Dr. Umar Johnson - School Fund Raising Campaign

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
He's not going to respond bro. Been there, done that. I got stacks too. Ready to give at least $5,000 but if the nikka don't respond to basic questions, fukk it.

Sounds reasonable breh. Hit him up, if he don't respond don't donate. If you want to support a cause, donate the 5k to the Harlem Children's Zone instead.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He's not going to respond bro. Been there, done that. I got stacks too. Ready to give at least $5,000 but if the nikka don't respond to basic questions, fukk it.
yeah when i first heard about the school, i wanted to drop at the very least a stack on it.

but it would appear he set an unrealistic goal he knows he cant accomplish. there's no promotion going into this, no way he'll receive a 1/4th of what he's asking for. so what happens to the money that does get donated to him

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
yeah when i first heard about the school, i wanted to drop at the very least a stack on it.

but it would appear he set an unrealistic goal he knows he cant accomplish. there's no promotion going into this, no way he'll receive a 1/4th of what he's asking for. so what happens to the money that does get donated to him

All them certs you got and you only giving a stack :dahell:???

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
The schools are doing so bad, because the teachers/administrators are either prepping those kids for special education or prison a majority of the time, not too mention the curriculum is boring/irrelevant to them.
Yes a good number of these parents need to step it up, but if the school system to designed to prep black kids for prison/special education, how can you simply blame this on the parents?

How do you prep kids for prison? I cant speak for everywhere, but most of the time teachers in the inner city are black, so are they setting them up to go to prison..

yall still dont get it, nothing will be fixed until you fix home. and that mostly starts by having the father in the home.

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
How do you prep kids for prison? I cant speak for everywhere, but most of the time teachers in the inner city are black, so are they setting them up to go to prison..

yall still dont get it, nothing will be fixed until you fix home. and that mostly starts by having the father in the home.

It's one of the reasons he wants the school to be a residential school. Remove the kids out of that fukked up environment and make sure their surrounded by positive black male role models.

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY

You prep the kids for prison, by suspending them for little things such as being late to school, not too mention forcing those kids out of school for minor infractions. Not too mention, by not providing them with any tools(lack of trade programs in black schools) that they can monetize off of, thus leaving some of the only ways they can make money is through crime.

Also, stories like this
Student suspended for a year after hugging teacher - WBTW-TV: News, Weather, and Sports for Florence, SC

Now if you not feeling Umar's school premise, then don't donate :manny:

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
You prep the kids for prison, by suspending them for little things such as being late to school, not too mention forcing those kids out of school for minor infractions. Not too mention, by not providing them with any tools(lack of trade programs in black schools) that they can monetize off of, thus leaving some of the only ways they can make money is through crime.

Also, stories like this
Student suspended for a year after hugging teacher - WBTW-TV: News, Weather, and Sports for Florence, SC

Now if you not feeling Umar's school premise, then don't donate :manny:

Bruh. I believe in tackling problems from multiple angles and i was going to donate off of bdizzle word alone( i havnt followed Dr.Umar at all ). But IMHO i feel like other programs and stuff will help, but the biggest impact will come from having fathers in the home( which I dont have the answer too and i dont want to derail this thread ).

But as bdizzle said, if we dont agree with Umar ways. donate to something els

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Bruh. I believe in tackling problems from multiple angles and i was going to donate off of bdizzle word alone( i havnt followed Dr.Umar at all ). But IMHO i feel like other programs and stuff will help, but the biggest impact will come from having fathers in the home( which I dont have the answer too and i dont want to derail this thread ).

Dude has tons of videos on YouTube. Listen to some of his lectures and see if you agree with his perspective. If you agree, donate what you can.

If you disagree, just break a nikka off with some rep and we'll call it even :sas2:

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
just watched the trailer :wow: i know tariq would disagree but it's sad that we have enough black multi-millionaires to make this an instant reality, but they wont donate a dime.

In one of his lectures, he said some celebrities already hit him up promising to donate some bread.

On the flip side I agree with Tariq when he said we gotta stop depending on the super rich for help. Black people collectively have more than enough money to fund anything we want. We'll spend a shyt ton of our disposable income on shut like liquor, weed, clothes, video games, fast food, electronics, and a bunch of other straight bullshyt.

But when someone asks to give money and donate to something that will actually help us, it's always difficult for us to find money.

Which is why I said if you disagree with Umar and still wanna help, donate to the HCZ.

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
just watched the trailer :wow: i know tariq would disagree but it's sad that we have enough black multi-millionaires to make this an instant reality, but they wont donate a dime.

Most if the time rich blacks are not allowed to really help black folk.
That's why you'll Lebron may give out some sneakers to kids in Akron, but he won't put together a lending program for blacks who want to start businesses or something of that ilk.

I can't blame him, as soon as I get on, I'm getting me a couple of PAWGS and moving as far away from you nikkas as possible :mjpls:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
In one of his lectures, he said some celebrities already hit him up promising to donate some bread.

On the flip side I agree with Tariq when he said we gotta stop depending on the super rich for help. Black people collectively have more than enough money to fund anything we want. We'll spend a shyt ton of our disposable income on shut like liquor, weed, clothes, video games, fast food, electronics, and a bunch of other straight bullshyt.

But when someone asks to give money and donate to something that will actually help us, it's always difficult for us to find money.

Which is why I said if you disagree with Umar and still wanna help, donate to the HCZ.

yeah, thats IF we know about it. how many people do you think are currently aware that he's accepting donations for his school? i mean the youtube video has less than 1,500 views for christ sake. fukk it, i'mma put this up on worldstar

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Most if the time rich blacks are not allowed to really help black folk.
That's why you'll Lebron may give out some sneakers to kids in Akron, but he won't put together a lending program for blacks who want to start businesses or something of that ilk.

I can't blame him, as soon as I get on, I'm getting me a couple of PAWGS and moving as far away from you nikkas as possible :mjpls:

Growing up I would have never guessed Jordan would eventually become the poster boy of the no nikkas movement :dead:

Last edited:

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis

Burns me up man.. While it is their money and they dont have to do anything and I know alot of them do donate I feel like they arent doing enough. They should do groups of donations that target certain issues instead of " here take this money" and make sure that money does what it was intented to do.