completely nonsensical.

And Duncan's titles came in 1999, 2003, 2005, 2007, and 2014.

Kobe was a Laker for ALL of those.

So the Lakers were completely falling off regularly over a 16-year span despite Kobe's presence on the team...and that's supposed to be points for Kobe? :mjlol:

Now your argument is: "But Kobe's bad years were worse than Duncan's bad years!" :mindblown:

Kobe had stacked teams in 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013. FOURTEEN seasons of stacked teams should be enough for anyone. Yet only 5 titles.

And he helped CREATE the trash years, first from 2005-2007 by being uncoachable and not getting along with Phil or Shaq, helping drive them both out with shytty compensation. Then in 2014-2016 by being an ornery injury-prone old guy who couldn't play worth shyt but commanded the biggest contract in the NBA and destroyed young player development by just launching shyt and not playing any D for three trash years.

How are 2005-2007 and 2014-2016 points for wanting Kobe on your team? :heh:

Last edited:

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Duncan had more seasons as the team leader to get more rings.

Kobe won damn near the same amount of rings with significantly less years as the guy.