Dr. Umar Johnson - School Fund Raising Campaign

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Exactly. shyts comical. Even in this thread a bunch of nikkas came in saying Umar is a fraud. You ask them who should we give our money to then, they disappear :heh:

Same goes for the hidden colors threads. Dudes say its innacurate and how anyone who watches it is an idiot. Then when you ask for recommendations on better films they start disappear and shyt :dead:

This is the dumbest post in Coli history.

Busted_Toes

Veteran
Daps
I'm all for this BUT at least we should be able to track the money.

edit: 5 million? :dead: When is the deadline? If the 5 milli isn't reached, do we get our money back?

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Nice deflection. I do admire your civic-mindedness though.

How is it a deflection? You said Umar is a charlatan and shouldn't be trusted. Cool. What organization should black people support :word:?

I've told everyone in this thread if they don't trust Umar, they can support the Harlem Children's Zone instead. Now I'm waiting for you to recommend an alternative :ld:

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
How is it a deflection? You said Umar is a charlatan and shouldn't be trusted. Cool. What organization should black people support :word:?

I've told everyone in this thread if they don't trust Umar, they can support the Harlem Children's Zone instead. Now I'm waiting for you to recommend an alternative :ld:
It is a deflection. You're trying to redirect the assertion that Umar Johnson is a fraudulent self-promoting charlatan into putting the onus on the person to offer a different private school to donate to.

"You can't critique A without endorsing B" is not logical.

But for the record, I'm generally against charter schools and the movement to neoliberalize education.

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
The bolded is what we're going to have to do to succeed, it'll have to be 100% grass roots (like the majority of black movements). Let's be honest, a dude like Umar isn't going to get mainstream coverage. It'd be one thing if he said "I'm building a school for at risk minorities. I believe we need alternative schools to help these underprivileged youths, won't you help :feedme:"

But this dude came out the gate saying white America is hell bent on destroying black people, and he rejects the kakistocracy. He has 0 desire to work with or interact with cacs on any level, and he feels it's his job to destroy white supremacy through educating our children about their own greatness. I wouldn't be shocked if the FBI already has a file on him.

I was waiting for you to say the bolded :russ:

But on the flip side Tariq does have a point. Jay-Z made national headlines for wearing a 5% chain.

Jay Z’s bling from ‘whites are devils’ group | New York Post

Now could you imagine if say Lebron James came up and endorsed Umar openly? Man ESPN's leading article would be "Lebron James donates a million dollars to support a Black Supremacist organization." Steven A. Smith would be on first take saying how Lebron James is just as bad as Donald Sterling and black people need to stop being racist against white people :dead:

Either way, we all gotta do our part

I mean no disrespect when I ask this, but what % of your money do you give to support black organizations :ld:? If you don't have any money, how much of your time are you giving? The reason I ask is whenever this subject comes up, people like to point the finger at everyone else and say what they need to do. Even @marcuz accused me of trolling when I said I believe it's my responsibility as a black man to fix the issues I see in my own back yard.

It's also one of the reasons I fukks with Umar so heavily. He is the only person I know who's actions go beyond just giving lectures and is actually trying to create something. It's why I have no issue giving money and time to help him succeed.

No disrespect taken. I don't have a percentage. But I give all the time, not just to black organizations but also to cancer( donated $100 last month because my father has cancer ). I'm not in the community like that because I have a son to raise( sadly enough that can be counted as me doing my part ). I offered a job to my nephew who just came just home from jail ( he's 18 ) and even tried to contact him to do his resume for him ( of course I got brushed off, but hey whatever ). Back when I was in Baltimore, I tried to help a couple of people with at least getting their A+ and put in a word at my place of employment. But they didn't want to fukk with reading 1000+ page books.. Started a programming group with nothing but black males, so how that just died off( dont ask me why ).

and lets not forget I bought Molly water(because he was black ) when dude was on here............$40 on some water...........:mjlol: . shyt I dont know how many times I bought some wack rappers CD in the mall, just to trash it.

Fact of the matter is, its great that some of the millionaires donate, my point was they need to make sure that money is actually making a difference.

Last edited:

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
It is a deflection. You're trying to redirect the assertion that Umar Johnson is a fraudulent self-promoting charlatan into putting the onus on the person to offer a different private school to donate to.

"You can't critique A without endorsing B" is not logical.

I'm not trying to redirect your assertion. Umar Johnson is a fraudulent self-promoting charlatan. I agree 100%. I'm not asking you prove your position, I'm assuming you've done your research on him. I'm not asking you to prove what you've done for the black community because that request is irrelevant.

I'm saying since Umar is not who we should be supporting then please recommend an alternative? Can you give a name or an organization that you believe is more trustworthy that we should put our money behind? As I said in the earlier post, for everyone who disagrees with Umar Johnson, they should consider supporting the Harlem Children's Zone run by Geoffrey Canada.

I'm asking you to do the same.

But for the record, I'm generally against charter schools and the movement to neoliberalize education.

Great to hear you say that because Umar is also against Charter schools. It's the reason he's trying to raise money on his own so he can start an independently owned and controlled school for black boys.

I'm not even sure what you mean by "neoliberalize education."

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
No disrespect taken. I don't have a percentage. But I give all the time, not just to black organizations but also to cancer( donated $100 last month because my father has cancer ). I'm not in the community like that because I have a son to raise( sadly enough that can be counted as me doing my part ). I offered a job to my nephew who just came just home from jail ( he's 18 ) and even tried to contact him to do his resume for him ( of course I got brushed off, but hey whatever ). Back when I was in Baltimore, I tried to help a couple of people with at least getting their A+ and put in a word at my place of employment. But they didn't want to fukk with reading 1000+ page books.. Started a programming group with nothing but black males, so how that just died off( dont ask me why ).

and lets not forget I bought Molly water(because he was black ) when dude was on here............$40 on some water...........:mjlol: . shyt I dont know how many times I bought some wack rappers CD in the mall, just to trash it.

Fact of the matter is, its great that some of the millionaires donate, my point was they need to make sure that money is actually making a difference.

Glad to hear you're trying to do your part. I have way more respect for someone like you who's doing what he can and have complaints with Umar's methodology, vs. some of these other cats who haven't lifted a finger to help a single person saying Umar is going about it wrong.

Also why did your programming group die off? I'm working on something similar in Atlanta, and I don't want to make the same mistakes.

And :camby: at you buying MollyWatr. Stop lying nikka, you can't buy something that never existed :mjlol:

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
OP is so sad and dumb he has to distort the truth

I lurked the Hidden Colors thread and brehs like @KidStranglehold @Napoleon @observe were linking all types of Black diaspora videos. OP thinks an inaccurate video should be propped up because an alternative may not exist yet.

As for this, I've provided plenty of things Blacks need to do in a lot of these Umar threads and his worshippers carefully ignore them.

For some reason, OP has the mind that donating is the only or most efficient way of helping our communities when the opposite is true.

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
Glad to hear you're trying to do your part. I have way more respect for someone like you who's doing what he can, vs. some of these other cats who haven't lifted a finger to help a single person. Also why did your programming group die off? I'm working on something similar in Atlanta, and I don't want to make the same mistakes.

And :camby: at you buying MollyWatr. Stop lying nikka, you can't buy something that never existed :mjlol:

I think the reason why it died off was :

1.) Didn't make the "basics" interesting enough. When people get into something, they want to know right away how this will pay off or be useful.
2.) You need some type of objective, what is the goal for the course. Where do you hope they'll be at by the end of it.
3.) Don't expect everybody to share the same love for it as you have. While I can talk about programming all day, some may not..All you can do is give them the Info.
4.) Don't take the course too seriously, make it fun in some type of way or you'll bore them to death.

Also if its a tech course, you don't have to teach them the latest technology. For example, my son wants to learn programming so he can make video games. So last week I picked up this book for him The language they are using is extremely old and nobody uses it. But he'll probably have an easier time understanding it and then he can move on from there.

I didn't buy Kens molly watr( who can? lol ) It was the other dudes one, he only posted like a couple of times.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
So there are people who are actually donating money to this self-promoting fraudulent rapid-fire :duck:-spitting smartdumb Creflo Dollar in a kufi charlatan? :mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol:

This is definitely an embarrassing look for the coli. Y'all would probably would join some Heaven's Gate or Jim Jones cult type shyt if they were black and charismatic enough.

what makes him a charlatan

if he actually uses the donations to build the school whats the problem

Daps
Reppin
NULL
In what line of thinking do we have to support Umar if theres no better alternative?

the questions what shouldn't he be supported has he done anything to warrant not supporting

people do not to haiti and katrina efforts that went straight into the pockets of charlatans, and nobody gave a damn

Dr. Sebi Jr.

Trust Me
Daps
Reppin
Not Technically a "Doctor"
So there are people who are actually donating money to this self-promoting fraudulent rapid-fire :duck:-spitting smartdumb Creflo Dollar in a kufi charlatan? :mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol:

This is definitely an embarrassing look for the coli. Y'all would probably would join some Heaven's Gate or Jim Jones cult type shyt if they were black and charismatic enough.
How dare you. HOW DARE YOU.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
what makes him a charlatan

Making ridiculously factually inaccurate, ahistorical, conspiratorial, unscientific claims to dupe naive followers and shamelessly promoting himself like a televangelist or a rapper and calling himself "The Prince of Pan Africanism," while selling $50 30 minute consultations to parents with kids struggling in school. This is obviously a guy with a self-serving agenda who is actively trying to be a celebrity. If anybody trusts dudes like him and Tariq Nasheed with their money, they might as well trust Kevin Trudeau from the Natural Cures They Don't Want You to Know About infomercials, or that Peter Popoff dude on BET with the magic prayers cloths.

if he actually uses the donations to build the school whats the problem

I don't think a liar and crackpot running a school where kids are supposed to learn would be a good thing.