Dr. Umar Johnson - School Fund Raising Campaign

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Making ridiculously factually inaccurate, ahistorical, conspiratorial, unscientific claims to dupe naive followers and shamelessly promoting himself like a televangelist or a rapper and calling himself "The Prince of Pan Africanism," while selling $50 30 minute consultations to parents with kids struggling in school. This is obviously a guy with a self-serving agenda who is actively trying to be a celebrity. If anybody trusts dudes like him and Tariq Nasheed with their money, they might as well trust Kevin Trudeau from the Natural Cures They Don't Want You to Know About infomercials, or that Peter Popoff dude on BET with the magic prayers cloths.

I don't think a liar and crackpot running a school where kids are supposed to learn would be a good thing.

You have any proof of this sounds like your opinion

Charging for consultations is a "crime now"

some consultants charge hundreds of thousands for their services, so that point is mute, especially if he actually is performing the service they are paying for

You seem awfully angry at somebody who hasn't done anything

I mean college universities are ripping off american citizens and enslaving them to debt
while making hundreds of millions of student athletes for free labor, never see you call them charlatans

there's members of school boards swindling money right now all across the country, lets be real

i see give the man a chance and see what he can do

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
I'm not trying to redirect your assertion. Umar Johnson is a fraudulent self-promoting charlatan. I agree 100%. I'm not asking you prove your position, I'm assuming you've done your research on him. I'm not asking you to prove what you've done for the black community because that request is irrelevant.

I'm saying since Umar is not who we should be supporting then please recommend an alternative? Can you give a name or an organization that you believe is more trustworthy that we should put our money behind? As I said in the earlier post, for everyone who disagrees with Umar Johnson, they should consider supporting the Harlem Children's Zone run by Geoffrey Canada.

In terms of what? Education? Just a black organization in general? I would suggest looking into local grassroots organizations.

Great to hear you say that because Umar is also against Charter schools. It's the reason he's trying to raise money on his own so he can start an independently owned and controlled school for black boys.

I'm not even sure what you mean by "neoliberalize education."
In short, putting public money into private hands to run schools. But Umar Johnson is trying to do it with donations, so that didn't apply. Never mind.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
You have any proof of this sounds like your opinion

Charging for consultations is a "crime now"

some consultants charge hundreds of thousands for their services, so that point is mute, especially if he actually is performing the service they are paying for

You seem awfully angry at somebody who hasn't done anything

I mean college universities are ripping off american citizens and enslaving them to debt
while making hundreds of millions of student athletes for free labor, never see you call them charlatans

there's members of school boards swindling money right now all across the country, lets be real

i see give the man a chance and see what he can do
:manny: Okay. Give him your money.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Making ridiculously factually inaccurate, ahistorical, conspiratorial, unscientific claims to dupe naive followers and shamelessly promoting himself like a televangelist or a rapper and calling himself "The Prince of Pan Africanism," while selling $50 30 minute consultations to parents with kids struggling in school. This is obviously a guy with a self-serving agenda who is actively trying to be a celebrity. If anybody trusts dudes like him and Tariq Nasheed with their money, they might as well trust Kevin Trudeau from the Natural Cures They Don't Want You to Know About infomercials, or that Peter Popoff dude on BET with the magic prayers cloths.

I don't think a liar and crackpot running a school where kids are supposed to learn would be a good thing.
While I think Tariq needs to distance himself from Umar Johnson, I think Tariq is LEAGUES better than Umar in everything from talking points, to rationality, to execution.

Rookie
Daps
Didn't Umar get into some trouble a few years back for not paying his child support? Or nah?
Youtube interview where it talks about it

Starts at 5:10 mark.

Court dockets suggest that he is evading the courts in Philly over some unpaid business taxes? Or nah?

Philly Municipal Courts
Philadelphia Municipal Court

Last edited:
Daps
Didn't Umar get into some trouble a few years back for not paying his child support? Or nah?
Youtube interview where it talks about it

Starts at 5:10 mark.

Court dockets suggest that he is evading the courts in Philly over some unpaid business taxes? Or nah?

Philly Municipal Courts
Philadelphia Municipal Court

i hate that or naa sh!t

Rookie
Daps
Is my information wrong or not? Let me know. I am researching this cat trying to make sense of this stuff. I guess I'll leave it alone and just donate to another organization.

• Dap
Reactions: Hi!

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Is my information wrong or not? Let me know. I am researching this cat trying to make sense of this stuff. I guess I'll leave it alone and just donate to another organization.

No please, any valuable information you find is helpful.

• Dap
Reactions: Hi!

2manyFCKNrappers

mentally i measure kilos
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
No matter how much cash he raises he and his school will constantly be under attack. His approach is admirable but it isn't rooted in reality. He's still in America. You can call me a c00n but I'm only stating the obvious. It's not impossible and I may donate but black leaders have traditionally let their passion cloud their judgement of reality which is why we can't progress. We have these movements that start with a fire but ignore history and end up delusional. I'm trying not to sound too critical but even if it isn't pretty we have to remember the territory we are in first in order to create a foothold on the battlefield. Everywhere in this country is the oppressors land. Do you really think they will allow you to set up camp and start training young soilders that aren't on their side of the war? This is The Art of War 101 people.

2manyFCKNrappers

mentally i measure kilos
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Tbh I don't trust any of these nikkas. The only one I fukk with is Bobby Hemmit. I've met all of them and they all like to hear themselves talk. They want praise, glory and a following. But if YouTube lectures are enough evidence that these people have the credibility and responsibility to hold the future of our youth in their hands.....

:sas2:

Regine Hunter

Captain Fupa
Supporter
Daps
it was hilarious to see the reaction of LSA.
completely different here. if I had the funds, I'd donate.

Rookie
Daps
Has Dr. Umar registered with the IRS before he started the fundraising campaign? I imagine there has to be some sort of legal documentation establishing that the organization exists if he is fundraising for such a large amount of money. I also see something about registering in each state that one wishes to illicit funds from on the IRS website. The thing doesn't seem professional or well-thought out and I think he might actually run into some serious legal issues with this. He needs to be careful.

GMOGMediaTV

GMOGMedia.tv
Daps
Reppin
Miami
Has Dr. Umar registered with the IRS before he started the fundraising campaign? I imagine there has to be some sort of legal documentation establishing that the organization exists if he is fundraising for such a large amount of money. I also see something about registering in each state that one wishes to illicit funds from on the IRS website. The thing doesn't seem professional or well-thought out and I think he might actually run into some serious legal issues with this. He needs to be careful.

I've met and interviewed Dr Umar Johnson on several occasions. All the questions you've asked have been answered when I recorded his lecture he did last month in West Palm Beach FL.

He is working with an attorney to help out with all the legalities of this campaign FYI.

Rookie
Daps
A quick search for "Frederick Douglass Marcus Garvey RBG International Leadership Academy" Academy in Philly where he is asking to receive the donations. This site is the PA database for charities and fundraisers registered with the state.
Entity Search

No search results for this organization

A quick search for "Frederick Douglass Marcus Garvey RBG International Leadership Academy" in VA where the campus will be located at the VA department Charitable Organization database.
Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services - Charitable Organization Database

No search results for this organization

When he gets his shyt together, let me know, bro. This is ridiculous.