Dr. Dre's vault - the legendary unreleased Dr. Dre albums

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
They had lots of sample issues back then, this is as close as the beat to the og next episode..

This was released in 96

The sample issues came a lot of the time because the original artists or whoever owned the sample didn't like the rapper making the song. Doggystyle and G Gunk Era are only a year or 2 apart in release date so who knows what the problem was one day but was changed less then 2 years later. Like I said I think some Of it had to do with Death Row's image at the time. Whereas Def Jam was a label that had been around and wasn't run buy a bloke like Suge Knight.

There's another song left off Doggystyle with a similar outcome. Gz Up Hoez Down sampled the same song as Can I Live. One day it's not cleared, a few years later they clear it even tho it's a straight up loop using large sections of the original song.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
I remember reading somewhere that very little music actually got recorded for this, because of "creative differences"... The type of stuff other posters here talked about.
It seems like Dre is the hardest producer to work with. Most rappers that work with Dre have that same complaint.

Mac Casper

@adonnis - pull up, there's refreshments
Daps
Reppin
Love
It seems like Dre is the hardest producer to work with. Most rappers that work with Dre have that same complaint.

It's understandable, imagine up until the point you got to working with Dre your career has been fueled by passion and it's been fun all along the way, then you get to Dre and it's no longer about that - no it's about perfectionism - which means professionalism will take the place of artistry . . you're now more concerned about the perfection than creativity . . how many artists do you think Can go through a whole project like that?

Mac Casper

Daps
Reppin
Love
"Look out for Detox" Dre on Game's debut album

Game dropped like 6 albums since then and still no Detox

:mjcry:
On November 16, 2010 an unfinished version of the song leaked onto the Internet.[2] On the same day, Dr. Dre spoke on Radio Big Boy regarding the status of his album and the leaked song:

"I see a finish line right now, I'm wrapping it up, I need about two or three more songs and hopefully I will start the mixing process at the end of next month and from that point I am about 30 days out, so I'm excited about it." "Kush got leaked, it was a version of it that got leaked that I wasn't really happy about, so we are gonna go in push it and put it out because everyone seems to like it. Y'know I just thought, like, the content it's about weed smoking and I don't want people to think that's what my album is about, this is actually the only song with that type of content in it."[3]

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
:ohhh:

i just realized thats the same Drums and bassline sound that Dr Dre used in about 5 or 6 other Death Row songs. Dr Dre needs other beat makers to stay away from that Moog bass and drum pattern.

i think that's just what happens when you sit in the lab all day cranking out beats like he did back then. i never knew this was supposed to be for DPG but that explains the obvious Doggystyle era beat on AEOM i always wondered why he would have that beat when it was out of place IMO and had the same bassline as What's My Name.

Suge Knight

MOB
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Federal Prison
The sample issues came a lot of the time because the original artists or whoever owned the sample didn't like the rapper making the song. Doggystyle and G Gunk Era are only a year or 2 apart in release date so who knows what the problem was one day but was changed less then 2 years later. Like I said I think some Of it had to do with Death Row's image at the time. Whereas Def Jam was a label that had been around and wasn't run buy a bloke like Suge Knight.

There's another song left off Doggystyle with a similar outcome. Gz Up Hoez Down sampled the same song as Can I Live. One day it's not cleared, a few years later they clear it even tho it's a straight up loop using large sections of the original song.
Truth.

Issac Hayes wasn't too happy about the samples being used on g'z up hoe's down, sad cause that beat and melody went so well with snoops flow and that classic was left off that album.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Truth.

Issac Hayes wasn't too happy about the samples being used on g'z up hoe's down, sad cause that beat and melody went so well with snoops flow and that classic was left off that album.
I heard G'z Up Hoe's Down originally made the cassette version, just not the CD one. Then the cassettes got pulled off the shelves when Issac Hayes got mad.

Mac Casper

Daps
Reppin
Love
I heard G'z Up Hoe's Down originally made the cassette version, just not the CD one. Then the cassettes got pulled off the shelves when Issac Hayes got mad.

Wait . . you mean this song isn't on the CD release? :wtf:

Mac Casper

Daps
Reppin
Love
the plan was for All Eyez on Me to be "Produced by Dr. Dre" . . but Tupac didn't agree with it and made an issue of that . . this lead to the friction that prompted Dre to leave

Example of how All Eyez on Me was suppose to work
Doggystyle was recorded in early 1993 at Death Row Studios. It was produced in a style similar to The Chronic; some critics called it a "carbon copy".[2] Snoop Dogg collaborated with two music groups, 213 and Tha Dogg Pound. Daz Dillinger, of the latter group, accused Dr. Dre of taking sole recognition for the songs and alleged he and Warren G were uncredited on many tracks.[11] Death Row Records co-founder Marion "Suge" Knight stated in 2013 that, "Daz pretty much did the whole album", and that credit was signed over to Dr. Dre for a fee.[12] Snoop Dogg said Dr. Dre was capable of making beats without the help of collaborators and addressed the issues with Warren G and Daz, stating "They made beats, Dre produced that record". He discussed the track "Ain't No Fun", mentioning that Daz and Warren G brought Dr. Dre the beat but "Dre took that muthafukka to the next level!"[13] Bruce Williams, closely affiliated with Dr. Dre, discussed the recording process during Dre's time at Death Row Records, stating:

About Doggystyle
"Williams said the album was never finished and because of the demand for the record, the distributors insisted the album be completed, otherwise they would cancel the album's orders. This resulted in Dr. Dre mixing the album and inserting the skits within 48 hours, which enabled the album to be released"

^ seems like that's the fastest Dre's ever worked . . Dre must've hated that

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
I got more hope for a Heltah Skeltah album than I do a Detox album.....i actually had the HS tee back in HS

TheRtist

Superstar
Daps
the plan was for All Eyez on Me to be "Produced by Dr. Dre" . . but Tupac didn't agree with it and made an issue of that . . this lead to the friction that prompted Dre to leave

Example of how All Eyez on Me was suppose to work

About Doggystyle
"Williams said the album was never finished and because of the demand for the record, the distributors insisted the album be completed, otherwise they would cancel the album's orders. This resulted in Dr. Dre mixing the album and inserting the skits within 48 hours, which enabled the album to be released"

^ seems like that's the fastest Dre's ever worked . . Dre must've hated that

I wonder how the correct Doggystyle was supposed to sound :ohhh: