Dr. Watkins Speaks On Empire/Media Propaganda (NEW)

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships
twinkie cnn announcer two low self esteem hair hat wearing sisters, one in the clip and one being interviewed and ratchet behavior abound.

the ancestors are not smiling down on this situation.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
My assumptions are true and I don't care if you want to verify what I assume or not so save the blabbering. You putting in work on the coli typing not IRL but bullshyt with that if you like. I'm not delusional at all and we all supposed to love ourselves so maybe I am full of myself so :yeshrug:. What efforts? You are funny your efforts aren't currently big enough for you to worry about them being wasted. That's not whats its all about anyway (its about showing others how its done and they then decide what to do with it for better or worse) but keep up with this fugazy stuff you kicking. Also stop making up shyt nobody said you can do it alone. What fukking failure school let you pass through with your shytty comprehension skills? I've already said that nobody can do it alone but you keep on mentioning this stupidity.
Yea you keep on thinking your assumptiins are true.

Your posts are a waste and do nothing to help.

If you know that nobody can do it alone then why are you whining about me asking for help lol.

You can't even see how stupid you sound

BiggWebb79

You Don't Have The Answers...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elm City
Here's some shows that's on Tv. The success of Empire and Black'ish will bring more shows to mainstream televison. That's how Mike Epps and Nia Long got the Uncle Buck show coming and Morris Chestnut having his own show coming.
TheSoulMan-5001.jpg
tv-one-belles.jpg
the-rickey-smiley-morning-show-cast.jpeg

fatal_show_nohead.jpg

unsung_logo2012-wide.jpg

TV_ONE_hero.jpg

family-time.jpg

onelove.jpeg

forever-jones-reality-TV-SHOW.jpg

12425501-new-xtreme-sounds-television-on-bounce-tv.jpg

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Yea you keep on thinking your assumptiins are true.

Your posts are a waste and do nothing to help.

If you know that nobody can do it alone then why are you whining about me asking for help lol.

You can't even see how stupid you sound
Your posts are also waste and don't do shyt either FOH. There's a difference between people actually doing something asking for help and people like you asking for help while ding jack shyt. I know (well actually I'm just assuming) the school just passed you through but you had to learn some sort of nuances between things.

Londilon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Will Smith has been in the industry forever and in his latest role he's a criminal/thief/con artist teaching a clueless white girl how to become a better pickpocket as he's the master of the "art"

yell "where are all the black people at" and then proceed to to only fukk with cacs to break the law in a movie script, brehs.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
can you expound on this statement a bit?

Seeing positive images of blacks via television is not going to do anything for our plight. The fact that we can't see a TV show simply as entertainment without trying to ascribe some life saving, cultural, or social value to it is indicative of a much, much bigger issue.........

We call each other c00ns when we portray stereotypes in certain genres, and give praise\accolades to non blacks who play the same roles.....

Plenty of Scorsese, Sopranos, Goodfellas, fans up in here...but if those casts were all black, yall would be ashamed of them.... you don't see the mental irony of that?

Non Blacks get their narratives about blacks from authority figures(government, police, courts, etc) and sensationalized social issues that are spinned via news outlets to promote and perpetuate an agenda....

A TV show full of fukkery is the least of our worries......

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
Your posts are also waste and don't do shyt either FOH. There's a difference between people actually doing something asking for help and people like you asking for help while ding jack shyt. I know (well actually I'm just assuming) the school just passed you through but you had to learn some sort of nuances between things.
I am doing my part and it's going nicely.

Whether or not you believe me is your problem not mine.

So damn emotional

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Here's some shows that's on Tv. The success of Empire and Black'ish will bring more shows to mainstream televison. That's how Mike Epps and Nia Long got the Uncle Buck show coming and Morris Chestnut having his own show coming.
TheSoulMan-5001.jpg
tv-one-belles.jpg
the-rickey-smiley-morning-show-cast.jpeg

fatal_show_nohead.jpg

unsung_logo2012-wide.jpg

TV_ONE_hero.jpg

family-time.jpg

onelove.jpeg

forever-jones-reality-TV-SHOW.jpg

12425501-new-xtreme-sounds-television-on-bounce-tv.jpg

Yup.....and if these shows do well, you'll see CBS, FX, AMC, Bravo, etc scheming to cash in on that 18-45 year old black demographic

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Seeing positive images of blacks via television is not going to do anything for our plight. The fact that we can't see a TV show simply as entertainment without trying to ascribe some life saving, cultural, or social value to it is indicative of a much, much bigger issue.........

We call each other c00ns when we portray stereotypes in certain genres, and give praise\accolades to non blacks who play the same roles.....

Plenty of Scorsese, Sopranos, Goodfellas, fans up in here...but if those casts were all black, yall would be ashamed of them.... you don't see the mental irony of that?

Non Blacks get their narratives about blacks from authority figures(government, police, courts, etc) and sensationalized social issues that are spinned via news outlets to promote and perpetuate an agenda....

A TV show full of fukkery is the least of our worries......

do you believe propaganda can be used to shape perceptions of groups of people, even if that propaganda is "entertainment"?

movies and media were very instrumental in the genocide of Jewish people.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
do you believe propaganda can be used to shape perceptions of groups of people, even if that propaganda is "entertainment"?

movies and media were very instrumental in the genocide of Jewish people.

ABSOLUTELY!!!!! And it was very effective for a long ass time, and still is, just in different ways.

But propaganda is the most dangerous against the voiceless, and that's not the case here. There have been countless positive shows about blacks, and another poster posted some up and coming shows as well....But positivity does not make great news stories....Never has

Empire is hot as fukk right now and is a juicy news story because of its meteoric rise and mostly black cast.... Its a media platform's dream and a news\talk show producer should be able to make it an enticing topic of discussion....

Now here's the game.... Dr. Boyce knows this as well, and he's doing the same thing these big media outlets are doing to gain viewers for his youtube channel so it can be monetized...

Cause if he was really concerned about positive images on the screen, he would stay championing and big uppin the few positive black TV shows that are being aired......you have to campaign for the balance that you want if its not there.......That's the way its always been...

Its easy to attack Empire, cause at the end of the day, you can't damage it and its not going anywhere because of the money its generating.... Its a win win for the people who get on their soapbox and denounce it, and for those who praise its entertainment value....... cause the popularity of the show will get your voice heard

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I swear it seem like people just naming off shows yall probably dont even watch. Fresh off the boat"with all hip hop referencees" have more black viewers than blackish

This shyt most of us watch with black actors/black ppl at the forefront

Being mary jane
Tyler perry shows
scandals
housewife atlanta
hip hip ny etc

:dahell:

1. We were talking about black major network shows, not shows on black stations or reality shows. (Scandal isn't a black show necessarily)

2. Dude said he wanted to see a black show with positive black characters ie balance, the other black show on television has that. Literally the definition of balance.

3. I love Blackish and been championing it since episode one. It's a very well done black sitcom, with jokes that resonate with black people, without c00ning or making us "look bad". The show was a surprise hit for ABC and originally sparked the stupid question of whether black shows can succeed. Until Empire came and crushed the buildings, hurting Blackish's ratings because they ran at the same time, because SURPRISE, they have the same audience. (Dramas pretty much always outperform sitcoms).