Dr. Watkins Speaks On Empire/Media Propaganda (NEW)

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Check out the 1:13 mark. Peep how the 3 goofballs on the left react to the clip of two black women fighting.They have no idea that this is the image that our enemy WANTS in the mainstream. Media propaganda is the MOST EFFECTIVE tool being used right now against us. It is keeping stereotypes alive. Its continuing the self-hate mentallity thats already amongst our community also. Most visual and audio representing blacks are NOT in a positive light. It is NOT "just entertainment". Most of us are unaware of what media propaganda is. Hence the 3 cheerleaders on the left. Its kind of frustrating being "aware" of things like this as a black man because everyone else is so blind and lost. It was kind of hard watching this clip. Im sure Dr. Watkins felt like an alien being the only one conscious of whats REALLY going on

Does TV's Empire poorly portray African Americans CNN Video:

Nischelle Turner is cute.

CodeBlaMeVi

Supporter
Daps
I do not have an issue with that scene. Their snide remarks towards one another caused it to happened. White chicks fight too, you know. That shyt is light. 67 percent of underemployment for blacks with a bs/ba is problematic.

Daps
Reppin
VOID
Will Smith has been in the industry forever and in his latest role he's a criminal/thief/con artist teaching a clueless white girl how to become a better pickpocket as he's the master of the "art"

Denzel Washington played Malcolm X...and got an oscar for playing a crooked cop.

tumblr_n7peb8lVeo1qfr9wro1_500.gif

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
5-10 years from now, they'll be 0.

there should be zero Black shows, we have to make too many concessions and compromises to be on these shows in the first place.

I do not have an issue with that scene. Their snide remarks towards one another caused it to happened. White chicks fight too, you know. That shyt is light. 67 percent of underemployment for blacks with a bs/ba is problematic.

White people do it too is a terrible excuse, Black people are not white, things Black people do are not viewed the same as when White people do them.

would you, a Black person, talk to the police like this, why or why not?

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
It gives me a headache too.

The comparison cannot be made. And should not. White people always judged individually. We're always judged as a group.

So then why give a shyt about the effect of Empire.

You was a ****** when the Cosby show was on.

You a ****** now that Scandal is on.

What makes this show so detrimental?

CodeBlaMeVi

Supporter
Daps
there should be zero Black shows, we have to make too many concessions and compromises to be on these shows in the first place.

White people do it too is a terrible excuse, Black people are not white, things Black people do are not viewed the same as when White people do them.

would you, a Black person, talk to the police like this, why or why not?

All I am saying is this is a nonfactor. Unimportant to race for prosperity.

aaaaaaa

Banned
Daps
You have a tendency to sort of talk past people and doggedly stick to your talking points. Im saying that a show like empire fits into the broader american culture, and displays the sorts of themes that make money and draw eyeballs in the entertainment mediums.

Don't be silly. Black people have an image problem and shows like this contribute greatly to that problem. The last thing we need is more hoodrat cat fights on TV.

And this whole "A different world" claptrap is making my eyes roll. Do you know what the black murder rate and crime rates were during the late 80s and 90s? It was astronomical. Obviously a different world wasnt having any sort of tangible positive impact.

Why are you comparing a TV show to murder rate and acting like that's even an argument.

Black people, or anyone else, arent getting their self-esteem and pride from a damn t.v show. Thats just overly simplistic nonsense that doesnt reflect day-to-day realities in the real world.

You're either being disingenuous or are very ignorant.

Daps
Reppin
VOID
He's purposefully leaving out the context of black peoples history in America. Context is key. For instance the movies about Egypt portraying whites. In the context that white people lie that they weren't black it makes the movie much more damaging. White people portray us as bad people who made our own situation bad but, leave out the context of slavery, Jim crow, redlining, race riots, etc. So when a TV show with those same qualities are portrayed they have a more damaging effect. If we were all on equal footing this would obviously be a non issue.
Also, another thing that was convientely left out...we DON"T CONTROL OUR OWN MEDIA!

I betcha you could fit all of the prominent black people in the entertainment industry who work behind the scenes in a small room. That's one of the many problems presented here. Trying to avoid these points and acting like we've made these shows or greenlighted them is facetious.

Schmoove

All Star
Daps
They might as well have gaveled that man down like an unruly person in a courtroom :scust:

Daps
Reppin
VOID
Daps
Reppin
VOID
propaganda is very important, there are many white people who's only interaction with Black people is via a television screen.
Forget that we're only 13% of the country's population brehs.

Forget that there are towns in America with people that have never seen a black person in their lives brehs.

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also, another thing that was convientely left out...we DON"T CONTROL OUR OWN MEDIA!

I betcha you could fit all of the prominent black people in the entertainment industry who work behind the scenes in a small room. That's one of the many problems presented here. Trying to avoid these points and acting like we've made these shows or greenlighted them is facetious.
Yep I tried to explain that the owner of the TV station is a racist and it was conveniently skipped over :mjpls:

Watch next they gonna be like what are you doing for the black community. Then I will make them feel dumb and defensive by telling them.