Dr. Watkins Speaks On Empire/Media Propaganda (NEW)

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yall cats sitting in here acting like a 2015 version of the Cosby show is going to do numbers....

Quit fooling yourselves and stop allowing white people to make yall ashamed of yourselves....:rudy:

Breh, we're not fukking ashamed. We don't want harmful images of us in the media with no balance. Explain how I'm ashamed. Go ahead explain that. Not wanting harmful images in the media = being ashamed of your self. The fukk? :dahell:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh, we're not fukking ashamed. We don't want harmful images of us in the media with no balance. Explain how I'm ashamed. Go ahead explain that. Not wanting harmful images in the media = being ashamed of your self. The fukk? :dahell:

Whose lens are you looking at these fictional characters through that has yall so offended? :sas1:

We love it in rap lyrics, and obviously we love it on screen too?

There has been a wild assortment of positive black sitcoms over the last 30 years.....

The thing is, that was then, this is now.... as America delves deeper into its hedonistic nature, positivity is going to by the wayside....

Outside of sitcoms\dramas that are doing well like Big Bang, 2 Men, and a few law and police shows, Reality TV is killing it right now.....

Yall are here pointing the finger at white execs when the reality is tens of millions of brothers and sisters love this types of ish...

So whose really to blame(if there's any), and who can you be truly mad at? Yall making it sound like the white establishment are our parents and we're completely dependent on them to shape our ethics and moral compass.....:smh:

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
I already do my part.

Your always assuming bullshyt
I "assume" cause truth be told your words don't match with what most who actually do those things do. Maybe you're just an outlier but I'd bet on you not being one so :yeshrug: assume I shall continue to due. Have a great day my friend.

Edit: If you creating these types of shows already why don't you direct us to them instead of sounding like you begging for somebody else to do something?

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Whose lens are you looking at these fictional characters through that has yall so offended? :sas1:

We love it in rap lyrics, and obviously we love it on screen too?

There has been a wild assortment of positive black sitcoms over the last 30 years.....

The thing is, that was then, this is now.... as America delves deeper into its hedonistic nature, positivity is going to by the wayside....

Outside of sitcoms\dramas that are doing well like Big Bang, 2 Men, and a few law and police shows, Reality TV is killing it right now.....

Yall are here pointing the finger at white execs when the reality is tens of millions of brothers and sisters love this types of ish...

So whose really to blame(if there's any), and who can you be truly mad at? Yall making it sound like the white establishment are our parents and we're completely dependent on them to shape our ethics and moral compass.....:smh:

No. You just made that up. I'm viewing it from the lens of a concerned Black Man who loves his people unconditionally. Our concerns are propaganda being used against us. You are trying to paint us as ashamed to be black when it is the complete opposite. We are proud as hell and with that pride comes accountability and concern. Although I agree that we are participants, that doesn't mean it is okay. We don't have room to have this sort of image of us portrayed on top of the EXTREMELY DETRIMENTAL circumstances we face UNIQUELY in America as Black people. Given our current predicament we need as many positive uplifting images and sounds as we can get and that's coming from love. Also, a gay black man who admits to being a sell out who only ever produces sick disturbing images of black folks on a network owned by a racist isn't a good look no matter how hard you try to paint it as such. So with that said:camby:

Gravity

Banned
Daps
But what people like Dr. Boyce is doing is saying that no black people cant make exciting and entertaining television like everyone else because "systemtic racism"...
You're deliberately lying. That's not what dude said.

so I guess black people can only promote imagery where they are the most exceptional of humans without flaws, so that nobody is offended. Basically sht that wouldnt make money. Its to say that black shouldnt be human, and reflect the norms of society.
Again, you've created a straw man to argue against instead of dealing with what black people who choose not support the show are actually saying. People aren't criticizing the show because the characters are not perfect and have flaws. People criticize the show for reinforcing the same old tired negative stereotypes of black people. The characters on the show are completely dysfunctional and the show itself does nothing but promote black dysfunction ala love n hip hop or any of the other shows on TV that centers around black characters. Some blacks are just tired of the same old propaganda being perpetuated.

This is how racism becomes a double effect on black people, and further restricts our ability in our pursuits. We always have to be dragged down by this oppressive obsession with race.
No, this is how white supremacy is maintained. A lot f blacks are just likenyou scared as fukk and would rather just go along to get along. You really don't want to deal with race so you downplay it. If black people were as obsessed with race as whites then whkte supremacy wouldn't be so easily maintained and we wouldn't be so easily victimized by it. Race is always a factor when talking about blacks and our condition in this country.

Your whole argument here on defense of the show is garbage. While it's true that there are shows where whites are depicted behaving dysfunctionally, the obvious difference is that there's more than enough programming of whites being wholesome and "good" to counter the negative. There is no blalance when it comes to the depiction of blacks in the media and that's the issue that some blacks have with Empire. It's yet another example of blacks being portrayed as dysfunctional. How do you not get that?

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The culture of America is built on racism and racism only. Everything revolves around white supremacy. This is the reason we need our own media.

Someone who has the balls to explain this. Please do.

How is empire a show created by a gay black man who only portrays black people in a negative light and is on a TV station owned by a racist okay. How is that okay? How is not approving of this being ashamed of being black?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Our concerns are propaganda being used against us

Entertainment can be propaganda, but this aint it.... Yall attack what's easy, cause it has a black face........

if Empire got cancelled tomorrow, our plight does not change one iota cause the engine driving the real narrative against us is fully functioning without impedance.....

Yall really don't care for real for real, if you did, you'd always go after the elephant in the room...

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The culture of America is built on racism and racism only. Everything revolves around white supremacy. This is the reason we need our own media.

Someone who has the balls to explain this. Please do.

How is empire a show created by a gay black man who only portrays black people in a negative light and is on a TV station owned by a racist okay. How is that okay? How is not approving of this being ashamed of being black?

Already told you... You just don't want to admit it. What you need to do is explain how the portrayal of 4-5 fictional characters is indicative of 45 million other people.... That's white supremacy ideology at its finest.........Lets use 3 or 4 to generalize the whole group... :mjpls:

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
I "assume" cause truth be told your words don't match with what most who actually do those things do. Maybe you're just an outlier but I'd bet on you not being one so :yeshrug: assume I shall continue to due. Have a great day my friend.

Edit: If you creating these types of shows already why don't you direct us to them instead of sounding like you begging for somebody else to do something?
Your false assumptions add nothing to this discussion. Your posts are a bunch of useless words that helps no one.

There are many parts of black people rising. Business, media, relations and such.

If you think that I can raise up the black race by myself then you are an idiot.

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Entertainment can be propaganda, but this aint it.... Yall attack what's easy, cause it has a black face........

if Empire got cancelled tomorrow, our plight does not change one iota cause the engine driving the real narrative against us is fully functioning without impedance.....

Yall really don't care for real for real, if you did, you'd always go after the elephant in the room...

What the elephant in the room. We go after all aspects. My most important beef is economic but I do come at entertainment from time to time. Nice delfection though.:mjlol: You say we don't care. Explain how I don't care. Empire isn't the only one it's just an example.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps

what's the elephant in the room in your opinion?

:lupe:

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Already told you... You just don't want to admit it. What you need to do is explain how the portrayal of 4-5 fictional characters is indicative of 45 million other people.... That's white supremacy ideology at its finest.........Lets use 3 or 4 to generalize the whole group... :mjpls:

No, it's reality because we live in a white supremacist system.

Edit- its not. That's the whole point of not wanting it to be the majority of our images portrayed. Our discussion is centered around propaganda. Do you know the definition?

Daps
Reppin
VOID
Black people are not white people, it's like many Black people don't understand this simple concept until they're on the wrong end of a propaganda campaign.

It gives me a headache when I hear Black people saying "but white people do the same thing and it's not a problem", YES, THEY DO AND IT'S NOT A PROBLEM BECAUSE THEY ARE WHITE.

:ohlawd:
It gives me a headache too.

The comparison cannot be made. And should not. White people always judged individually. We're always judged as a group.